Accepted Got banned for changing name. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acesye

Source Bans URL: Can't actually get, but on the list of bans as Bot
Name of banned steam account: Acesye
Date and Time of ban: 01-27-17 22:14
Reason of ban: 3rd party program
Admin that banned me: TBotV63
Why I should recieve an unban: So, I was playing in a sever with people using voice chat, and I had the idea to change my name to Bot so I could get some reactions when it said a bot killed people. However, I wasn't using a 3rd party program and there is proof on that because I died numerous amount of times; It went downhill fast though because it kicked me out of the game and showed me the 'You have been banned from this server' Message

I'm sorry if any inconvenience was created. I only wanted reactions.

• Agree
Reactions: Zushikikato Wolfeh
You didn't get banned for changing your name, you got banned for perfectly centering the rocket before you airblast, something no actual player does. Just because you die, doesn't mean you're not hacking. But let me find the demo I guess.

I'm on a new PC and my old steam account is Truckle, which I can approve, which is why this account is new and looks suspicious. But I wish i had recorded gameplay at the time because then I would have proof, Plus the fact if anyone was recording and watching me, you could I dentify i was moving around and not focusing on the rocket constantly all the time, which i assume bots do as I have faced DB servers with training bots. If I did perfectly center the rocket, keep watching me, I think you might have had the Idea I was not using any sort of device or bot.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience and/or confusion.

Also, if I was using any device, I would imagine it would only change my name to Bot through Team Fortress 2, which seems logical, but if you take a look at my profile, it says I was also known as Bot, which concludes that I changed my name through steam and that I would be known as Bot for every game I played, this is also evidence that I didn't use any bot.

New I'm on a new PC and my old steam account is Truckle, which I can approve, which is why this account is new and looks suspicious. But I wish i had recorded gameplay at the time because then I would have proof, Plus the fact if anyone was recording and watching me, you could I dentify i was moving around and not focusing on the rocket constantly all the time, which i assume bots do as I have faced DB servers with training bots. If I did perfectly center the rocket, keep watching me, I think you might have had the Idea I was not using any sort of device or bot.

But why would you use a different steam account on said new PC? Also there is a lot of variety in cheats, locking onto the rocket constantly and following is merely one of the more obvious forms.

So, here's the demo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/peu2ujvhrmst3so/76561198361883532-2017-01-27_21-55-44.dem?dl=1

I apologize in advance that it's so long. Skip to 42500.

A couple points:
  • Your airblasts and flicks are horribly out of sync in some places, as if they weren't controlled by the same person (for ex. 72500)
  • Also your movement in several places is everything but coherent with what your mouse is doing.
  • At ticks 64000 and 68000 you do something noone who reflects directs does, you center the rocket on your crosshair.
  • When you reflect directs, the distance at which you reflect is extremely consistent and seems to be quite close to the border of the ft hitbox, factoring in ping.
Of course, your account added to those suspicions.

New Also, if I was using any device, I would imagine it would only change my name to Bot through Team Fortress 2, which seems logical, but if you take a look at my profile, it says I was also known as Bot, which concludes that I changed my name through steam and that I would be known as Bot for every game I played, this is also evidence that I didn't use any bot.

This here is merely evidence that you changed your name manually. Your name is not the issue here. You'll find I have "Bot" in my name too and I don't ban myself for hacking, do I? And neither does anybody else.

• Funny
Reactions: Cryptic
I have no clue what those numbers actually mean, but the direct thing you said, me hitting constantly and quite close to the border of the hitbox, It's because i'm not exactly the fastest of players to react, and it's evident when playing with me on other Dodgeball severs. And are you fully sure your looking at the correct player? My movement being everything but coherent to my mouse movements is me moving around and trying to focus on the rocket, where it's going, and also figuring out my next move, which i'm sure everybody does.
That long link doesn't work aswell, I click on and it says 'Untitled' then closes the link, unless this is an accidental error on your behalf, the link does not work therefore I cannot have used the demo. If there was a way to access all my files and all my deleted files I could send proof anyway.
I started a new steam account as the old Truckle account is my dads. If you wanted I could log onto it. I have had no trouble before with this kind of thing.
Anyway about centering the rocket, the rocket was direct you stated, so im sure centering the rocket with the crosshair was a good idea, and you need to line up the rocket with your crosshair anyway so you can hit the rocket. I'm sure that can't be a valid reason then.
And many, many people have different playstyles, If we were to meet up in a dodgeball server I could prove that i'm not using a demo, but since I have started dodgeball again after a few months my playstyle is bound to change constantly.

If a ban shorten is the only thing acceptable for now, then go ahead. But i'll remember to list 'Bot' as a blacklisted name.

Once again, sorry for any inconvenience and/or confusion.

The numbers are the frame numbers , and the link is working completely fine , i will review the demo now brb c:

I can't review the footage as I don't have a media player to do so, what's recommended?

I have no clue what those numbers actually mean, but the direct thing you said, me hitting constantly and quite close to the border of the hitbox, It's because i'm not exactly the fastest of players to react, and it's evident when playing with me on other Dodgeball severs. And are you fully sure your looking at the correct player? My movement being everything but coherent to my mouse movements is me moving around and trying to focus on the rocket, where it's going, and also figuring out my next move, which i'm sure everybody does.
That long link doesn't work aswell, I click on and it says 'Untitled' then closes the link, unless this is an accidental error on your behalf, the link does not work therefore I cannot have used the demo. If there was a way to access all my files and all my deleted files I could send proof anyway.
I started a new steam account as the old Truckle account is my dads. If you wanted I could log onto it. I have had no trouble before with this kind of thing.
Anyway about centering the rocket, the rocket was direct you stated, so im sure centering the rocket with the crosshair was a good idea, and you need to line up the rocket with your crosshair anyway so you can hit the rocket. I'm sure that can't be a valid reason then.
And many, many people have different playstyles, If we were to meet up in a dodgeball server I could prove that i'm not using a demo, but since I have started dodgeball again after a few months my playstyle is bound to change constantly.

If a ban shorten is the only thing acceptable for now, then go ahead. But i'll remember to list 'Bot' as a blacklisted name.

Once again, sorry for any inconvenience and/or confusion.
I(meant to say I wasn't using any bot or device

But why would you use a different steam account on said new PC? Also there is a lot of variety in cheats, locking onto the rocket constantly and following is merely one of the more obvious forms.

So, here's the demo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/peu2ujvhrmst3so/76561198361883532-2017-01-27_21-55-44.dem?dl=1

I apologize in advance that it's so long. Skip to 42500.

A couple points:
  • Your airblasts and flicks are horribly out of sync in some places, as if they weren't controlled by the same person (for ex. 72500)
  • Also your movement in several places is everything but coherent with what your mouse is doing.
  • At ticks 64000 and 68000 you do something noone who reflects directs does, you center the rocket on your crosshair.
  • When you reflect directs, the distance at which you reflect is extremely consistent and seems to be quite close to the border of the ft hitbox, factoring in ping.
Of course, your account added to those suspicions.

This here is merely evidence that you changed your name manually. Your name is not the issue here. You'll find I have "Bot" in my name too and I don't ban myself for hacking, do I? And neither does anybody else.
You know how you said my airblasts and flicks were out of place?
I couldn't decide if you needed to flick, then airblast, airblast then flick, or both at the same time, since i've only just got back into dodgeball.

New I can't review the footage as I don't have a media player to do so, what's recommended?

You don't need a media player. All you have to do is type
Code:
playdemo <path to file>
into the console.

It's a horrible idea and nobody does it.

It's still not about the name my dude. Anyway, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (unless anybody else has anything to comment).

Someone accept this please?

Extremely grateful, thank you ever so much.

For the last time, Sorry for any inconvenience and/or Confusion. I'll not make the mistake of trying to get reactions again.

Reactions: TBotV63
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread