Declined Gameplay suggestions for dodgeball (1 Viewer)

What features would you like?

• None

• Rockets phase through you

• Indestructible nukes

• !voteffa

• Juggernaut

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Je Hooft

So I know Tolfx made some suggestions about DB too but those are mostly rule related ones. My suggestions are going to be a bit more controversial and core game related though.
I know many of these suggestions - if accepted - will require plugins to work. I don't know any of these plugins other than that I've seen some of them in other servers, so keep that in mind. If you have a link to any of these plugins, feel free to reply to this post.

Let's start off with some things that I haven't seen before in dodgeball:

- Rockets that aren't yours should phase right through you. Don't you hate getting sniped by a rocket that isn't yours? Or your rocket exploding on an enemy who is blocking you? Of course you do! Especially on small maps, there's quickly moments where you have to stand in front of someone in order to have enough space to orbit a rocket. Why not just make the rocket phase right through anyone who isn't destined to blast it? It would also solve the stealing excuse "I had to blast the rocket cause if I hadn't it would've hit me" which can be a hindrance for admins to decide whether to punish the culprit or not.

- Nukes should be indestructible. I don't really know why, but currently nukes explode (like normal rockets) when hitting any surface. This makes it really easy to just completely circumvent the entire nuke feature by constantly spiking the nuke into the ground. This happens so often that the nuke might as well be removed, but in my opinion this feature is fun and I wouldn't want it deleted.

And here's some things that I've seen in other servers and I think would be fun to have on Panda. Of course, these suggestions are probably going to be controversial as not everyone likes them, but this can be solved by putting the features on DB #2 only, so that everyone has a choice.

- Add the !voteffa feature. This feature would allow people to vote to make the game a free for all, where you can blast the rocket to any person you want with the game typically ending with a last one standing. The more people there are on the server, the more votes are needed to enable FFA.

- Add a juggernaut feature. Basically having one person every round with a high amount of health against everyone else on the server. Probably to be implemented in the same way as the FFA server (so by vote). Juggernauts are randomly chosen by the server, but you can choose to disable becoming the juggernaut if you don't want to.

That's basically it. This is my view of what would make our dodgeball servers better, but of course this is subjective. So there's no problem in disagreeing (but also not with agreeing!)

Rockets that aren't yours should phase right through you.
I understand what you mean and why, but I don't see this as the best thing ever. But sniping is a thing sadly. And I think it would ruin the gameplay a bit maybe. Maybe there should be a vote for it instead so players can decide if they want it on or not.

Add the !voteffa feature.
Fun thing. But what about the steals? Can the other team steal yours rocket then..? Would like to know a bit more about this tbh.

Add a juggernaut feature.
This idea i like :^). I've seen ppl asking about this and even myself. Tho I can also see some problems. Should scoring be enable when this is on? If 24 players are on and this gamemode is one the 23 players can just block the juggernaut and win easily. Is a fun thing to add but need some thinking.

These alternate gamemodes will probably not have scoring enabled for them if they are voted for, but to be honest I couldn't care less about score and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

As for the !voteffa feature, in the version I played I'm pretty sure you can steal everyone's rocket, even when you just airblasted it lol. The rocket stays purple and so it can be blasted by both teams at all times. Chaos, I know, but frankly it does sound fun to mess with that. In the end that is what community servers are meant for: just having fun. And as I already explained if you would have a problem with that, you could just vote to disable ffa again or just go on the server without the plugin.

As for the juggernaut thing, blocking is against the rules and should be reported. That means if anyone does it they'll not do it again the next time as long as we have active admins. Though, dodgeball servers rarely reach more than 15 players at a time and 20 is the max so I think it won't be a very major problem.

I'm pretty sure you can steal everyone's rocket
Seems a bit bad, but I can understand why you can steal everyones.

I would like to see this come to live and maybe try it out? Cause I've got no clue how it will be in the game. It maybe will be chaos and nobody will like it, or reverse. I would rather let juggernaut get accepted and tried and others not. FFA seems a bit chaos and will maybe ruin the game. Ofc it can be a good try and let the players decide if they want it or not. Cause many of the dodgeball players don't have accounts here on forums.

Tho we just have to wait until a full admin can accept this and let Kevin add it so let's hope for the best of luck.

Not sure how you expect each one to pass? Past a certain threshold of votes? I don't think that'll pan out rather well.

Errr I remember juggernaut it got tested but something kept messing up so it was scrapped.
Any pluggin links to any of the others? And we'll sort out something from there with proper voting.

Since no response I may as well close this.

Advice on this. Make it 1 suggestion per thread, preferable not at the same time. The content must include links to any pluggins required. If it's content you want to be produced, we need to find someone to sort it out.

Also make sure it's not all ready suggested., you can do this by searching the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread