Fix the Razorback -- FF2/VSH (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geronimo

Now ever since the critically acclaimed Jungle Inferno update, there have been some bugs that affected custom stat weapons for community servers. This includes the favorable Sniper secondary weapon for FF2/VSH, the Razorback.
The Razorback no longer acts like the shield it was before the Jungle Inferno update, it doesn't block a hit from the boss. So I propose this, revert its stats back to the pre-Jungle Inferno update. I've seen Custom Weapon servers that have done this to other weapons, so why not be able to fix this? This makes it so the regeneration effect isn't abused or used at all.

That's the short end to this thread, thank you for reading.

I Shouldn't Be doing this, but i honestly agree. I miss the Razorback And its Effects and due of the Stat Changes, it is now Gone. I Miss Being Spared By My Handy-Dandy Razorback But all of that was tooken Away And Broken completely by the Tf2 Team. It is now just a Piece of useless crap. ("Possibly Could Save you From Spy Bosses") This is As bad as net neutrality. Tooken away And pretty Threatening. Snipers Have Extremely Poor Defense When it comes to Close Battles. The Razorback Buys you Another Chance when you come to this certain Situation. Anyways I Hope you guys think this Through And have fun on Panda.tf.

I Shouldn't Be doing this, but i honestly agree. I miss the Razorback And its Effects and due of the Stat Changes, it is now Gone. I Miss Being Spared By My Handy-Dandy Razorback But all of that was tooken Away And Broken completely by the Tf2 Team. It is now just a Piece of useless crap. ("Possibly Could Save you From Spy Bosses") This is As bad as net neutrality. Tooken away And pretty Threatening. Snipers Have Extremely Poor Defense When it comes to Close Battles. The Razorback Buys you Another Chance when you come to this certain Situation. Anyways I Hope you guys think this Through And have fun on Panda.tf.
In VSH and FF2, the razorback was a great tool, but honestly (coming from a guy who never used it) there are better options. For one, the stock smg is great, and has small knock back so if the boss is coming for you, you just have enough knock back that if you hit at least 15/25 shots, he will stay the same distance. And the sniper is fine close-quarters, Melee usually knocks the boss back pretty far, and the sniper does quite a bit of knock back even without scoping. If you were going to fix the razor back, I would do this:
Keep the regeneration of it
when hit, take massive knock back (like flare jump knock back) but loose 50% hp.
I think this would make it fair, so that the snipers don't pick horrible spots, and get a free pass, but actually need to think of a good spot, so they don't loose half their health, and potentially dying from fall damage.

I Disagree With The Razorback Regeneration. you can jump and take the hit, and since you take the hit + Jump at the sametime and only lose 50% of Hp From the Hit you will be Sent flying and have enough time to recover. Or have a Medic Find you. By the time you get to them its likely a medic will pop uber or your shield of regenerated by then, then you can Take another hit + Jump and Go a considerably Laughable distance, away from the hale. If you know what i mean by Getting Hit With a Melee that does intense knockback damage and jumping at the sametime you will See The Downside.

I Disagree With The Razorback Regeneration. you can jump and take the hit, and since you take the hit + Jump at the sametime and only lose 50% of Hp From the Hit you will be Sent flying and have enough time to recover. Or have a Medic Find you. By the time you get to them its likely a medic will pop uber or your shield of regenerated by then, then you can Take another hit + Jump and Go a considerably Laughable distance, away from the hale. If you know what i mean by Getting Hit With a Melee that does intense knockback damage and jumping at the sametime you will See The Downside.
If they were going to fix it, they need to put a downside to it to punish the players who do pick bad spots, and think they get a free pass.

maybe razorback still regenerates, but when hit gets throw a ways (not flare jump distance, maybe half) and slows the sniper until the razorback is regenerated (like he is trying to fix it while running) maybe the speed of heavy or slower?

Sounds good And Cant argue with that. i mean it does "Save" you. ill go with that idea instead. But Spam is that Until your shield regenerates or are you in that state forever?

Due to the speed Take off ill say adjust the damage he takes on hit from "50%" to "20%"

Sounds good And Cant argue with that. i mean it does "Save" you. ill go with that idea instead. But Spam is that Until your shield regenerates or are you in that state forever?
No, your that slow until you regenerate the shield (think someone trying to fix something while running) and the 20% is a good one for damage taken

so it would be this:
Shield regenerates
When hit, razorback takes a hit for you, launches you about 20 feet (if someone knows a better distance please say) and loose 20% of max health
When razorback is broken, reduce movement speed by 40% (again if someone knows a better speed) until razorback regenerates
(throwing this one out there) projectiles do not break shield, but reduce the damage by 50%, and after effects by 25% (still dies from miku cleaver and I believe fempyro detonator)

Snipers come in Intense Packs Usually And Regenerating Shields will be a Pain In the ass to Work with. But my Idea "On Hit you get knocked back 5 Feet, Left at 80 Hp For a chance to Run. Your speed and maximum Health Will be This "Your maximum Health: 80, With Maximum Speed of 76%. (Almost Equivalent To a Soldier) But The Snipers do not need the Damage Resistances. They are fine the way there are. Fire - Projectiles need to travel to them and by the time you Shoot at them they Can see it and just move out of the way. Most of them That gets Shot by a Projectile Usually quickly finds a Healthpack and Resume Sniping you.

Snipers come in Intense Packs Usually And Regenerating Shields will be a Pain In the ass to Work with. But my Idea "On Hit you get knocked back 5 Feet, Left at 80 Hp For a chance to Run. Your speed and maximum Health Will be This "Your maximum Health: 80, With Maximum Speed of 72%. (Equivalent To a Soldier) But The Snipers do not need the Damage Resistances. They are fine the way there are. Fire - Projectiles need to travel to them and by the time you Shoot at them they Can see it and just move out of the way. Most of them That gets Shot by a Projectile Usually quickly finds a Healthpack and Resume Sniping you.
yea that sounds good, punishes the players who pick bad spots, but keeps them alive (but barely)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have 28 days on the VSH server and I am pretty sure that the Razorback had absolutely no use before and after the update. It didn't do anything.

It Saved You From Hales Hit. More like a Second Life.

Im assuming you're new And dont get the exact point of the razorback. If its Not in Vsh then it is clear for where my words go. But the Pre-stats of it were overused and many people used it as a Beneficial Advanatage

Im assuming you're new And dont get the exact point of the razorback. If its Not in Vsh then it is clear for where my words go. But the Pre-stats of it were overused and many people used it as a Beneficial Advanatage
but I have 28 days on the VSH server
Yeah I was talking about only the VSH server like I said in my first reply because the title says FF2/VSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread