Declined Get Rebel status when healing Rebeller | JB (1 Viewer)

Add this onto Jailbreak?

• Lets not add this, I would like to keep non-freedays secret healers.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Lets add this, I would like to see guards be able to shoot freedays healing rebellers.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tres

I want to suggest this to thwart one of the ways that Freedays can exploit their free day.
This can also apply to non-freedays, as if they heal a rebeller, they will get rebel status.

NOTE: This goes off the latest update of the old TF2Jail repo. I also don't have much experience with the TF2Jail plugin and sourcemod, so there might be some errors in this.
File: TF2Jail.sp Link

PROS:
Be able to stop freedays from healing rebellers and not getting rebel status.
Mark people who healed freedays

CONS:
Medics might get rebel status when a prisoner decides to turn to a rebeller before they realize it.
Medics might not get rebel status if they keep a continuous stream of healing. (Since probably the event fires after someone is healed. And on the SourceMod Event Wiki, player_healed does not return how much time they were healed.)

Code:
C++:
HookEvent("player_healed", OnHeal);
This would be near //Hooked Events on line 468 of TF2Jail.sp
C++:
public void OnHeal(Handle hEvent, char[] sName, bool bBroadcast)
{
    int patient = GetClientOfUserId(GetEventInt(hEvent, "patient"));
    int healer = GetClientOfUserId(GetEventInt(hEvent, "healer"));

if(bIsRebel[patient])
    {
        if(bIsFreeday[healer])
        {
            RemoveFreeday(healer);
        }
        MarkRebel(healer);
    }
}
I would suggest to put this near OnPlayerSpawn function. (Around line 1507) on TF2Jail.sp. Though I don't think this would have any effect onto it.

Also, I had a talk with Semicolon on Discord and he said this is done automatically and in the script itself. Is there a possibility in migrating to TF2 Jail Redux? It does have missing features but I hope someone can copy and paste them in.
TF2 Jail Redux Repo

Poll closes in 7 days.

Redux? haha no.
This idea in my opinion? no.

Healing a rebeller will make you KOS if the guard sees it. This makes it so guards have to be more aware of Reds actions.
Now, imagine we made it so any Red medic heals a rebeller anywhere on the map. The Blu team now sees that the medic rebelled as well.
With this suggestion in play, all guards really have to do is move their eyes to the chat and see they rebelled.
Kinda unfair don't you think? Guards don't have to be aware in the aspect I said earlier about actually watching what the Reds do.

Wanna heal a rebeller for 2 seconds when there's no Blus around? Haha, no you can't.
Want to pocket the rebelling soldier to try and eliminate Blu? Haha, also no.

If a medic is healing a Red and that Red kills a Blu, the medic's name is now easily displayed to everyone on the server.
If a medic is seen healing a rebeller, glowing or not, that medic is KOS no matter what, unless pardoned cause they technically didn't "rebel."

Blus actually have to think if they should kill a medic that might've rebelled. With this suggestion, it ruins that whole interaction.
For that reason, I say don't add it. Thanks for suggesting, though!

About freedays, if they heal a rebeller, the guards can tell the warden to kill that freeday. If the warden is dead, then it gets more complex. Keep in mind, all freedays get removed on last guard.

I think this is pretty late but I want to bring some context.
I meant by TF2 Jail Redux plugin when I was talking to Semicolon.
I can't seem to edit the thread so I'll just reply this instead.

And 2nd point on Pro, I meant to say rebellers instead of freedays

Tampering the rules and plugins for something as small as this is really not needed. The server is currently functioning fine, it does not matter a good 60% of the rounds with freeday end with just the warden getting picked by a spy.

This is such a specific scenario I just don't think the JB community cares about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread