Declined Field of View Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonsic

My suggestion is to add a FoV Plugin to all TF2 servers.

- There's no reason to not add it, except it might trigger the Anti-Cheat plugin and cause false positives, but I don't know exactly since I don't have my own server to test it.

+ Having the freedom to set your FoV out of the normal boundaries makes one feel more comfortable.

I also don't know what kind of FoV plugin is used on the Dodgeball servers, but if it's a standalone one then it could be used on the other servers too. If that's not the case, then this plugin should work:
Plugin

I feel like having it in duel or MGE or TDM servers would be a little unfair since it can give you an unfair advantage, especially if you add quick binds to peak around the corner quickly or play a class that doesn't need precision aiming.

- There's no reason to not add it, except it might trigger the Anti-Cheat plugin and cause false positives, but I don't know exactly since I don't have my own server to test it.

I believe all anti cheat features are on DB and we haven't had any issues so far so perhaps it's safe to do so. We can always start off testing it on a particular server and if we have issues will just revert back.

Since it's your suggestion @moonsic any suggestion on which server will be for the trial test?

...any suggestion on which server will be for the trial test?
2Fort would be a great server for testing, since you can try out how increased/decreased FoV would be for combat scenarios.

I'll task this up for EU 2fort to be the tester. When it's active we'd like some folks to test out the plugin to see if they get caught by anti cheat.

...Or it'll just get added to all servers right away :pepega: It's up to Kevin!

Task #226 Add Field of View Plugin to all servers

i dont think thats a good idea to add it to all servers, pretty unfair issues that will happen due to this.
whats the problem with the current way it is?

• Agree
Reactions: Mikey and Magglet
...pretty unfair issues that will happen due to this.
Well that's why we're trying to test it only on EU 2Fort, we'll see how it will work out and at here I ask all EU 2Fort regulars to give their opinion after testing the plugin. But at this point I can say this: it's not as unfair as the Thirdperson plugin.
whats the problem with the current way it is?
There's no problem at all. I emphasize that, I do not see this plugin as a requirement for any server. The plugin would be a cool addition to enhance the gaming experience on the servers.

People using third person to get frags and switching class to skip the second of respawn time is already unfair in my opinion. I really don't want people with 360 degree vision to add to that to be honest. All these 'edges' add up to make an inhospitable environment for newcomers who get stomped for not having system knowledge that aren't even intended game mechanics.

• Agree
Reactions: Redspike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread