Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Do not add Exploit

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyGirl

I am posting this thread because when I became admin, I ran into some issues that I was not expecting. One of these issues are the so called "unspoken rules" for FF2. Unfortunately, these rules are not posted anywhere yet I still "have" to enforce them apparently. However, quite a few people feel as though it is a little unfair that they are getting punished for rules that aren't even established. Some people even believe I am just making some of these rules up. In conclusion, it's about time we try to clear things up and actually establish these rules.
Of course, some of these rules are situational and a bit unclear. Also, a majority of people may think a rule is kind of silly. So, I am going to bring up a couple of these "unspoken rules." Feel free to comment on this any additional rules that might have been left out or any disagreements you may have about a certain rule. Make sure you have something to back up your opinion, I don't want to see any kind of "That rule is dumb. We shouldn't make that a rule." But you can do "I disagree with that rule because...."
I'm mostly hoping that the rules posted in this thread will eventually be added. After reading this, please try to spread the word to other ff2 players on the server so that this thread can gain support and the rules will be updated. Anyways, onto the rules:

Camping:

As a player, whether or not you are the boss, you cannot camp. There are some exceptions to this rule. Below is a list of situations is which camping is acceptable:
  • If you are a pyro with the phlogistinator, or you wish to help protect an engineer with a different weapon.
    This is acceptable because a pyro with a phlog may need to be in a more narrow area to be effective. The other situation may be acceptable because the pyro could help buy the engineer more time to do more damage or set up the buildings.
  • If you are a demoman with a sticky trap prepared.
    This is acceptable because demomen need to keep an eye on their sticky traps for when the boss gets near it and to bait them into it.
  • If you are a heavy.
    This is acceptable because heavies move slowly. They can also do a lot of damage if they are in the right spot.
  • If you are an engineer. You have to at least set up a sentry.
    This is acceptable because engineer can't exactly move their nests easily and generally have to stay by their sentry.
  • If you are a medic.
    This is acceptable because medics aren't too great at fighting the boss and instead have to pocket other people. Sometimes they pocket an engineer to help protect them or a heavy.
  • If you are a sniper.
    This is acceptable because snipers generally have to stay at a high point in order to shoot at the boss. They also can't do very much damage if they chase the boss around.
  • There are some situations in which you are allowed to remain in a certain area of a map because you would not do very well in a different part of the map.
    For example, on the map Barn Night Final, a soldier (or scout or spy, etc) may not do well going underground. They would struggle to get away and won't be able to do much damage. The soldier may choose to stay above ground and wait for the boss to come back up to the surface. Or if you are a scout and instead of choosing to chase a boss into a building where there would be more obstacles, a scout may choose to remain in a more wide open area where you could maneuver properly and run away if need be.
If you are camping in these situations but you are not doing damage when the boss is around or even trying to do damage, then you will no longer be protected from the rule and you can be punished. If an admin deems you useless in your spot, then you can also be punished. The main point of adding this rule is so we do not have people taking up a scout slot, or engineer slot, and they are being completely useless.

Exploiting:

Now I am not entirely sure how people do this exploit, I think they use the voodoo thing, but when people do it as a boss, it makes them look like they are a RED version of the boss. I think that this shouldn't be allowed and counts as an exploit. It tricks a lot of people and gives them an unfair advantage.

This is all I can think of right now because it's getting later in the night and I'm getting tired. If you have anything to add on to this, please say so. If you disagree with a rule, say why. Or just vote!

Reactions: Geronimo and Lighty
Yeah, people get like all "They aren't in the rules!" or something. This needs to be added to the FF2/VSH rules.

Both of these are already rules... Exploiting is always forbidden regardless of server. Friendlying is also forbidden: saying that 'camping is forbidden except these 20 exceptions' would just cause unnecessary confusion. As it stands the rule is "play as actively as is expected of your class" and already captures everything you said here.

I have trouble understanding why anyone would want to add more text to rules that are already in place, or even create duplicates of rules that are already there. If people complain youre making them up then that's entirely their problem. And if people see the rule about 'no teaming, actively do damage' and seriously cannot tell what that means for the class theyre playing, then I strongly doubt they have the mental ability to look those specific rules up to begin with. For the few that ask you can always just say "Engie can camp, Scout cannot". No need to complicate the thread.

Reds are allowed to camp who said they couldn't ?
If there camping and not doing there dmg = wasting time = not allowed = can be punished.
As a admin you can see when people are wasting time and camping.
Server rules goes before your own gameplay.
When i see someone camping or wasting time i will gladly kill myself to see it for myself.
No need to more rules frustating then it is.

@Zeprus @Zushikikato Wolfeh @Monster @Toni Pepperoni @iceviet

I appreciate the support, but the poll is still far in the lead for the yes camp. Only one person besides me has voted no (might have been one of you).

Honestly, I don't think they need to be added. The admins should know the "unspoken" rules before they apply for admin anyway, not learn it after they get it. Most people who play on the servers don't read the rules, so the admin will just have to tell them anyway.

I don't think it's necessary to add them, but that's just my opinion if it counts for anything.

Reactions: fanthom
Honestly, I don't think they need to be added. The admins should know the "unspoken" rules before they apply for admin anyway, not learn it after they get it. Most people who play on the servers don't read the rules, so the admin will just have to tell them anyway.

I don't think it's necessary to add them, but that's just my opinion if it counts for anything.
Usually they don't, but when they do they will say, "Well that isn't in the rules!" or something. Then someone gives them a whole speech about 'unspoken rules'.
I'm not an admin (well at least I'm not one right now), so I can't simply gag them for arguing/talking back. I'm fine with them not being added, it'll just cause confusion as Evo said.

Anyways the rules can be interpreted in different ways, and they seem vague to me.

• Funny
Reactions: EvoWarrior5 and Bab
Both of these are already rules... Exploiting is always forbidden regardless of server. Friendlying is also forbidden: saying that 'camping is forbidden except these 20 exceptions' would just cause unnecessary confusion. As it stands the rule is "play as actively as is expected of your class" and already captures everything you said here.

I have trouble understanding why anyone would want to add more text to rules that are already in place, or even create duplicates of rules that are already there. If people complain youre making them up then that's entirely their problem. And if people see the rule about 'no teaming, actively do damage' and seriously cannot tell what that means for the class theyre playing, then I strongly doubt they have the mental ability to look those specific rules up to begin with. For the few that ask you can always just say "Engie can camp, Scout cannot". No need to complicate the thread.

Evo said it all. Its common sense. People can complain or say whatever but its pretty straight and its up to the mentor to make sure the trials to know how to act if they are unsure. No question is bad or weird. The mentors are there to guide the trials in the gray zones

Now I've haven't been to the server in some time, but for the no exploiting. Can you please tag onto that No trying to get teleport bosses Stuck.
I do know it was a thing that did happen a bit. Where players(often times the last player) would Stand, or go to places that if teleported to by a boss would get them stuck in a ceiling, and they would be unable to attack, but can be damaged.

No idea if it still happens now, but you know better safe then sorry.

Ahh About the Curse voodoo soul, that a glitch with the models. You have to Somehow ban all curse voodoo souls cosmetics, that or turn off Halloween, which would suck because there a lot of okay Halloween cosmetics.

I repeat the very same question to you that I asked the OP: why add a rule that's already there? If people are THAT dumb so as to think it's okay to purposefully get someone stuck, explicitly slapping it onto an existing rule won't do a thing.

Better to have 1 page of rules that already captures everything (with some specifications where necessary) than have 3 pages with "BY THE WAY DID YOU KNOW THIS COUNTS AS THIS RULE EVEN THOUGH THAT'S OBVIOUS?"

I repeat the very same question to you that I asked the OP: why add a rule that's already there? If people are THAT dumb so as to think it's okay to purposefully get someone stuck, explicitly slapping it onto an existing rule won't do a thing.

Better to have 1 page of rules that already captures everything (with some specifications where necessary) than have 3 pages with "BY THE WAY DID YOU KNOW THIS COUNTS AS THIS RULE EVEN THOUGH THAT'S OBVIOUS?"

Not everything is obvious if that is the case we wouldn't need this thread, yet we are here.

It happened more then enough times that I have to bring it up, that goes to show it's some how not that obvious to everyone it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread