Declined Freak fortress 2 boss suggestion. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maple Syrup

Hello. Maple Syrup here, and I am new to making bosses. I made my first boss and would like to share it after a while of practice.

Description
His name is Mr. Featherington; The first creation of Astral.Co. His Creator wants to test his creation's power on the mercenaries as they might be a threat to him.

Here is a picture of him.
loadout (10).png

Health
Health Formula: (((290+n)*n)^1.04)

Abilities
- Dynamic Super Jump - Charge time is 1.5 sec / Cool down is 8.0 sec / Cool down before first use is 3.0 sec
- Dynamic Weigh Down.
- Dynamic Glide - Delay in sec between uses is 5.0, and max duration of glide is 8.0 sec. Controls are like Base Jumper.
- Rage allows him to stun for 1.5 sec. Summon an Ion Cannon with a 7 sec charge time with a 950 Blast Radius while dealing 295 damage.
- Gains chain lightning that can deal damage anywhere between 2 - 30.
- Speed - Has a base of 420 speed

Plugins needed just in case are in Zip file.
If you need more information on it or need to ask a question, I will answer.
Thank you for reading this, and I might make more bosses and get better over time. Have a great day. : )

Attachments

• Mr.Featherington.zip
    14 MB · Views: 182
My only complaints is the health is extremely low even for a boss. Koishi Komeiji, currently has the lowest heath formula, her's goes up to 480. 290 sets his health at 20 players to just shy of 9k. Other than that the speed brings a major concern, the stock speed for a class is around 300 HU/s, scout runs at 400 HU/s, your boss would run 140% faster than stock movement speed and have the lowest health ever. I would change the health formula to around 500~ and change the speed back down to around 360 ish so its more pyro speed than baby face scout at full charge

Thank you for the advice.
I was trying to make up for his 80% bullet resistance and 50% fire resistance which i forgot to state in the description, my bad. After i tested him the speed nerf does seem needed.

If he has bullet resistance reduce the health formula to make up for it, try and shoot for medium health

Just made some changes that i believe fixed many of the issues.

Health Formula: (((420+n)*n)^1.04)

Speed: 360

Chain Lighting:Distance decreased to 950. Was to big before.

Melee Damage is 133.
Here is the new zip file with improved updates.

Attachments

• Mr.Featherington.zip
    14 MB · Views: 190
Your getting there, health formula is still lower than koishi, if you want him to have around 20k with 20 people meaning 1 thousand per person then change the value 420 to 700. Distance is measured in hammer units which can be turned to feet which in this case, 950 hammer units give you 712.5 inches or 59.33 feet. If you want to have an even radius I would make it a multiple of 8 since the source engine does things by 8 from time to time.

Thank for your help. I will improve on this over time.

I tried out the changes you suggested and they work. Here is the real finished Cfg in the zip file.

Health Formula: (((700+n)*n)^1.04

Chain Lighting:Distance changed to 920
Ion Cannon: Blast Radius changed to 920

Attachments

• Mr.Featherington.zip
    14 MB · Views: 184
Hello,
I wanted to make minor changes to the boss and add to the description.

Changes

1. rage_visualeffect duration decreased to 3 sec.
  2. Added 50% more explosive damage
  3. Stun is now 0.8 sec long
  4. Added more info to the boss' description including the name of the song.

Sorry if this is sudden.

Attachments

• Mr.Featherington.rar
    18.7 MB · Views: 162
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread