Completed Freak Fortress 2 | Removal of Roll the Dice [Poll] (1 Viewer)

Should the "Roll the Dice" plug-in be removed from Freak Fortress 2 on Panda?

• Keep RTD as it is.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Remove Insta-kill.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Remove Toxic.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remove both Insta-kill and Toxic

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf

Hello Panda's.

I know I've made threads about this matter before but never a poll, hopefully something wil happen if we make this into a poll.
I want to remove a server side plugin called RTD for Freak Fortress 2, you maybe have seen it around when playing on FF2 but let me explain the basics of it real quick.

Roll the Dice or "RTD" for short is a plugin a player can type out to get a random effect.
To name a few: Being frozen, explode, lucky sandvich, Insta-Kills, Godmode etc.
This plugin is a "goffy-fun" plugin for things such as trade servers to make things new and interesting but when it comes to a gamemode where 1 man needs to fight a whole team things can go downhill pretty fast.

The worst of them all what can happen with this Plugin is Insta-Kills or Toxic, which grands the player massive damage to kill the Boss right away.
The boss being a player who has been playing for 2 hours waiting to become a boss might not enjoy this function very much, and many people can see this as a cheap blow.
But what makes this "plugin" even more unfair is that Donators and Admins have better chances in rolling better rolls on RTD making it more common for them to get overpowered rolls like the Toxic and Insta-Kills. (and less chance to explode etc)

I've seen players refering to this before calling it a PayToWin function for our server and that's not the kind of reputation I would like to see Panda heading to.

--

So it came all to his Poll, make sure to vote and Comment below to share your thoughds on this.
Do we need a Donator perk replacement? Do you think it should stay for reasons? Just let us know!

Reactions: Baka
Agreed, atleast if not removing the whole rtd, throw insta-kills and toxic away. Even I, who uses rtd alot is saying because its become a habit to me already so its hard to just be not to using it. Very typical ff2 game goes : Both parties spawn, one of the reds gets toxic, goes near to hale, and takes 2/3 of his health. Like 1/10 games go like this. Or just simple nerfs, like decreasing the time to 5 secs would work too

Wouldve made this thread earlier but Im lazy af

Last edited:
I think you should make the rtd roll chance fair for everyone. but i hope the donor perk is more like a thank you for the server support to get some small extra perks as the reward for helping the server not a i get donor so i can get better things then other players.
But rtd is there for a long time now like almost 3 years i don't see alot of players complain about it. Like why do you want to remove it now ? i think is just luck for someone that is like raged by hale or last person that fight hale to use rtd for the luck it can be 50/50 on that, I think it should stay for it in my opinion.

I think you should make the rtd roll chance fair for everyone. but i hope the donor perk is more like a thank you for the server support to get some small extra perks as the reward for helping the server not a i get donor so i can get better things then other players.
But rtd is there for a long time now like almost 3 years i don't see alot of players complain about it. Like why do you want to remove it now ? i think is just luck for someone that is like raged by hale or last person that fight hale to use rtd for the luck it can be 50/50 on that, I think it should stay for it in my opinion.

Hmm, so far I know Donators will get the option to change their name colour and text.
They also get a fancy hat on their building and the option to go over the Character limit of certain classes.
Do you think this is too little if RTD is removed, just a question since I want to know people's opinion about this.

Can I ask you why you like the RTD option?
What does it add to the gamemode for you?
Is the gamemode without this Plug-in boring or lacking ways to fight the boss in your opinion?

I like the rtd option because i don't always have to tryhard to get dmg when i get a nice rtd spell i can just go to him and deal dmg with insta kill or toxic. Is just fun sometimes for people that are not donor or admin that the chance is small to get something great. it should be like that, What add it to the gamemode that i don't have to tryhard to get dmg all the time sometime i can just rtd and get my dmg. if you remove rtd you will just remove the luck of some off the people. Not everyone is good at something that takes skill to beat a hale. they need a chance to get some dmg, to get in the top tier list in 1 round. They should reduce the big chance of a donor or admin having a good rtd.

I like the rtd option because i don't always have to tryhard to get dmg when i get a nice rtd spell i can just go to him and deal dmg with insta kill or toxic. Is just fun sometimes for people that are not donor or admin that the chance is small to get something great. it should be like that, What add it to the gamemode that i don't have to tryhard to get dmg all the time sometime i can just rtd and get my dmg. if you remove rtd you will just remove the luck of some off the people. Not everyone is good at something that takes skill to beat a hale. they need a chance to get some dmg, to get in the top tier list in 1 round. They should reduce the big chance of a donor or admin having a good rtd.

But the good players can use the RTD as well and with their "tryhard skills" it's even more powerfull.
I don't know how many time you pic a Boss yourself but would you like your turn to be over right away because of a random chance of "insta-kills"?

If you seek variation to the gamemode or a wacky way to do some damage but not willing to "tryhard" that much we can try to add something balanced to the gamemode.
There are Plug-ins out there who add Spells from Scream Fortress from time to time, those are balanced and made by Valve themself.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2054679
This is one of them, there are more Plug-ins like this one.
I just think myself that the old RTD plug-in is a bit unfair and unbalanced for this gamemode.

Yeah i know how it feels to get shoot by a insta-kill or getting nearby a player that is toxic. But you can avoid by jumping away/teleporting or even rage as a hale to get away something you think ok better luck next time. You can learn of those mistake or even inprove. I think only donor and admin are lucky with the rtd because i saw i guy using rtd for the last 5 round his result where 4 explode and 1 frozen. Is bad but yeah your not always lucky on rtd. I Think the spell thing that valve make is okay to. But i still think they should make the good rtd chance fair for everyone not only for admin and donor.

• Disagree
Reactions: Uncodex
i find it funny to roll godmode when you are being soloraged.

• Funny
Reactions: Waxel
i dont see any kind of reason why after 4 years of runtime it should be all out of sudden be removed.

Because it's maybe a bit unfair on how it's implimented right now?
And it's 4 year old, that doesn't mean it can be improved right?
But this is a Poll/thread we will see what the players think of it.

I don't see any reason to remove rtd. Sometimes, yes, people get insta-kill and such from it and deal massive damage to the hale, but that's the fun of rtd. Random chances so you're either fucked or not. If you're hale and are insta-killed, big deal wait until your next turn and try again, it adds to the suspense and gives people more motivation to try harder and avoid those types of things, no matter the skill level. I'm surprised this was brought up in the first place considering I haven't seen ANYONE complain about or are bothered by rtd. I doubt anybody in the playerbase is bothered so removing this function would most likely cause unrest and disappointment. We might even LOSE playerbase as some people might just leave the gamemode here to go on another server with the rtd function enabled because we lack variety and look too "plain". This is supposed to be a fun silly game. With wacky chances on abilities it just adds to the silliness. Going all competitive about it trying to keep it 100% "fair" is not what TF2 is about. Just look at the disastrous system Valve put in for a more "competitive" scene. If this is such a concern why hasn't ANYBODY, admin or standard member, brought up removing it and/or complaining about it in the last 4 years? (With the exception of Lieva, because he was too "lazy" :p)

I don't see any reason to remove rtd. Sometimes, yes, people get insta-kill and such from it and deal massive damage to the hale, but that's the fun of rtd. Random chances so you're either fucked or not. If you're hale and are insta-killed, big deal wait until your next turn and try again, it adds to the suspense and gives people more motivation to try harder and avoid those types of things, no matter the skill level. I'm surprised this was brought up in the first place considering I haven't seen ANYONE complain about or are bothered by rtd. I doubt anybody in the playerbase is bothered so removing this function would most likely cause unrest and disappointment. We might even LOSE playerbase as some people might just leave the gamemode here to go on another server with the rtd function enabled because we lack variety and look too "plain". This is supposed to be a fun silly game. With wacky chances on abilities it just adds to the silliness. Going all competitive about it trying to keep it 100% "fair" is not what TF2 is about. Just look at the disastrous system Valve put in for a more "competitive" scene. If this is such a concern why hasn't ANYBODY, admin or standard member, brought up removing it and/or complaining about it in the last 4 years? (With the exception of Lieva, because he was too "lazy" :p)

I have seen people complain about it before, but that's not really the point.
This Poll is made to see what people's opinion is about RTD' and it seems like people have diffrent opinions then yours and there are people who don't like the RTD how it is implemented how it is now. (or else there wouldn't be votes against it)

I know what you mean with variation, I like to spice things up myself.
But I don't think Insta Kills or Toxic are good ones to have in this gamemode since it's all about the Boss.
That is why I suggested to replace it with a other Plug-in if people want to spice things up.

Also, It's not fair that Donators and Admins have better roles I would like to see everybody having the same chances.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncodex and iceviet
I have always like RTD, it give the impending chance to see how lucky you get. There have been times where i have received insta-kills and killed the boss in like 5 seconds but other times i roll explode and just laugh at the fact that i got unlucky, and then turn around to see a sniper laughing at my giblets. All in all, i just think it's just a gamble for players who are risky enough to try and test their luck which adds to the suspense of the game.

I have always like RTD, it give the impending chance to see how lucky you get.
Yeah, after your luck got increased why even complaining about it?

There have been times where i have received insta-kills and killed the boss in like 5 seconds but other times i roll explode and just laugh at the fact that i got unlucky, and then turn around to see a sniper laughing at my giblets.

Let me get that straight - the Hale needs to fear the enemy Team 24/7 because some of them COULD get Insta/Toxic? (Especially Admins and Donors) Sometimes it also happens that the Enemy Team ONLY get's good RTD's. (*cough* 5-6 times Toxic)
3975016+_399ea8f1a42949f8257796e9ef741e60.jpg

And worst of all; It isn't even funny, or anything else.
You can't simply learn from something that is so god damn random.

Also, It's not fair that Donators and Admins have better roles I would like to see everybody having the same chances.
Hardly agree with this here.
Delete it or give EVERYONE the same amount of chance

Yeah, after your luck got increased why even complaining about it?

Well I can see why Donators and Admins wouldn't agree with this statement but I just hoped they could put themself aside and judge it from a non-donator/player perspective.
And there are more Admins/Donators on the forums ofcourse, so I really appreciate that you can stand up for the little man Uncodex.

Jeez, just remove instakills and toxic for EVERYONE and all will be well. Let the donors keep their perks (they did pay for them after all) but don't give them, or anyone, a chance to win instantly, 'cos that's just no fun.

RTD is a sort of "last hope, all or nothing" element, and it is fun sometimes, not gamebreaking unless you roll the previously mentioned effects

• Agree
Reactions: Wolf
I personally like RTD so I'm going to have to disagree.

BUT, I am not a regular. I go on FF2 to have fun. I don't play with to receive a rank and compete for the top position. If I lose I lose so it's probably why I've never minded RTD. For others though that are serious I do believe Instant kill is an issue. Toxic not that much you can just you know avoid them. With instant kills (if it's a open map) you can just shoot the hale and he's dead cause he has no place to hide. If it's not open, just hide like in prophunt :kappa:

TLDR, Don't hate on RTD hate on Instant kills.

I personally like RTD so I'm going to have to disagree.

BUT, I am not a regular. I go on FF2 to have fun. I don't play with to receive a rank and compete for the top position. If I lose I lose so it's probably why I've never minded RTD. For others though that are serious I do believe Instant kill is an issue. Toxic not that much you can just you know avoid them. With instant kills (if it's a open map) you can just shoot the hale and he's dead cause he has no place to hide. If it's not open, just hide like in prophunt :kappa:

TLDR, Don't hate on RTD hate on Instant kills.

Is it possible to Edit our current RTD so Toxic and Insta kills can be removed?
And if you would play for fun, how about the many plug-ins who have random Scream Fortress spells to deploy.
I just like to think it is a bit more balanced and fun to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread