Completed Freak Fortress 2 #13 Suggestion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMedicFully

Donator
Contributor
Okay, i made a Thread months ago about the changes on some Hales but in this Thread i will explain each change better and Links will be included, i will also link a few Hales i really like and could fit in this Server
I made several Hales by my self and i know what im doing so do i by suggesting..
I doubt that anything here will go through that i suggest but i hope Kevin will do something when the regular FF2 players would be voting here that he will at least take a look at it and think about this suggestion..

Anyways, lets go to the Hale Changes first :)

The Super Jumps

Okay so uh the most Hales in this Server are using the default Super Jump which is pretty crap and the Hales like the Rock as a example has no chance against 10x Snipers in Dustshowdown which is a huge damn Map and shouldn't really be in FF2 or when the Hales have a crap Super Jump which barely makes across buildings etc..
The Dynamic Super Jump fixes this issue, you can also set up the jump intensity multiplier which is already good at the 1.0 argument value in my opinion.
Here a view for the Super Jump

"abilityX"
{
"name" "dynamic_jump"

// slot is ignored.
"arg1" "1.5" // charge time, same as charge_bravejump
"arg2" "5.0" // cooldown, same as charge_bravejump
"arg3" "0" // 1 = disabled by default (can only be re-enabled in code)
"arg4" "0" // number of uses. set to 0 to be infinite.
"arg5" "3.0" // cooldown before first use
"arg6" "100.0" // minimum damage before super duper jump
"arg7" "0" // use new jump
"arg8" "1.0" // jump intensity multiplier. unlike charge_bravejump, this works for oldjump too
"arg9" "0" // 1 = use RELOAD instead of ALT-FIRE
"arg10" "0" // don't affect weighdown's cooldown

// HUD strings
"arg17" "Super DUPER Jump ready! Look up, press and release ALT-FIRE." // super duper jump message
"arg18" "Super Jump is not ready. %.1f seconds remaining." // cooldown message
"arg19" "Super Jump is ready. %.0f percent charged.\nLook up, press and release ALT-FIRE." // charge message

"plugin_name" "ff2_dynamic_defaults"
}

The Slow Motion aka The Matrix Rage

Many of us know this Rage which is one of the most powerful Rage or Ability
The Hale called Gabe Newell uses this Rage which is pretty god damn Overpowered, even tho you need to gain 5.000+ Damage to execute his Rage, he doesnt really need 14 seconds of Slow Motion, which i recommend to do is to add Lives instead and lower his hp much as needed so with the duration of the Slow Motion, 3 seconds is pretty enough even 1 second in my own Server but it all depends what FF2 Version you use at this point.
None of the Hales that have this Ability should last longer than 6 seconds in my opinion, it all also depends how the Hale is based on
Here is a view of my set up for the Matrix Rage

"ability5"
{
"name" "rage_matrix_attack"

"arg0" "-1" // When it should get Executed. | -1 = On life lose | 0 = On Rage
"arg1" "2" // The Duration, how long it should last
"arg2" "0.7" // How slow the Time should be when the Ability is executed, this value is pretty high so the Time is pretty much less Slow.

"plugin_name" "ff2_1st_set_abilities"
}

The Health Formular

Okay so..... We all know The Mimicer has one of the most overpowered Health

My Health Formular i use for my 2x Life Hales most of the time

"health_formula" "(((610+n)*n)^1.03)"

Im not the best in making Health Formulas but this one works for me fine

The Blind Ability aka The FOG

This Ability annoys me, pretty much..
Im Sure The Mimicer and Fedorable doesnt need this Rage and its pretty retarded, you can say what you want but this is really not needed for them at all, no idea who thought its a pretty good idea to add this to them..
Fedorable FOG Ability lasts pretty long and i meant it its pretty long and dumb....
Like i said, Mimicer doesnt even need this, his Stun is already pretty long for a Overpowered Hale but i will get into the Stun rages later.
MLG Sniper doesnt rly need it aswell but it all depends how people have him set up.. Since he is pretty, weak here in my point of view, he could need it at some point..

The Stun Ability

First, Mimicer doesnt need a 6 seconds long Stun, 4.3 seconds is pretty much good, not sure if his Rage stun is really 6 seconds long but lets pretend that.
If his Fog gets removed and his Hp getting nerfed, i could also see a 7 seconds stun for him
otherwise please just remove the 6 seconds and replace it with 4.3 seconds..

The Sentry Stuns not really that important to discuss about-.

The Damage, Bleed effect etc..

Fedorable, Koishi and Zerstorer having the Bleed effect on hit, its not really balanced in my opinion when they deal already a high amount of damage on hit. Remove it already

Female Spy, Mimicer, Fedorable, MeeM and Ass Pancakes are dealing big amount of damage,

Ass Pancakes deals like 300+ damage.... My Suggestion nerf on him would be lowering his damage around 200 but not higher than 230

FemSpy as far i know above 300 aswell.. My Suggestion nerf on him would be lowering her damage around 175

Mimicer deals also 300+ damage.. My Suggestion nerf on him would be lowering his damage around 200.

Fedorable the same, 300+ damage... My Suggestion nerf on him would be lowering his damage around 175..

MeeM deals 1008 damage, why..? My Suggestion nerf on him would be lowering his damage around 200

When Removing Koishi's Bleeding effect, i would buff her Damage up to 150+

Human Sentry Buster

You most likely need to camp to win as him when there are like 5 demoknights and other Classes that do much damage on a Melee hit against him

Remove the Attribute

206Pictogram minus.png dmg from melee increased+%s1% damage from melee sources while active
Attribute Wiki

And Buff his damage up to 160+ when possible.

Also remove the Damage Resistance Attribute for a fair gameplay.

66Pictogram plus.png dmg taken from bullets reduced+%s1% bullet damage resistance on wearer

Spyper

Remove him or Fix his Sniper rifle.... Also his lower damage down to 210 so his Rifle damage.

My Hale suggestions that could take a nice place here.

Dic Soupcan

SoupCock PorkPie I dont rly like the old version, maybe taking a look on my version..?

Cakehole Piss (the same like Piss Cakehole but cooler :) ) Somewhere in the Alliedmodders thread, but the good version of him isnt downloadable anymore smh

Maybe one of my hales? People liked them maybe one of them can get here

• Useful
Reactions: Leo.
Posted the Suggestion way too early, some issues might be in here.

In my opinion (before anything is decided) that we should wait and see if the VSH2 goes through with vote (which looks like it will easily) and see how it works after implemented. might be easier for them to work on these after VSH2 is already through

In my opinion (before anything is decided) that we should wait and see if the VSH2 goes through with vote (which looks like it will easily) and see how it works after implemented. might be easier for them to work on these after VSH2 is already through
I'm somewhat certain that the suggestion for upgrading to vsh 2 was intended for vsh? unless i'm mistaken

The issue with spy and scout hales dealing 300+ dmg is due to the original VSH/FF2 plugins having a feature called triple damage.

In base TF2, spy and scout melees deal 35 damage compared to other classes 65 damage which I guess led to scout/spy hales dealing less damage than they should in the original VSH, so they just decided to triple the damage that they dealt, which obviously led to them dealing 300+ damage. Not too sure why they did that, maybe weapon attributes were harder to modify back then.

Meem just simply has a crazy damage multiplier, because I guess the original creator didn't know how to test their own hales? I can empathise though, weapon attributes constantly switch between being addictive or multiplicative which is confusing.

The fix for triple damage is to update the servers to newer versions of VSH/FF2 which have cvars that disable the triple damage feature (I recommend batfoxes version). Or you can just edit the source, delete the parts related to triple damage, and recompile.

I'm somewhat certain that the suggestion for upgrading to vsh 2 was intended for vsh? unless i'm mistaken
apparently its an upgrade to FF2 as well (with what he said)
"One of your admins has also informed that Panda community has FF2 servers as well.
VSH2 also comes with an FF2 Compatibility Layer Engine which allows you to run both VSH2 custom bosses AND FF2 bosses together!"

apparently its an upgrade to FF2 as well (with what he said)
"One of your admins has also informed that Panda community has FF2 servers as well.
VSH2 also comes with an FF2 Compatibility Layer Engine which allows you to run both VSH2 custom bosses AND FF2 bosses together!"
I dont see any logic at giving VSH2 a FF2 Compatibility when you can just bring the VSH Hales into ff2 lol

me neither lol. but if it happens VSH2 works for ff2, it would be an upgrade for it?

me neither lol. but if it happens VSH2 works for ff2, it would be an upgrade for it?
I prefer Unofficial Fork from Batfox cuz it has many new features and is way better.

i never said anything about batfox :)
i recommended it, its better than VSH2 : )
im sure many of the FF2 Players dont want a VSH rework version in FF2 anyways

i recommended it, its better than VSH2 : )
im sure many of the FF2 Players dont want a VSH rework version in FF2 anyways
maybe you should sell unofficial fork to us, what is it about? how does it differ? etc.

maybe you should sell unofficial fork to us, what is it about? how does it differ? etc.
I dont have to sell it neither saying anything about it because its public and everyone can see whats different in there.

It's likely VSH 2 would never really be used as the base for FF2, There's far too many changes that would need to be made to the base VSH2 Plugin to get it back to where the FF2 server would want it to be. Madact explained on the vsh 2 thread as to why this wouldn't be possible with the slow update loop most of our servers tend to have.

• Agree
Reactions: Spam Goose
so then it would be about the other 2 then, though perhaps that should be a separate thread?

this has been implemented already with the FF2 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread