Completed [FF2/VSH] Changes to vsh_weapon_storage (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMedicFully

Donator
Contributor
Hi, I'm suggesting the removal of the water on Weaponstorage, it only encounters delaying and leads to teamkilling.
Theres not much to say than telling you that It's a really bad feature.

Outdated now, read Kruphixx's post at the bottom!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Dumb
Reactions: Macko
The map has been out for 3 years, it always existed and way back then people didnt complain about it so there is no reason to change it now, we should rather change other maps that are unplayable otherwise such as military area (example)

The map has been out for 3 years, it always existed and way back then people didnt complain about it so there is no reason to change it now, we should rather change other maps that are unplayable otherwise such as military area (example)
Just because no one has ever complained it doesn't mean that it should not get improved balance wise and not reduce the delay cause of the water including the ridiculous amount of teamkills has happened??

• Disagree
Just because no one has ever complained it doesn't mean that it should not get improved balance wise and not reduce the delay cause of the water including the ridiculous amount of teamkills has happened??
1673361259719.png

I`ll just pull this up

I guess you favour "UPDATING" some maps rather than others. I can assure you that delays dont last for days but rather a mere minute which compared to 20+ rounds we get on the map, because most of the hales are inexperienced, doesnt actually amount to anything. Teamkilling wise, people who cant tell that the storage gate starts rising which indicates the upcoming water too after a few rounds on the map isnt really the maps fault, plus the water blocks a hale choking part of the map since without water most hales get pwned in less than 3 minutes

View attachment 25994
I`ll just pull this up

I guess you favour "UPDATING" some maps rather than others. I can assure you that delays dont last for days but rather a mere minute which compared to 20+ rounds we get on the map, because most of the hales are inexperienced, doesnt actually amount to anything. Teamkilling wise, people who cant tell that the storage gate starts rising which indicates the upcoming water too after a few rounds on the map isnt really the maps fault, plus the water blocks a hale choking part of the map since without water most hales get pwned in less than 3 minutes
I don't want maps updated in my favour, it's just a bad feature that should have been removed long time ago, also nice off topic that has nothing to do with the suggestion lol

EDIT: also, worth mentioning that several people want it removed so i don't get ur point

• Dumb
I don't want maps updated in my favour, it's just a bad feature that should have been removed long time ago, also nice off topic that has nothing to do with the suggestion lol
It has everything to do with the suggestion because it shows a part of your character that prefers updating specific map mechanics rather than other maps in general that are already waiting to be updated for weeks.
The water isnt a bad feature, it is a bad feature for people who like farming points on low-skilled hales (apart from some classes you are quite fond of playing stompy soldier on that map, specifically in the pit area where the water rises, concidence?).

It has everything to do with the suggestion because it shows a part of your character that prefers updating specific map mechanics rather than other maps in general that are already waiting to be updated for weeks.
The water isnt a bad feature, it is a bad feature for people who like farming points on low-skilled hales (apart from some classes you are quite fond of playing stompy soldier on that map, specifically in the pit area where the water rises, concidence?).
I obviously suggest a removal if it bothers me and other regulars across the VSH and FF2 servers, It doesn't tell you anything about my "character", I'm making people a favor in suggesting the removal of the water.
Okay so, you're judging me cause i play stomping Soldier on a bad overlayed map? It's like as if Snipers are abusing Dustshowdown's bad map overlay because of the fact that it's a huge open map.

Just because someone finds certain thing annoying, it doesn't justify it's removal. It just isn't good enough argument. Same with several things that have been changed or removed from the server in the past several months. weapon_storage was always fine. Rising water was also a-OKAY and fun gimmick to play around with and It was the case for many years, just like Macko mentioned. IMO

• Agree
I obviously suggest a removal if it bothers me and other regulars across the VSH and FF2 servers, It doesn't tell you anything about my "character", I'm making people a favor in suggesting the removal of the water.
Okay so, you're judging me cause i play stomping Soldier on a bad overlayed map? It's like as if Snipers are abusing Dustshowdown's bad map overlay because of the fact that it's a huge open map.
By suggesting this youre doing a favor to a specific group of players that tend to abuse map weaknesses, in this case that death pit area, I dont judge you for playing anything, I just want to show that youre in that beforementioned group of players and that your mind instantly gravitates towards removing a barely hostile map feature, rather than, for example, suggesting that the death pit receives another change, for instance a garage of sorts with cargo and stuff, balanced for hales and reds. Newbies who try fighting reds on the map cant really fight their way out of that pit without being a teleport hale that, by the RNG luck, gets teleported up on the other side of the map far away from that round end-er, OR being submerged in the water so that they can build their rage and make themselves invisible for reds that dont know where the hale can come from, which gives them a chance to jump up and attack them from behind. Dustshowdown update has been voted for a long time ago and it still hasnt been implemented, but people agree that prioritising that over a mere water damage (less that 20hp loss per second btw) is a no-brainer.

Even though I fully agreed to the previous vote of removing the water, I suppose the ''Only Hale'' option should work.
The water has proven in my personal experience more of an annoyance rather than any type of benefit & or something cool.
It actively enables some people to just troll and hinder anyone else's fun. It also has the great benefit of making some Hales even more miserable.

Anyway, lol, vote changed

• Agree
Reactions: UberMedicFully
Partially denying water sounds better than erasing it completely, but it should be clearly indicated to hale that he can activate it and where to find the lever (Allowing only him to be able to activate it can be done through team filters, as said by Berke). I`ll go for a yes. (Kevin update the maps)

storage.jpg

Updated the map, thanks to @Berke for giving me the map file.

Added to task #257 VSH / FF2 - Add, Update and Remove Maps

Attachments

• vsh_weapon_storage_b1_panda.bsp
    30 MB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread