Completed [FF2/VSH] Negative RTD perk ideas? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMedicFully

Donator
Contributor
Hi,

since there have been added recently 4-5 positive RTD Perks, I would like to know what kind of negative RTD Perks could be added.
Because of the increasement of positive RTD perks, there is a higher chance of rolling positive RTD perks now, that needs to change.
Using this thread to give people the possibility to give ideas if they have any to suggest that could be possibly added.
Polls will be made when there are enough options that people can vote for, however, only 4 to 5 negative perks will be added to keep the balance.

Unsure if VSH got the RTD update, however, Back From The Dead is not included, for FF2 only.

• Agree
Reactions: Otis
I have some ideas that might be worth a try:

Soft Play [Option 1] (20-25sec) => All damage (both weapon, melee & self-damage by weapons) is decreased by 75-90% of its original value (this includes mini crits & crits);

Soft Play [Option 2] (20-25sec) => All damage (both weapon, melee & self-damage by weapons) is completely gone (this includes mini crits & crits);

Masochist (20 sec) => All self-damage inflicted by weapons & melee has an increase of x1.2-x1.5 (20% - 50%) OR even x2 (100%) (this includes mini crits & crits) (if possible, apply to effects as well [i.e bleeding, fire] );

Marked (20 sec) => Apply Marked for Death effect;

Erratic Behaviour (20 sec) => Player starts being moved, pushed and launched with great momentum into random directions;

Tired to Death (20 sec) => Any movement above certain HU/s (an easier choice, regular walking) or attempts to jump will result in the player tanking decent damage (10/s if moving, 18 per jump). This will force the player to crouch in order to evade the negative effects. DO NOT APPLY TO BONK

Slow Hands (20 sec) => Any attack/reload takes 50-60% longer to perform (opposite of Quick Hands basically)

I am not quite sure whether Weakened effect still exists and what it might affect by itself, so Soft Play could be disregarded in the case of Weakened being sort of Soft Play.

Here are fun ideas I came up with:

Team Swap => changes your team to an opposite one. Maybe it's a little overkill, because you can ruin other people's gameplay because of your roll.

Jumping Jack (20 sec) => similar to spring shoes, you jump uncontrollably, but with a twist. Jumps are higher, but there's also strong gravity, which forces players down to the ground much quicker.

Empty pockets => removes all ammo, metal, cloak charge, uber charge, banner charge, etc.

CHAAARGEEE!!! (3 sec or more) => you receive demoman's charge effect and recieve damage if you hit a wall.

Empty pockets => removes all ammo, metal, cloak charge, uber charge, banner charge, etc.
Better idea

Robbed => removes all ammo, metal, cloak charge, uber charge, banner charge, etc. + Removes all cosmetics from the player and deals 75 damage.

PerkDesciptionType
Freeze TimebombFreezes the roller and surrounding enemies upon explosion (Since this is intended for VSH/FF2 maybe have the freeze effect only last a second or two on the boss) Timer
OverdosedApplies the Drugged, Drunk Walk and Sickness rtd effect all at onceTimer
MagnetizerAll Knockback effects pulls the enemy towards the rollerTimer
Vacuum CleanerReversed Airblast EffectTimer
Weak LegsMore Fall Damage TakenTimer
Slow RocketsRockets travel much slower through the airTimer
Immunity DisorderHurts roller when any player comes too closeTimer
Uber LeakUbercharge amount gets put to 0%Instant
SappedAll Engineer Buildings fail to function.Timer
Empty Rifle ChargeSniper Rifle Builds no chargeTimer
Death BedReduces Players Max hpTimer
TurtleReduces Player Speed but increases Damage resistance (not sure if that counts as a negative, but worth a try)Timer

switch | randomly switch into a different class of the 9 mercenaries other than the one you're currently on (but health values are kept or reduced if said class health is lower than your concurrent pool so you don't get a free massive overheal from say switching from heavy to one of the 4 other 125hp classes)

I have some ideas that might be worth a try:

Marked (20 sec) => Apply Marked for Death effect;

Erratic Behaviour (20 sec) => Player starts being moved, pushed and launched with great momentum into random directions;

Tired to Death (20 sec) => Any movement above certain HU/s (an easier choice, regular walking) or attempts to jump will result in the player tanking decent damage (10/s if moving, 18 per jump). This will force the player to crouch in order to evade the negative effects. DO NOT APPLY TO BONK

Slow Hands (20 sec) => Any attack/reload takes 50-60% longer to perform (opposite of Quick Hands basically)

I am not quite sure whether Weakened effect still exists and what it might affect by itself, so Soft Play could be disregarded in the case of Weakened being sort of Soft Play.
I like these ideas, for Soft Play or Masochist, it's the same as Weakened.

Marked is really basic, why not I suppose.

Erratic Behaviour seems like a fun RTD to make, would love to see this.

Tired To Death sounds interesting, walking and jumping inflicting damage but crouching not, sounds funny to me.

Slow Hands I had the same idea as there is Fast Hands.

Here are fun ideas I came up with:

Team Swap => changes your team to an opposite one. Maybe it's a little overkill, because you can ruin other people's gameplay because of your roll.

Jumping Jack (20 sec) => similar to spring shoes, you jump uncontrollably, but with a twist. Jumps are higher, but there's also strong gravity, which forces players down to the ground much quicker.

CHAAARGEEE!!! (3 sec or more) => you receive demoman's charge effect and recieve damage if you hit a wall.
Team Swap seems too much but also somewhat useless when it's a summon boss, but this RTD can also be broken as you may spawn as any class with any weapon.

Jumping Jack seems quite boring to me as it's pretty much the same as Spring Shoes but with more push force and gravity.

Empty Pockets can work, looks like a true fuck up to someone lmao.

Charge seems alright, can do I suppose. Maybe not timer based but a insta RTD.

PerkDesciptionType
Freeze TimebombFreezes the roller and surrounding enemies upon explosion (Since this is intended for VSH/FF2 maybe have the freeze effect only last a second or two on the boss)Timer
OverdosedApplies the Drugged, Drunk Walk and Sickness rtd effect all at onceTimer
MagnetizerAll Knockback effects pulls the enemy towards the rollerTimer
Vacuum CleanerReversed Airblast EffectTimer
Weak LegsMore Fall Damage TakenTimer
Slow RocketsRockets travel much slower through the airTimer
Immunity DisorderHurts roller when any player comes too closeTimer
Uber LeakUbercharge amount gets put to 0%Instant
SappedAll Engineer Buildings fail to function.Timer
Empty Rifle ChargeSniper Rifle Builds no chargeTimer
Death BedReduces Players Max hpTimer
TurtleReduces Player Speed but increases Damage resistance (not sure if that counts as a negative, but worth a try)Timer
I love all of those ideas, especially the Freeze Timebomb or Magnetizer.
For Overdosed, that will be such a annoying RTD my god lmao.

switch | randomly switch into a different class of the 9 mercenaries other than the one you're currently on (but health values are kept or reduced if said class health is lower than your concurrent pool so you don't get a free massive overheal from say switching from heavy to one of the 4 other 125hp classes)
Sounds like a alright idea, why not.
-

I would love to implement most of the ideas here, perhaps we can make a second post for positive RTD perks in the future and then implement the negative RTD perks that haven't made it through the vote

Reactions: Macko
So an update on what is going on for this so we can get some poll votes going.

Uber has put up possible negative rtd effects in a list ready for the poll. However, the list is 13 RTD ideas when the polls are limited for 10.
So what I will do is list the first 10, and the last 3 (Empty Rifle, Charge and Death Bed Turtle) will be placed in a 2nd poll along with the 4 most popular votes in the first poll.

The details of these negative rtd effects should be within this suggestion. But if not, please feel free to ask.
As for if you still want to suggest negative rtd effects you can, but keep in mind the more you all suggest the longer this suggestion will take to implement.
With 7 options on the 2nd poll, it's possible to add 3 more options to that.

Winning RTD Effects - Freeze timebomb , Slow Hands, Uber Leaks and Charge.

I'll leave @UberMedicFully to develop these effects ready for implementation. If any issues, let me know and I'll re-open the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread