Pending [Forum] Font size on default forum theme is too small (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the font size for the default forum theme (Panda Dark) is too small.
i guess that comes down to personal preference?

Maybe it is, maybe it's something that affects a lot of people that needs addressing. For me, other XenForo sites have slightly larger text and are more comfortable to read. Since I know that extracting feedback from people can be like getting blood from a stone, I'm giving you mine in case other people feel the same. If not, then at least you know it's probably not an issue.

Maybe it is, maybe it's something that affects a lot of people that needs addressing. For me, other XenForo sites have slightly larger text and are more comfortable to read. Since I know that extracting feedback from people can be like getting blood from a stone, I'm giving you mine in case other people feel the same. If not, then at least you know it's probably not an issue.
font in general or something specific?

I think in general. I took some screenshots and compared the pixel heights of text from Panda and a couple of other sites and only found a difference of one pixel, but I know from past experience that at small sizes, that can make a big difference to legibility. In comparison, reduced contrast between the text colour and backdrop in some instances may also be partly to blame. Perhaps this could stand to be increased, though I do appreciate the dark mode aesthetic.

Noteably problematic areas are: quoted text in messages, forum descriptions on the home page, author name and timestamp underneath thread titles on index pages and home page overviews (Latest posts/threads). Hopefully this is of use! Thanks for your time :)

Actually I will use this as a chance to bring up another issue which isn't quite the same, But similar enough that it doesn't warrant a whole new thread imo.
What bothers me to no end how the default size we have is not even available in the "Font size" dropdown menu. As an example here:

This line is slightly smaller than the default font (Font size 12).
This line is the default font (No Font size).
This line is slightly bigger than the default font (Font size 15).

And it takes more effort than it should to get back to the default font the user wants, unless they don't care about consistency.
When toggling BB code it becomes apparent that rather than the values being 9, 10, 12, 15, 18 , 22, 26. They are more closely using the HTML size attributes from 1-7 respectively.
1681911114454.png

Any chance this could be fixed?

• Agree
Reactions: sorelight and Jiji
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread