Completed [FF2/VSH] Dirtmound map suggestion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autismo

5fb7337cdff3d.jpg
5fb7337ca8427.jpg
5fb7337bb49b3.jpg
5fb7337c46c9b.jpg

I'm tired of the same maps getting picked over and over again, so a few new additions should be added because getting granturks for the 1000th time over (and a majority of the same hales that're virtually identical in terms of functionality for ff2) is boring, so maybe adding a possible +1 to the same numerical picked maps would be nice.
if possible (if you could), please post about adding other maps to rotation, but not shit maps that're sniper havens or tight enclosed maps that're littered to the teeth with full health kits, and if possible making suggestions about certain removals (rats_, sewers_final, minecroft_panda because it's pitch black plus just sucks in terms of map design).

I'm tired of the same maps getting picked over and over again, so a few new additions should be added because getting granturks for the 1000th time over (and a majority of the same hales that're virtually identical in terms of functionality for ff2) is boring, so maybe adding a possible +1 to the same numerical picked maps would be nice.
I agree that the same maps getting picked constantly is annoying, but the sad reality is that adding new maps probably won't change anything. People will still be brainlessly voting for the same maps over and over. Not sure if this has something to do with people being afraid of change or just actually liking the maps. Who knows. The only way I can see that getting "fixed" is the whole nomination/vote system getting some kind of rework, although I'm sure many people wouldn't like that. I also agree on some map removals, especially sewers_final.

About the map now though - It seems decent at first glance, I guess I'd have to test it in game to make a proper judgement.

Reactions: Scudi37
I agree that the same maps getting picked constantly is annoying, but the sad reality is that adding new maps probably won't change anything. People will still be brainlessly voting for the same maps over and over. Not sure if this has something to do with people being afraid of change or just actually liking the maps. Who knows. The only way I can see that getting "fixed" is the whole nomination/vote system getting some kind of rework, although I'm sure many people wouldn't like that. I also agree on some map removals, especially sewers_final.

About the map now though - It seems decent at first glance, I guess I'd have to test it in game to make a proper judgement.

In terms of looks and layout, it's condensed but wide enough that it doesn't end up being a map where everyone stacks up in one key location or general area, lot of free area for both the hale and mobility based classes.
5fb7337b1878f.jpg

I'd say it's a good map with nothing special, I think the reason why people like granturks so much is because there's a lot of places to move around in (sewers leading to two areas which exit to different parts of the main map, engineers having a lot of places to build, pretty much every class has something that allows them to work well).

People only pick granturks so they can camp in the silos. I'll vote yes but I don't really care whether it gets added or not.

• Dumb
Reactions: Macko
A bit late but which version is being suggested here exactly? Cause I see there are two, the new one and the "classic".

Screenshot 2023-05-31 123238.png

• Informative
Reactions: Madact
A bit late but which version is being suggested here exactly? Cause I see there are two, the new one and the "classic".

View attachment 27386
it would be final.zip that I'm suggesting, there's "new" and classic(rc5a), not a clue what classic looks like and the screenshots showcase the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread