Graphics settings question (1 Viewer)

EvoWarrior5

Contributor
I have a quick question. I had to return my laptop to factory settings today and now I'm getting everything as it was. I used to have this option enabled to reduce the Windows graphics quality, or that's what I'm pretty sure what it was. I can't find how to do it again anywhere, I see several graphic-related settings but none are what I'm trying to find. It had such effects as generally reducing quality and when you move a programme screen (like your Steam friends) it doesn't follow your mouse in full but you only see the outlines.

I noticed after I enabled this setting, among some other things, that my games performance was boosted; plus I've gotten used to it. I'd therefore like to find it again, but I can't find it.

Maybe this helps:
"After installing the OS and cleaning up any junk leftover from the installation and update procedures, we move on to tweaking some of Windows 8’s settings to better suit our aged PC. Our first stop was the Advanced System Settings menu, where we can alter the OS’ virtual memory settings and visual options.To get to the Advanced System Settings in Windows 8, switch to Desktop mode, click the Libraries shortcut in the taskbar, and then right-click on Computer. In the resulting context menu, select Properties, and the System control panel will open. Click on Advanced System Settings in the left pane of the window and the System Properties control panel will open. Click on the Advanced tab, and then click on the Settings button in the Performance section at the top to open the Performance Options control panel. Once open, click on the Visual Effects tab at the top and then tick the "Adjust For Best Performance" option and hit Apply. If there is a particular visual effect you’d prefer to leave enabled, you can individually select it here, but the more options that are disabled the better your PC's performance will be."
per-100008403-medium.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Da Random
Forgot to ever reply to this; I found it. Thanks Zeprus.

• Friendly
Reactions: Zeprus

Users who are viewing this thread