Important Forum Update (1 Viewer)

Kevin

Owner
Staff member
Founder
Hi,

so as many of you already noticed the forum has been upgraded and aswell equiped with a new theme and logo aswell small other tweaks.
As its still not done yet and bugs may exist i'll kindly ask all of you to report any bugs or aswell wishes which we should add/edit in this thread.

Thanks.

Looks sweet, I like that there is now a dark theme.
  • When you send a message into shoutbox the message bar is temporarily locked. That way you can't start typing the next message, and if you do half of it is cut off or backspace, space, etc. will trigger browser functionality instead of being captured.
  • Embeds in the shoutbox seem to cause it to not scroll to the latest message when you first visit the homepage
  • Combine new threads and new posts into one widget pretty please
  • Also would be neat if the nav arrows at the bottom right were always visible
  • When you interact with statuses or switch the reply box from wysiwyg to bbcode and vice versa the main menu bar will switch between collapsed and open modes (only if the menu was in collapsed mode to start with, eg replying to a long thread it seems)
That's all so far.

EDIT: Also the favicon is almost invisible in my browser's dark theme.

Last edited:
Can you bring back the snazzy icons, Kevo?
icons.PNG

It will be some confusing moments, I notice that already now. However, I do like the looks of it, I bet it will take no time to learn the new forum setup! Good job @Kevin :hoof:

Can you change normal members names from blue back to grey? :scout1:

• Indifferent
Reactions: TWC
I like this. The only issue I see that hasn't been mentioned yet is the fact that there is a small thin-lined box around the reactions (
1545896733553.png
) and to me that looks odd and out of place. I didn't double check if this was only in dark-theme though.

Reactions: Waxel
The new design looks really good, I just found some minor issues.
  • Please change the sidebar stickyness, having to scroll down the entire mainpage before being able to see the last thread in the "Latest threads" section or statuses is pretty annoying.
  • The mobile version is pretty atrocious, anything you can do about that?
  • When changing the window resolution the page takes half a second to adjust, not much of an issue but I thought I would mention it.
  • The ratings got reset, nothing too bad about it but they no longer fit with the trophy points. e.g. like trophies aren't statistically reflected by your likes anymore.
  • Since we've used the reaction system previously the user tabs "reactions received" now show old content. --> example

Last edited:
Same here, there are some issues scattered across the account management pages
There is no Male gender selection on the Personal Details page, here's the image
The signatures are covering up the whole post in certain cases if a person has 3 or 4 of them, here's the other image
I'mma going to look for further issues

Can't edit anymore:
  • The forums randomly stopped to update correctly and showed me a probably cached version with old recent posts etc., switching themes fixed it
  • User statuses now show posts on others profiles, idk if I like that since they're messages directed at someone and don't need to "spam" the status feed

• Agree
Reactions: TBotV63

Last edited:
Minor issue, but it's not very intuitive that you have to long press the smiley button for reactions on mobile.

IJrQcgg.gif

Reactions: Waxel
unknown.png

left menus are invading the center contents private space in light theme

Users who are viewing this thread