gathering ideas for some weapon changes. (1 Viewer)

UberMedicFully

Donator
Contributor
Hello,

I was asked almost a week ago If the Buffalo Steak could be changed (For Heavy Boxing purposes mainly.) , I said yes but I do like to gather some ideas from other's if they have a better idea than the one i want to use, originally i wanted to give the user some kind of damage resistance and giving other uses a 4 seconds of healing OR minicrits, however the range of that would be 300 HU can be decreased if too high but giving it a longer recharge so it cannot be spammed or abused.
I want it to be a support tool but also be tanky-ish to the user.

Since we have a Class limit on all classes now, i'm trying to find some fun ideas to give the classes.

theres a second idea i had in mind:
Fat Scout - The Family Business only
35% Fast firing speed, only secondary weapon removes primary reserved ammo, on Hit: +2 HP, +15% more speed movement on wearer, on Hit: speed bost for a second.
Here i will try to make it so that the Killing Gloves of Boxing and the Gloves of Running Urgently speed on wearer will be replaced so it doesnt get stacked up to oblivion with the buffed speed movement.

Anyway, feel free to post your weapon ideas in this thread, please explain what exactly you want to have changed.

Reactions: Spam Goose
WELL WELL WELL! I have much ideas for this (stuff I've helped test before as well!)
Scout:
Back scatter: increase amount of pellets ORRRR we could change it into alt fat scout?
Demoman:
Give caber charges/repair on ammo pack (so it can be used more often)
Heavy:
I like the family business idea, but why not make it better? less pellet spread/more pellets, more reserve for secondary ammo (maybe double the reserve?) and perhaps minicrits? also change the increased move speed on wearer to only when active (so the KBG and GRU dont stack)
steak sandwich: 20% damage reduction (remove increased damage taken) +100 health and make the effect last longer?
Warriors spirit/eviction notice: remove increase damage taken/lose hp per second, give both heal on hit (maybe 25/50 for warrior and 10/15 for eviction?)
Engineer:
Pompson 6000: increased damage, projectile speed and knockback
Sniper:
similar idea to fat heavy, maybe SMG sniper?
Cleaners carbine: -100% primary ammo, increased fire rate and ammo capacity (40?) increased reserve ammo. crickey gives crits instead of minicrits. 50% more accurate?
Spy:
Ambassador: Increased damage, 75% slower fire rate, increased headshot damage
just some suggestions (no exact numbers on everything due to wanting ideas on them as well) but I think making bad guns better is always good for this mode and having alternative playstyles like fat scout and smg sniper are very beneficial

WELL WELL WELL! I have much ideas for this (stuff I've helped test before as well!)
Scout:
Back scatter: increase amount of pellets ORRRR we could change it into alt fat scout?
Demoman:
Give caber charges/repair on ammo pack (so it can be used more often)
Heavy:
I like the family business idea, but why not make it better? less pellet spread/more pellets, more reserve for secondary ammo (maybe double the reserve?) and perhaps minicrits? also change the increased move speed on wearer to only when active (so the KBG and GRU dont stack)
steak sandwich: 20% damage reduction (remove increased damage taken) +100 health and make the effect last longer?
Warriors spirit/eviction notice: remove increase damage taken/lose hp per second, give both heal on hit (maybe 25/50 for warrior and 10/15 for eviction?)
Engineer:
Pompson 6000: increased damage, projectile speed and knockback
Sniper:
similar idea to fat heavy, maybe SMG sniper?
Cleaners carbine: -100% primary ammo, increased fire rate and ammo capacity (40?) increased reserve ammo. crickey gives crits instead of minicrits. 50% more accurate?
Spy:
Ambassador: Increased damage, 75% slower fire rate, increased headshot damage
just some suggestions (no exact numbers on everything due to wanting ideas on them as well) but I think making bad guns better is always good for this mode and having alternative playstyles like fat scout and smg sniper are very beneficial
I have buffed the Ambassador in as 5% more damage and 20% more damage on headshot, not looking to change it as it is right now.

Pompson has buffed firing and reload speed, so, more changes are not really necessary, it's good as it is right now x)

Caber has multiple uses but not in as picking ammo packs up, ill consider it If i havent found anything better or if someone hasnt given a better alternative idea, i wanted to buff its dmg though and it has 8 uses right now, MAYBE, increase the damage mid air instead? So its like a market gardener for demos but has limited uses.

I feel like the Steak is gonna be hella busted with your idea but if it has like around 35 sec recharge or way more, it could work perhaps

The Family Business ammo capacity increase can do but maybe not more accurate.

The Carbine could work.

I totally forgot about the attribute 'when the weapon is active', makes things much easier lol

I have buffed the Ambassador in as 5% more damage and 20% more damage on headshot, not looking to change it as it is right now.

Pompson has buffed firing and reload speed, so, more changes are not really necessary, it's good as it is right now x)

Caber has multiple uses but not in as picking ammo packs up, ill consider it If i havent found anything better or if someone hasnt given a better alternative idea, i wanted to buff its dmg though and it has 8 uses right now, MAYBE, increase the damage mid air instead? So its like a market gardener for demos but has limited uses.

I feel like the Steak is gonna be hella busted with your idea but if it has like around 35 sec recharge or way more, it could work perhaps

The Family Business ammo capacity increase can do but maybe not more accurate.

The Carbine could work.

I totally forgot about the attribute 'when the weapon is active', makes things much easier lol
oh I didn't realize you buffed the 3 mb (though i do like the market caber idea)

steak i actually think wont be busted, most bosses are going to be dealing 200+ a hit so it balances pretty well

yeah probably not the accuracy buff but I think minicrits would help it out (also might be possible to give double jump while active like atomizer)

carbine i definitely think would need testing, but I believe it would be nice to add

what about backscatter for you? I think increasing pellets is plenty but if you really wanted you could do a reverse fat scout? -100% secondary ammo, increased primary clip size (and ammo) faster fire rate, more pellets, -33% movement speed on wearer, -40% damage taken on wearer (40 might be too much) no double jump

oh I didn't realize you buffed the 3 mb (though i do like the market caber idea)

steak i actually think wont be busted, most bosses are going to be dealing 200+ a hit so it balances pretty well

yeah probably not the accuracy buff but I think minicrits would help it out (also might be possible to give double jump while active like atomizer)

carbine i definitely think would need testing, but I believe it would be nice to add

what about backscatter for you? I think increasing pellets is plenty but if you really wanted you could do a reverse fat scout? -100% secondary ammo, increased primary clip size (and ammo) faster fire rate, more pellets, -33% movement speed on wearer, -40% damage taken on wearer (40 might be too much) no double jump
Sounds like a cool idea for a reversed fat scout, yea it can work, perhaps adjust some values instead of as you suggested, maybe -120% secondary ammo, 20% more fire rate and -25% less movement speed on wearer and -25% damage taken on wearer, perhaps less knockback from taken damage? Heavy takes less knockback in general so i guess it could be added aswell.

• Agree
Sounds like a cool idea for a reversed fat scout, yea it can work, perhaps adjust some values instead of as you suggested, maybe -120% secondary ammo, 20% more fire rate and -25% less movement speed on wearer and -25% damage taken on wearer, perhaps less knockback from taken damage? Heavy takes less knockback in general so i guess it could be added aswell.
that sounds good, what did you think about the warriors spirit and eviction notice ideas? also maybe something for the reserve shooter? (because its pretty useless)

edit: maybe enough damage reduction for scout so it can live one of those 200 damage hits like heavy can?

that sounds good, what did you think about the warriors spirit and eviction notice ideas? also maybe something for the reserve shooter? (because its pretty useless)
The Reserve Shooter is kinda good, if mid air it should deal crit or minicrit damage as far i know, but maybe increase its dmg if the victim is mid air?

I dont think the Eviction Notice needs a change, it already has it own stats right now.
Warriors Spirit is kind of useless right now not even sure if it has its own stats too. I'll see

Actually, MAYBE, if a Soldier as an Example has successfully shot the Hale into the air and hit the Hale with the Reserve Shooter its fire rate gets increased?

• Agree
Actually, MAYBE, if a Soldier as an Example has successfully shot the Hale into the air and hit the Hale with the Reserve Shooter its fire rate gets increased?
yeah! maybe fire rate and crits for a short period? make it worth using over mantreads/gunboats in certain scenarios
Warriors Spirit is kind of useless right now not even sure if it has its own stats too. I'll see
the 30% increased damage taken just destroys any viability

the 30% increased damage taken just destroys any viability
I could perhaps make a Rabid Heavy reference If you havent seen the Animation, I could try to make it a tanky ass melee but with a kind of low firing speed but buffed damage perhaps aswell

• Winner
I could perhaps make a Rabid Heavy reference If you havent seen the Animation, I could try to make it a tanky ass melee but with a kind of low firing speed but buffed damage perhaps aswell
i havent seen the animation BUT I LOVE THE IDEA!

Since thinking about the Reference, i can try to give it a Meter charge like in MvM the Rage thing, IF i can manage to do that, increase knockback on melee for like 3 seconds but it would like require some work around and lots of coding if im not wrong or if the Attribute could work im not really sure.

EDIT: You'll need to play Aggressive in order to perform well, thinking about to make it Stun the hale aswell if they're midair for 0.5 seconds so you can combo it with the Anger meter cause of the Knockback of ur melee

any other weapons do you think that need some sort of buff to be used? if not, I think these ideas are a good start and would be nice to see them be tested

any other weapons do you think that need some sort of buff to be used? if not, I think these ideas are a good start and would be nice to see them be tested
Mmm, perhaps the Enforcer for Spy, I'd like to see it act like a Magnum if you get me.

care to elaborate? I was thinking also it could be like a .410 revolver (aka shotgun revolver)

Users who are viewing this thread