Status
Not open for further replies.

Mole/Salty

Name of your Banned Steam Account: Salty hits 30K
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:101534659
Date and Time of the Ban: 02-17-19 03:47
Reason about the Ban: Overtalking
Admin that Banned you: Bambi
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: no warnings received. 10080 minute mute? unacceptable. maybe mute me for 120 minutes but 10080? that's too much for just overtalking. I want to receive my unmuted because this was simply an overkill of a mute on the JB NY server. Completely over the line and unfair

Id like to point out that you should know we have a way of stacking punishments. it doesnt matter what the offense is. you could do something as big as an ear-rape racist micspam for your first punishment and be muted for only 720 minutes, but do something as small as overtalk the warden in JB and have that be your 6th and permanent mute.

You actually have 6 including this recent punishments so, it seems like @Bambi gave you another chance before perm. He'll have to share his thoughts on the matter at some point. I just wanted to make note of how the punishments work. Also TBH, your reason for why you want an unmute seems rather thoughtless and rash, but thats just me.

Hey

Been told now that I must comment on appeals that involve me, which I'm not a fan of. Hopefully you can bare with me here.

I gave a warning to everyone a couple times over text and mic chat about over talking. I didn't want to mute you but I must be impartial, nobody gets a free pass just for being a regular on the server. if some completely random person came on and did the same thing you did then everyone would be begging me to mute them. I apologize If I may seem a bit strict or unfair here, I try my best to create a friendly and fun environment for everyone on the server and sometimes I do get carried away and distracted. Hopefully that's something you can forgive me for in the future. But I must say I'm not in favor of unmuting you here, sorry.

• Friendly
Reactions: Waxel
It's a they said this they said that situation.
Salty states bambi didn't give warnings, but bambi said he did give a decent amount of warnings.
In these times the appeals favors the admin if no evidence is shown. Anybody got videos for me? Any demos? So we can looks at this situation and see what actually happened.
Where the warnings spaced out or close together? @Bambi out of curiosity. Can PM for answer.

Anyways yeah I'll leave this open. Try not to get into an argument over this.

Edit: Oh yeah gags and mutes can be separate. There is no underlining rule for them to be the same, just like how some admins perm mute over bad microphones. I won't do it, but others will. That's all right lmao. Maybe there should be a guideline but panda has always been loose.

Bambi warning.PNG

Here are the warnings, which was given a minute before the mute got placed. This is taken from Bambi's chatlog.

With the evidence given above of Bambi's warning I'm pretty much convinced everything was done correctly.
Salty didn't deny his actions so I'm assuming the overtaking went overboard after bambi's warning because attention wasn't paid to warden's orders. We have the rule to make sure rounds can get on with normal speed, plus it's just generally out of respect to not over talk the Warden. Sure it's difficult and we all do it from time to time, but you have to realize when you're doing it and how much of a inconvenience it is to everyone else. Stopping mid conversation is ok ::):

As for the time on the punishment, Bambi is being generous. Considering your previous communication blocks he's decided to split the mutes and gags. There's no altering the time needed as it's correctly placed.

So yeah that's that. Declined and closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread