Completed First to finish gets LR? oh wait I'm dead (1 Viewer)

What are your thoughts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sin.

I've seen a bunch of people do minigame that requires racing and they usually tend to say that the first who completes the minigame will get lr. Currently, if you do not state the rest are KOS, then you have to let them live or die at the behest of the winner. My proposition is that we make it implied that the rest do die.

This would be a good add-in as this could save time, cause less mfk/freekills, and that warden doesn't have to deal with a lot of people in the winners dr. One minor thing that I could see is that people will complain about why they were free killed. To my knowledge, this rule hasn't been enforced in the past and no one seemed to care about it all that much. I would like to hear what you guys think about this topic even though its a minor one.

Poll closes in 7 days.

Personally, I would say first to finish but mainly I forget to say rest to die. What I mainly do is let the survivors participate in the winners DR. This mostly works in Minigames like obby, Deathrun, or Steady Pace, but you may have a 7 red DR. This could be the answer as if I forget to say "rest dies" then the remaining reds who didn't finish first would perish.

In my opinion it would be best to state it. Here's an example.
--Warden: All reds bumrush to obby don't start.
--*all reds bumrush to obby*
--Warden: Start obby.
--New player: *makes a solid attempt to complete obby*
--Any obby master: HAHA! I finished first now all reds die because he didn't say surviving players will live. > ; )
--*Proceed to get alt + f4'd*
--New Player: WTF you didn't say first one to finish rest dies!
--Warden: Its implied.
--New player: Wow so this jb server won't allow me to make a solid attempt I would better off going to other jb servers that would allow me to make a attempt at least.
New Player Left the Server (Disconnected by user)

That's my opinion at least. Let see how this goes.

• Agree
Reactions: Addster and Bambi
Its a good point, it can go both ways though. Someone from another community can come on and go warden and assume its implied, then proceed to freekill the reds inside the game. I think having a 6+ person DR is overkill but it happens. I'm more looking for a rule rework where it specifies if you have to say the rest of the reds are KOS or not.

• Agree
Reactions: TRGGB2
I've never seen a warden give the "first to finish gets lr" order in games like Mario kart or strafe race as there are already functions for the warden to select how many live and a kill function for losing reds, So obviously this suggestion is more aimed at games like climb, obby, speedrun ect.

I always went by if the warden doesn't follow up his "first to finish gets lr" order with "everyone else will be kos" then it would his own fault, and all reds able to complete the minigame would get to participate in the winning red's death request (if he wants them to). Keep in mind, the warden needs to give strict orders so that nobody gets confused on what to do at all times. I'd personally would rather keep this in a gray area. I don't think we need something like this in the rules.

Reactions: TRGGB2
Does this mean, when we do one winner Mario cart and the rest get put in the losers section, if I didn't say the rest die people have mass freekilled for the past few years playing? No one has ever called me out for not saying this command. I would assume that the whole point of the death button when you select the one winner option would be that it was implied.

Because if this is so I have definitely never done this and always say the rest die 0_0

This is close to the whole "first to finish gets lr but you actually don't have to finish to get it" thing.

The problem in both of these topics is confusion. Players will usually wonder why they got killed if they were never told they would die.
What is the easiest way to get rid of this confusion? Give an order and explain it.

A simple "First to finish gets lr and the rest will die" will probably solve this whole issue.
Making reds KOS by default will probably lead to scenarios where the warden gives a first-to-finish order and just starts shooting everyone when the first guy is done.

Or y'know, we could just not talk about it and pretend this topic never existed, but that doesn't solve much.
Just make it so the warden has to say 4 extra words if he wants every other Red to die. Simple enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread