Accepted Fredos Admin Application for #18 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredo

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
> Your name and/or nickname
Fredo, or sometimes just known as Fred

> Your age
[REMOVED]

> Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is
makes you seem unprofessional)

Steam ID32: STEAM_0:0:120914580

> Your general online times and your timezone
During the week im online from 7 pm to 12 pm. On weekends basically the whole day. My tiemzone is GMT+2

> Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I usually play on #18 mario kart and rarely on #13 ff2. So im mainly appyling for #18 mario kart, because i play there almost every day and the ff2 server currently doesnt need admins. I would visit almost every server (except jailbreak and dogeball servers because im not familiar with the rules) in case of an emergency.

> Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)
Yes, i do have a mic, but i prefer using the chat.

> Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
No, i dont have any previous admin/mod experience

> Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
No, i dont have much experience with SourceMod, but i know some basic commands.

> Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I have been playing now for a while on the mario kart server and noticed there are only two admins who handle the calls for the server. That alone isnt a problem, but it sometimes happens that both of them are not online. Another problem is that no one of them is actively playing on mario kart. This isnt a personal attack and i can totally understand that they just have more fun on other servers or prefer playing casual or whatever, i just want to point out that its really usefull to have an admin who actually plays on this server, because this prevents some people to stop f.e. trahtalking or exploiting in the first place. Also im familiar with the rules and i believe
that im very fair and i give most people a second chance if they changed their behaviour and learned from their punishment.

> Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

- For spam, insulting, or adversiting i would start with a warning followed by a gag or mute, if they contiue ill increase the lenght
of the gag/mute. I try to follow something like this: warning - 2 hrs - 8 hrs - 24 hrs - 72 hrs - 1 week - perm
- Any offensive player name/weapon names and desciptions will be punished as followed: warning/asking to change it - 2 hrs - 8 hrs - 24 hrs - 72 hrs - 1 week - perm
(Side note: For offensive weapon names/descriptions on #18 mario kart, i may give a second warning, because due to the instant respawn, there are not many opportunitys to see them. The only way is to inspect a teammate and look at the exact weapon and this case isnt happening that often.)
- Exploiting/Bug abusing will start with a warning, followed by a ban. The ban lenght will also be 2 hrs - 8 hrs - 24 hrs - 72 hrs - 1 week - perm
- Using any kind of cheating software will result in a immediate, permanent ban. (However, in my trial i will record demos for my mentor, and if the cheat is hard to see,
like a silentaim or a triggerbot/ or im just not sure if the player is actually cheating or not, i will ask my mentor to check the demo and give me green light for the ban.)
- For speaking a foreign language i may give a second warning, depending on the situation. F. e. if there are only two players on the server who are both from the same
country and talking to each other in their language, or if a player just say once single word in another language.
After the warning(s) i follow 2 hrs- 8 hrs- 24 hrs- 72 hrs- 1 week - perm

GameMe
Bans
Comms

Im sorry for any grammar mistakes/typos.

Thanks for reading. Have a good day/night.

Tagging only listed Mario kart admin

@Zeprus

• Winner
Reactions: Chae
Yeah, i messed up the link. Its not my GameMe, its my chatlog. Sorry.

THIS is my GameMe

Thanks for the tags. I'm sure I would've missed this thread..

I'm glad to see someone applying for Mario Kart and you're correct saying an active admin would be nice to have. I believe you could be suitable as talks with you have been rather pleasant and I've noticed genuine interest in the server. The only major issue I have is your attitude towards other players.
You're trashtalking a lot, whether it being directly or indirectly it's just not necessary. Then there's also stories I heard of things you said in private to others that were rather unpleasant from a character standpoint. And other minor things like asking people to hold the spawndoor open which isn't allowed. But all in all if you manage to improve on your attitude I'm inclined to give you a +1.

Reactions: Fredo
In my defense, many things in the chatlog are out of context. F. e. ''stays in spawn for 10min lmao'' I wrote that in the teamchat to point out the fact, that this guy has not left the spawn for a long period of time, rather than making fun of it. Or some ''insults'' are towarded to close friend/people of my clan, and we know each other really well, and play very often together so its obvious that the thing i say to them are not serious. But i undertand, that you can only look at my chatlog and judge, based on the things you see in there. And you are still right that some things are just not necessary at all, like some things in the chat or killing a afk guy a few times for fun, while someone holds the door open.
In the next time i try my hardest to stop these things completly and get your sweet +1
Thanks for da feedback.

I just wanted to let you know that you haven't been forgotten about, I'd still like to watch a little longer before giving my final verdict. It's not easy with Mario Kart being barely populated. I hope you understand. :)

Sorry about this taking forever. I believe you've improved enough to be worth giving a chance to. There's still some minor things that I think can improve but we can talk about that if you get accepted.

+1

• In Love
Reactions: Madact and Fredo
accepted, welcome in the team.
your mentor during your trial phase will be @Zeprus.

• Happy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread