Pending [Forum] Add a New Posts button (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

worMatty

Current way to check new posts is fiddly. You have to click the small down arrow next to the FORUMS menu, then click New Posts. I propose having a New Posts button on the forum index, which would be much more convenient.

Reactions: Timothy97
Current way to check new posts is fiddly. You have to click the small down arrow next to the FORUMS menu, then click New Posts. I propose having a New Posts button on the forum index, which would be much more convenient.
whats so fiddly doing 2 clicks?

luwy.png

also on the start page theres on the left side an overview aswell?

luwy.png

You can optimize your new posts run by 1 click if you click the text that says "latests posts" instead.

e86823d69dd25b2224ad17fd31314ad0.png

Reactions: Kevin

The down arrow is tiny, requiring you to be quite precise. This coupled with the requirement of two clicks, makes it mildly annoying if you repeat it often. Aside from that, what one would expect is a commonly-used feature is hidden inside a menu.

There is, but it's quite small and doesn't show you a complete list of the new posts. It's useful for people who spend a lot of time on the forum but not those of us who visit once per day or so.

You can optimize your new posts run by 1 click if you click the text that says "latests posts" instead.

Thanks for this, that's slightly better. However, it's not in a prominent position and it looks like a header, not a link. Also, the page it links to is not the same as the New Posts page. It shows you all activity in chronological order, whereas New Posts shows you only those threads with activity since you last hit Mark as Read.

Reactions: Semicolon Backslash
The down arrow is tiny, requiring you to be quite precise. This coupled with the requirement of two clicks, makes it mildly annoying if you repeat it often. Aside from that, what one would expect is a commonly-used feature is hidden inside a menu.

There is, but it's quite small and doesn't show you a complete list of the new posts. It's useful for people who spend a lot of time on the forum but not those of us who visit once per day or so.

Thanks for this, that's slightly better. However, it's not in a prominent position and it looks like a header, not a link. Also, the page it links to is not the same as the New Posts page. It shows you all activity in chronological order, whereas New Posts shows you only those threads with activity since you last hit Mark as Read.
i dont really understand the problem i mean for myself i dont see it as an issue - its a small indicator hence it is _small_
interesting to know what others think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread