Declined Gold's Admin Application #1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold

Donator
Before I start, I do wanna say that i have been 'toxic' lately, so i have cut that trait from myself entirely. Also since it is summer i will be inactive during the times of july 15 or 16 till early September late August

- Your name and/or nickname

Gold/Mr.Mister/ Jinx / what ever you want to call me ;)

- Your age

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)

Steam id: STEAM_0:0:92306651

- Your general online times and your timezone

10 am through 11 pm Eastern time zone

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I play on Jailbreak the most and would wish to apply there. I also do play around in deathrun a lot but not enough to know all of the rules but yeah i wouldnt mind going over to different servers in case of a report or a call

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

Yes i do have a mic

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I dont have any previous experience as an admin or moderator but i am more than willing to learn

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

No i dont have experience with administrating with SourceMod but i do some commands like /kick /gag /ban /mute ect.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

You should choose me to be apart of your team because i am very friendly with the regulars and i am very involved with the jailbreak community

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

Spam in chat/voice

1.Warn
2. Gag/Mute 360 minutes
3. Gag/Mute 720 minutes
4. Gag/Mute 4320 minutes
5. Gag/Mute 10080 minutes
6. Gag/Mute 43829 minutes
7. Perm Gag/Mute

Insulting
1.Warn
2. Gag/Mute 360 minutes
3. Gag/Mute 720 minutes
4. Gag/Mute 4320 minutes
7. Perm Gag/Mute

Racism
1.Warn
2. Gag/Mute 360 minutes
3. Gag/Mute 720 minutes
4. Gag/Mute 4320 minutes
7. Perm Gag/Mute

Ghosting
1.Warn
2. Gag/Mute 360 minutes
3. Gag/Mute 720 minutes
4. Gag/Mute 4320 minutes
7. Perm Gag/Mute

Hacking
1. Perm ban

Exploiting
1.Warn and followed by a slay
2. Ban 480 minutes
3. Ban 960 minutes
4. Ban 1920 minutes
5. Ban 3840 minutes
6. Ban 7680 minutes
7. Perm Ban

Inappropriate spray
1. Warning
2. Perm spray banned

Freekilling
1.Warn
2. Guard ban 180 minutes
3. Guard ban 360 minutes
4. Guard ban 720 minutes
5. Guard ban 5760 minutes
6. Guard ban 10080 minutes
7. Perm Guard ban

MFK (intentional)
1. Guard ban 10080 minutes + ban for 720 minutes
2. Guard ban 20160 minutes +ban for 720 minutes
3. Perm Guard ban

MFK ( on accident)
1. Guard ban 720 minutes
2. Guard ban 1440 minutes
3. Guard ban 10080 minutes
4. Perm Guard ban

Failround / Lr deny
1. Guard ban 360 minutes
2. Guard ban 720 minutes
3. Guard ban 1440 minutes
4. Guard ban for 2880 minutes
5. Perm Guard ban

Baiting
1. Warn followed up with a slay
2. Guard ban 180 minutes
3. Guard ban 360 minutes
4. Guard ban 720 minutes
5. Guard ban 5760 minutes
6. Guard ban 10080 minutes
7. Perm Guard ban

Comms : 5

Bans : 0

Gameme

Tagging all Jb admins
@Semicolon backslash
@PNN
@ZeroPC
@Justin | XplosiveAction

Last edited:
Alright so once again before I give any kind of +1 -1 I want to just talk a bit about the app.
1) The questions at the beginning feel answered a bit, rushed. Like, very short answers, not really so descriptive. To me that does not show much enthusiasm/eagerness. At this point i've realized that there isnt much to say when answering some of the questions (in terms of being unique) but things like the last one I think people can always try to find a way to answer a bit more thoroughly just to show how much you want to be a part of the community staff.

2) Youre general punishments look good though I am confused as to why you changed it up with Exploiting. The stacking is a lot smaller and the last punishment before perm is only 6 days, not even a week

3) Intentional MFK always results in a perm guardban, followed by a general ban the length of whatever you would consider to be your default ban stacking. So if the person had 2 bans and then MFKed I would perm teamban them and then ban for 4320 minutes (based on my own stacking).

4) I don't think you realized that when you are guard banned, you are banned for the time spent on the server NOT just time spent IRL. We realized this a while ago, so when you think about it, punishing people for 10080 (a month) is ridiculously long. A month of time spent alive is like, over a year for even regulars. So take some time to think about what you would consider to be a better guardban stacking knowing this.

5) Lastly, the toxic behavior. I have noticed that you have been a bit more aggressive lately and the fact that you said at the top that you know this is at least a good starting point to stopping. However, just saying "i've cut this trait out" is an empty promise, we need to see this, not hear this.

Just some points to think about, and for the other admins to see and take into consideration. I do think that you have the ability to help the jb team, but I do need to see how you behave.

1) The questions at the beginning feel answered a bit, rushed. Like, very short answers, not really so descriptive. To me that does not show much enthusiasm/eagerness. At this point i've realized that there isnt much to say when answering some of the questions (in terms of being unique) but things like the last one I think people can always try to find a way to answer a bit more thoroughly just to show how much you want to be a part of the community staff.

if i could change it i would change it to something like
'The reason why i should be admin is that i would like to punish people instead of reporting them on the forumms since reporting there takes ages for jailbreak and i would be very very very helpful in helping the team make decisions with the bans and what not'

2) Youre general punishments look good though I am confused as to why you changed it up with Exploiting. The stacking is a lot smaller and the last punishment before perm is only 6 days, not even a week

yeah my bad i didnt even realize what i did i mixed up exploiting with guard bans because i was panicking xd but here is how i will do it

Exploit
1.warn followed by a ban for 120 minutes
2.ban for 720 minutes
3.ban for 1440 minutes
4.ban for 10080 minutes
5.ban for 40320 minutes
6.perm ban

3) Intentional MFK always results in a perm guardban, followed by a general ban the length of whatever you would consider to be your default ban stacking. So if the person had 2 bans and then MFKed I would perm teamban them and then ban for 4320 minutes (based on my own stacking).

once again i panicked i am greatly sorry for this. If they mfked i would ofc perm team ban but the general bans would be for 720 minutes and then if they do again for 1440 minutes

4) I don't think you realized that when you are guard banned, you are banned for the time spent on the server NOT just time spent IRL. We realized this a while ago, so when you think about it, punishing people for 10080 (a month) is ridiculously long. A month of time spent alive is like, over a year for even regulars. So take some time to think about what you would consider to be a better guardban stacking knowing this.

here are the changes

Baiting / freekilling/ failround
1. Warn followed up with a slay
2. Guard ban 120 minutes
3. Guard ban 240 minutes
4. Guard ban 720 minutes
5. Guard ban 1440 minutes
6. Guard ban 2880 minutes
7. Perm Guard ban

5) Lastly, the toxic behavior. I have noticed that you have been a bit more aggressive lately and the fact that you said at the top that you know this is at least a good starting point to stopping. However, just saying "i've cut this trait out" is an empty promise, we need to see this, not hear this.

well you are right about empty promises but i can hold mine but if you still dont trust me then go on the server when i am on too see

if you have anymore questions feel free and ask them <3 and hopefully i responded correctly

Reactions: krown
@Dandy 1) this is really zoomed out again idk why 2) if this is to show some form of baiting first off it seems like the reds went out of his melee range and then walked back into it (the heavy) however assuming they were doing kitchen going across the counter would be baiting
But more importantly 3) make a separate report don’t just randomly msg a video on an application

• Dislike
Reactions: Ranger Ciri
Hello Gold,

Sorry for the delayed respons by me, but I have been in Spain. Not really sure about why the rest of the staff is slow, but that's not my problem.

You are a great and a funny guy who's active a lot. Safe to say that you know the rules and enforce them, aswell as teaching new players. Your sessions are good, chatlog clean etc. 5 comms, but that is okei as long as you don't fuck up anymore.

I will not look at the video that was posted here, it's not a report. I can't handle it anyways.

I think you are a good fit for the team, here take my +1

• Friendly
Reactions: krown and Gold
@ZeroPC
@Justin | XplosiveAction (tagged to see if you have anything to add from your first feedback)
@Semicolon backslash

By end of July I want your feedback.

Also the video, it looks like baiting.
I know you and I think what I want from you Gold is a solid identity. If you want to name change try not to do it so often as your SB admin name is set if you get accepted.
Also these weird bursts of removing people on steam. If accepted removing your mentor and other staff members makes it inconvenient for communication.
Overall my opinion/feedback...You're going to be a lot of work. Don't mind giving a chance, but I'm not exactly positive if you'll be able to handle it when put under extreme pressure. Also I worry due to your un-predictable reaction. But I could be pleasantly surprised if you do buckle down and turn out to be a good admin. Just wondering if jailbreak staff members want to give you that chance. It's a risk is all.

Good luck.

• Winner
Reactions: Gold and ZeroPC
Kind of would like to see some more improvement and since like madact said, you have had moments where you mass remove people you know, that doesn’t not really indicate to me that you have the most solid mentality, ergo, may not be able to handle situations while staying calm on the server.
However I think after the app goes under review (if it does), you will have time to improve on that.

You enforce the rules a lot and help to tell me when people are doing things and to come on and help, which I appreciate a lot, and you report people as well. I do think you could be on the team and do well, so +1 for me since the positives outweigh the negatives.

• Friendly
Reactions: Gold
Pros
Active
Been playin for over a yeat
Knows the rules
Chill most of the time
Enforces rules

Cons
Has some problems emotionally it seems (lots of name changes, mass unfriending just to get 0 friends etc.)
Can be nitpicky at times

Overall I give +1 just don’t have a midlife crisis again at age 15

Hello

Ill admit you are a very cool presence on the server, and somebody I think almost everyone knows and gets along with including me. But I dont think you should be an admin.

For starters, Just because you are a regular and well known by the admins and players, doesnt mean you should be excused from what is deemed as innapropraite behavior in panda.
capspam.PNG

capspam2.PNG

capspam3.PNG

capspam4.PNG

capspam1.PNG

capspam5.PNG

capspam6.PNG

These are just some of many example's of you spamming. Though it might be spaced out enough to be forgiven, is not the only thing that might be concerning. When you, at the same time warn players for spamming they in turn view your behavior and deem that appropriate, which is not the case. What I'm saying is you can be a bad influence for other players on the server, and that is definitely something that worries me.

I also find you sometimes being a bit immature in more obscure ways. For example when the report you made on dandy got declined, you in turn the next day forced wardend and did jeopardy every round inside of knife pit just to prove a point.

And here's another example that I can remember, A guard said that you were KOS for not being afk frozen, You in turn reacted this way
immaturity.PNG

I don't want to keep going on like a broken record, Im really just concerned with the thought of you as an admin. Sorry

Still, as a friend of mine. Ill wish you goodluck, I hope you prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Valen
I'm with Bambi, you are a really cool dude, but based on the way you act, I don't think you should be admin.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

You should choose me to be apart of your team because i am very friendly with the regulars and i am very involved with the jailbreak community

Just because you are friendly and involved doesn't mean you should have the power to ban people. People like Justin got the job because they cared about the server and the rules enough to apply, but you don't seem to have that ambition. The point of an admin is to enforce rules and regulate the server, and I just don't see you as somebody who even cares about doing things like that. When I was thinking about applying for admin, I realized that I only wanted to apply because I play so much, not because I wanted the responsibility of an admin, and I think you might be the same way. Once again, I still think you're a good presence on the server, but I think you should step back and look at it as a job rather than a upgrade to your status on the server and see if you still want it.

Reactions: Valen
With Zeropc off the jailbreak list, we have all the feedback we need. Any extra can be sent in PM to me / nighta / kevin.

Closing for under review.

Target has retracted their application.

Declined.

• Informative
  • Creative
Reactions: Doge Loaf and Gold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread