Got Maps that need fixing? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitty Cat

Donator
We all know them. Map bugs/glitches/exploits which make the game less fun. Seeing as we have a few mappers among us, i think it would be a neat idea to post the stuff that needs fixing here,so mappers can fix them.
Template:

-Map name:
-Problem:
-Position of the problem:
-Suggested solution:
-Any screenshots to help us

Stabbin already edited dr_office to avoid people stalling the round, and i'm currently fixing bunnyhop exploits on dr_wintervalley.

Post away!

Reactions: Kevin and Jayy
And I fixed cp_orange so people won't camp in the other team's spawn, but kevin never seems to implement my shit.

I'd rather make my own maps anyways.

And I fixed cp_orange so people won't camp in the other team's spawn, but kevin never seems to implement my shit.

I'd rather make my own maps anyways.
We can just have the opposing team insta-die in any enemy spawn on any map if we take some time, I've seen people do it. :D

-Map name: watchtower
-Problem: There's some speakers is up very high like, up so high that the hale can't even jump up there, and someone (people with low gravity, infinite doublejumps & pyros) shoot themselves up there and they stay there, until the map is over.
-Position of the problem: In the tall tower, standing in the middle, there's these orange speakers where you can actually stand on them.
-Suggested solution: To remove the stand-able place on the speakers.
-Any screenshots to help us I can't provide anyone since my computer is kinda spassing out so I can't play TF2 without extreme lag at the moment.

-Problem: There's some speakers is up very high like, up so high that the hale can't even jump up there, and someone (people with low gravity, infinite doublejumps & pyros) shoot themselves up there and they stay there, until the map is over.
I actually don't think it's a problem. Hale can always just go and cap the point, right? Or there's no point on watchtower?

That^, my bad, didn't mention it was in Saxton Hale. Also, the speaker is up way too high for hale to reach up there.

- Server: VSH
- Map name: arena_badlands + arena_ravine
- Problem: There are no health packs on them
- Position of the problem: None. Didn't I just say there are no fucking health packs? Geez.
- Suggested solution: Add health packs.

Can't be bothered to pinpoint positions where I think there should be health packs right now. Will do that later, when I'm back home.

Reactions: Kevin
Map name: dm_duel_v1_panda2
Problem: spam
Position of the problem: gate to gate, 2nd floor to enemy gate, 3rd floor to enemy gate
Suggested solution: replace lockers on 1st, 2nd and 3rd levels with invincible, unsappable lv3 dispensers
Any screenshots to help us: not needed

Map name: dm_duel_v1_panda2
Problem: spam
Position of the problem: gate to gate, 2nd floor to enemy gate, 3rd floor to enemy gate
Suggested solution: replace lockers on 1st, 2nd and 3rd levels with invincible, unsappable lv3 dispensers
Any screenshots to help us: not needed
Maybe we should keep only the first floor locker :/
ANd this suggestion has beeen done a lot of times but just ignored...

No, the gate to gate spam is happening exactly because there's a locker in the spawn. I'm okay with leaving one on the 4th floor, though.

No, the gate to gate spam is happening exactly because there's a locker in the spawn. I'm okay with leaving one on the 4th floor, though.

In my opinion we definitely need the 1st floor one, since it's in the spawnroom..
About the 4th floor one, can't argue with that, since It's very hard to spam from there.

So I decided to take care of this dm_duel problem due to many past requests from you. Did some fixing up with the func_details, added a blockbullets (It only blocks projectiles in TF2) at the spawn doors, and now the main problem with the resupply lockers.
So I have 3 ways this could be solved.
1st one: A permament blockbullets brush infront at the window-direction of the resupply locker.
1e664306c3.jpg

This obviously having the disadvantage of snipers mostly being safe from the other team's soldiers, unless they know about blast damage.

2nd solution: I do the same thing with the blockbullets, but add a trigger_multiple with a delay so the blockbullets brush appears if a player keeps standing around inside the respawn's locker radius. Screenshot not included due to me having to post quite some I/O stuff then.

3rd solution: Make the resupply lockers act like dispenser. Not be dispenser, but act like these. Basically this means I would turn the resupply lockers into payload-like war-refuel-station.
cbf02446b7.jpg

Honestly I'd pick the third solution.

Reactions: Stabbin and Danny
Update on the third solution, I think it would be better to use a dispenser model then. Dispenser beam + Resupply locker doesnt look very right.
Also, additional request that I also change the spawn's resupply locker into a dispenser or just the resupply lockers at the "window-floors"?

We need the first floor one, since it's in the spawn room.. other than that, I don't need anything else, thank you.

Didixo, thanks for responding! I'd pick the third solution, too, as I've seen first two on "other panda" server and it honestly doesn't do anything to prevent spamming: an obligatory 1sec pause to step a little away from the locker isn't much of a change, so it just decreases intensity. So I think spawn locker should be replaced, too. 4th floor locker can remain in place, though, since it's hard to actually spam from there.

.Frost, can you please explain why there is a need for instant clip refill at the respawn? If it's for quick/instant heal, then there can be just two or three fake dispensers. My point is removing instant clip and throwables reloading at the locker, which makes spam close to impossible.

please explain why there is a need for instant clip refill at the respawn? If it's for quick/instant heal, then there can be just two or three fake dispensers. My point is removing instant clip and throwables reloading at the locker, which makes spam close to impossible.

He is right... We need to do the same for floor one because of demo pipe spam :/

.Frost, can you please explain why there is a need for instant clip refill at the respawn? If it's for quick/instant heal, then there can be just two or three fake dispensers. My point is removing instant clip and throwables reloading at the locker, which makes spam close to impossible.

It's not that easy to spam from the ground floor, since of the door being closed... and for that we could add that brush that blocks projectiles when using the locker, so no spam.

By the way before, for 1st floor, i meant ground floor..

It's not that easy to spam from the ground floor, since of the door being closed... and for that we could add that brush that blocks projectiles when using the locker, so no spam.

By the way before, for 1st floor, i meant ground floor..
Well there are 2 types of people man
first,second,third,forth
Ground,first,second,forth so yeah
and I still mean Ground people demos can spam theirs pipes non-stop there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread