Declined [FF2] The mobility menaces (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autismo

Hello, this a quintet hale squad I decided to make, since why not.
quintet squad.png

all of these hales use very basic rages, not a single one stuns players (sentries get stunned for 5 seconds), one doesn't stun nor have a rage at all, 4/5 use mobility options by weapon whilst 1/5 uses both weapon and dynamic jump for mobility, each half is divided into stock and gimmick.
from left to right:

all hales use the same health formula (((760.8+n)*(n-1))^1.0341)+1089)/4.5 except dummy which is (((1000.8+n)*(n-1))^1.0341)+1089)/4; none of them use weighdown (other than dummy but I don't know what the weighdown is for this ff2's server, which I would add)

Uses ffbat_defaults https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=313008
ff2_tfcond https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=263598
ff2_dynamic_defaults https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=258090
ffbat_publicpack https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=318612
ff2_servercommandrage https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=200411

Conqueror Finnegan:
Uses a sticky jumper for mobility, max movement speed at 280;
bombs fizzle after 1.3 seconds
clip of 6
ammo is regenerated every 5 seconds
no self damage from stickybombs

Melee damage reduced by -65% (this'll be for the 4 other hales)
crits whilst blast jumping
+30% push force reduction

Rage: summons 2 300hp loose cannon jumping demomen with a clip of 4 and a ammo capacity of 30
-50% damage reduction on melee

General ranger:
Uses a original for mobility, max movement speed at 240;
same deal with the sticky jumper and melee

Rage: a no spread rapid fire shotgun
+95% fire rate
-95% damage reduction
100 clip

Dummy:
maximum movement speed (520):
uses dynamic jump on a 15s cd and melee self damage to jump high
-50% damage reduction
+30% knockback reduction

outlaw:
Uses the beggar's bazooka for mobility, max movement speed at 240;
repeat the melee formula from before

Rage: summons 2 300hp jumper bazooka soldiers with a ammo capacity of 40
(I didn't know what to do with this, so I repeated it again with Finnegan)

Dina:
Uses a ff2 attributed detonator for mobility (doesn't deal damage), movement speed is 340;
Melee deals crits on burning and whilst blast jumping

Rage: ignites all players and grants a dragon's fury with a clip of 8 (stuns sentries for 6 seconds)

Themes:
Fatboy Silm: Ya Mama
Justice: Genesis
Traci lords: Control (instrumental)
(dina also has a theme in the config and some others may also, I can't recall, dummy is the parent hale for all of the hales and I've never really done a duo let alone a quintet one, so I don't know if the latter configs that use their own music files will play)

Download link (includes download pathways also)

Might be a bit too chaotic with having anything beyond duo bosses…
In my opinion, you should include duo & single entity variants of these hales.

But beyond that, I have nothing else to critic.
They seem pretty well put together, the abilities fit them, and the only ones I can genuinely say I find irritating to look at are the third and fifth one.

Reactions: Aerial
Might be a bit too chaotic with having anything beyond duo bosses…
In my opinion, you should include duo & single entity variants of these hales.

But beyond that, I have nothing else to critic.
They seem pretty well put together, the abilities fit them, and the only ones I can genuinely say I find irritating to look at are the third and fifth one.
I'd make duos or such wise for these hales if not for my lack of creativity, so I opted for this instead since making lighter abilitied hales is more in my field.
3rd one (dummy) is a blight to look at but I think it would work better in that favour since it's going to be charging at people at max movement speed, the pyro also fits because it showcases the general idea of a pyro "main" even if it's utterly disgusting to look at.

the thing is that I've already posted a hale that sticky jumps and in the future major crits may get a change to the mobility to base it around bazooka jumping instead of using the grappling hook plus the teleport, so making these hales singular would more or so be in vein in my opinion, but as a duo (finnegan and ranger) might be good.

pyro's the only one that could use a few new abelites to become a standalone hale; dummy is something I would make inline as a joke hale, necromashing people 25 times over the course of 12 seconds, getting rapid rocket launchers that spray rockets in all directions and maybe even force rtding everyone; outlaw doesn't have much of a point as a hale if major crits gets the treatment I've already stated.

I've decided to edit this hale and make it more inline than random, it's now a guartet based lineup instead of a quintet.
The mobility mences v2.png

nothing has been changed for two of these hales other than health values since it's no longer a 5 hale lineup

uses only one new plugin compared to the op: temp melee weapon https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=2411222

Green one: massachusetts knight
same gameplay style as dummy but now with a rage

health formula (((1000.8+n)*(n-1))^1.0341)+1089)/3.0
rage forumla (333.7+n)*((n-1)^0.4657)+1900)/2.8 (probably going to need tweaks)
440 movement speed

uses a no damage force of nature for mobility
rune blade for self damage knockback
does 107 damage per swing, which is probably going to need another reduction
+30% knockback resistance
-50% self damage force (because of the self damage value, will need another reduction possibly if self hitting sends you flying)

I would add a weighdown for this one but I don't know what the serverside one here is.

Rage:
Gains uber charge, megaheal, haste and agility for 8 seconds and stuns sentries for 5.25s

Yellow: St. john turner
A cannon knight gameplay based hale
376 movement speed (+10% movement speed on melee, should probably be removed)
health formula (((760.8+n)*(n-1))^1.0341)+1089)/3.7
rage formula (333.7+n)*((n-1)^0.4657)+1900)/2.9
Cannon:
can double donk but won't deal any damage, -75% primary ammo reduction, +50% ammo regen
Tide turner: (I do not know if demopan uses weapon2 tf_wearable_demoshield on this server and works perfectly fine, so if not please change it to how demopan currently is but with no extra charge recharge rate)
just a tide turner, no reductions, you lose charge when taking damage
Cosmetic sword:
An eyelander that doesn't have an extended range value
+50% knockback resistance
crits become minicrits

Rage:
Gains a temporary Claidheamh Mòr that grants charging for the maximum duration of the rage (12 seconds) and grants 3.25s of uber
+90% charge recharge rate
has sword range
+10% damage (as compared to the your normal hale weapon)
Flyingbits effect

both other hales haven't been changed other than:
General: /3.5 to health, /2.7 to rage
Finnegan: /3.4 to health, /3.3

uses the same music in the OP.

Download (has pathways)
(download link in op is dead)

• Creative
Reactions: Otis
This is just for the other hales I've suggested previously, given them some updates so they'll work since somethings (ams: ability manager system) may've caused issues if left as it is.
the crew.png

I didn't make the two latter models recently, very much years prior, rattleton is green whilst on the blu team (and no his feet don't bend upwards when doing that, that is the sword swing animation also, but it does turn the sword sideways but regardless of that)

Changes:
Pretty much everything is the same aside from a few tweaks
Rope: 4.0s cd
I balanced this around me previously (6.5s cd), not in consideration for others but me, this hale will need time to settle in before changes can be made, most people who'll use the rope will have problems at first but later on things can be changed
Rage: grenade launcher now has a 125 clip, same damage (15), crit boosts for 3.5s on kill, (boner in the middle is the used model) summons 10 skeletons from the red team to aid him (deals only 24? damage per swing but has +50% firing speed)
necromancy, 20% rage needed: summons the blue skeleton that has maxed movement speed like the orange skeleton, slightly faster swinging speed but deals 56 damage per swing and has 500hp
Rattleton needs to take 2500 damage to rage (that's really low), which will need to be neutered.

Theme songs: (I forgot to mention these but I've changed them)
Crocodile caecotrophy - donkey kong country 2
Gangplank galleon - donkey kong country
Rattle me Dragonlady - mewtendoo

Hardware:
hardwareinsane.png

I gave him an uber texture, other than it looking terrible:

please also refer to this https://www.panda-community.com/threads/ff2-hardware-rage-change-if-the-hale-gets-in.30702/ this is also still apart of the hale.
Changes:
I've changed the ammo capacity for the launcher to just -50% and have 25% ammo regen, bombs fizzle after 2.3s, I've gotten rid of the slower reload speed, like I've said before for rattleton this is just in consideration for other players, changes come after a more general idea has formed
Rage:
no longer stuns on rage
now gets 6s of uber on rage
summon 8 sticky jumpers to your team, no melee weapons nor weapons, just a sticky jumper with 40 hp, +90% crit resistance, 500 clip, no fall damage, 1.3s bomb fizzle time and +75% bullet resistance but you take additionally +1000% explosive damage, plus 3s of invulnerability when spawned.

Themes:
Necros - Isotoxin
Necros - Energia
Necros - Mechanism Eight

I've also given royal a uber texture despite the hale not even having a uber (the purple texture was always there for blue team), nothing else really.
degroot.png

Plugins used:
sarysa's private plugins (rattleton): https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=309245
ff2_sarysapub3a (I don't know if this is epic scout related or not but the server already has this plugin)
ff2_dynamic_defaults
ffbat_publicpack https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=318612
ff2_servercommandrage https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=200411
ff2_movespeed https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=263939
default_abilities
royal and rattleton also still use the old weighdown, download paths also were missing some paths originally which I've fixed.
The original post for these hales' download links still work but regardless

Rattleton
Hardware
Degroot

I could probably post this as a thread but since the old one is archived and waiting for approval I'd prefer not filling the catalog up with a needless thread that're for minor changes at best, so I'll put it here instead.

So talking with Kevin we are at a limit here to how many ff2 bosses we have set for panda community. Suggestions of more bosses will have to be put on hold(or pending for a very long time / may not ever get done) until the current roster decreases.

Would be better if instead of suggesting to add, that new bosses replace old ones such as the spyper suggestion.

I have not read this entire thread as it's a lot take in , but I gotta say I didn't think you could have 5 bosses on the same round :pepega:

So question is what am I to do with this suggestion. I'm assuming the last thread mentions something for a current pending suggestion on three bosses. Those update files? Do they need to go onto the old suggestion as the files on that suggestion are outdated?

So talking with Kevin we are at a limit here to how many ff2 bosses we have set for panda community. Suggestions of more bosses will have to be put on hold(or pending for a very long time / may not ever get done) until the current roster decreases.

Would be better if instead of suggesting to add, that new bosses replace old ones such as the spyper suggestion.

I have not read this entire thread as it's a lot take in , but I gotta say I didn't think you could have 5 bosses on the same round :pepega:

So question is what am I to do with this suggestion. I'm assuming the last thread mentions something for a current pending suggestion on three bosses. Those update files? Do they need to go onto the old suggestion as the files on that suggestion are outdated?
the old suggestion still links to the "new" files (updated on may 16th) so it's fine as it is.
as for what you said, replacing old ones with the ones I have, only hardware, rattleton and degroot would fit best given that the roster is full (and that the concurrent mobility menace is still 4 hales large).
for the hales (personally) I'd trade a slot for by replacement is:
human sentry buster | because it's identical to Zerstorer but worse
Energineer or beep man | enegineer is just really bad (not design wise but just gameplay wise, loses a majority of the rounds), beep man because of the same problems as energineer faces but no where near as bad; if polled I'd suggest the replacing of energineer ultimately
the human sandvich | because st. heffe's life loss is a better version of it, plus the hale gets picked much much more.
priority wise if a vote goes through and for whom should be added:
rattleton 1st
hardware 2nd
degroot 3rd
that is all.

Human Sentry is a buffed version of Zerstorer, I don't know where you got this Information lol.
Human Sandvich is completely fine.
Energineer and Beep-Man are also completely fine, no purpose of removing these bosses.
I could see Hatsune Miku go or Easter Bunny or probably even Raptor Spy/Daft Duo.
However, we may stick to DUO bosses only, above that is just chaos.

Human Sentry is a buffed version of Zerstorer, I don't know where you got this Information lol.
Human Sandvich is completely fine.
Energineer and Beep-Man are also completely fine, no purpose of removing these bosses.
I could see Hatsune Miku go or Easter Bunny or probably even Raptor Spy/Daft Duo.
However, we may stick to DUO bosses only, above that is just chaos.
I wasn't suggesting the addition of the mobility menaces in the text field, it's too large if kevin says that the roster is full, there isn't much of a reason to cull 2 duos or 4 hales just for a bare bones quartet hale.
human sentry buster loses a mass majority of the rounds, it's just a really weak hale, that's why I don't see as much of a problem in the removal, even if the melee does more damage, I never see good players fare well with it, a good dragon's fury or loose cannon player can solo the hale to death since there's no stun.
Energineer is bad due to the windup of the rage giving everyone massive amounts of time to find cover, doesn't stun, the life loss is actually pretty alright, subability after life loss is nice but I never really see this hale succeed much, hale isn't specifically bad it's just that people prefer hales with more options to play with mobility wise or just have a way to kill people reliably (stun).
beep man is strong but weak depending if said hale doesn't know about the entangle (they don't usually) and ends up getting ripped apart or wins with less than 20% hp, not weak but never picked very much.
hatsune is fine, don't know why she isn't picked a bit, has a crit cleaver, a good force taunt ability, double jump and a infinite jump ability.
raptor and daft punk are identical in terms of rage but slightly different, I would choose raptor if given the option to.
easter bunny, I honestly don't know where to put this hale, the rage is shit but the melee kill egg crit drop makes this hale viable, this hale isn't bad but at the same time not good, but it's not something I'd trade for hardware or degroot.
rattleton is the only hale that I strongly believe to be liked majorly but slightly detested once good players have gotten comfortable with the rope.
degroot will be fine, launchers may be asked to be nerfed later on but his rage isn't specifically strong, quite a weak hale.
hardare is a special case where I don't know if everyone is going to be annoyed or fine with the hale, currently I think people will enjoy the side ability of summoning sticky jumpers with no damaging weapons will be fun, other than that I honestly have no idea.

but if the general opinion is that the hales I've listed are favoured, then changing to replacing the ones you've suggested should be good.
-Easter bunny
-Raptor spy
-Human sentry buster
-Daft punk
-Hatsune
for potential replacement.
I still think human sandvich should be one of the options but since it's favoured, sentry buster also but the hale is just bad, daft punk won't be removed regardless of the suggestion because I think people enjoy it.

As long a Hale can bring fun to gameplay in as playing against/as them, I see no reason not to replace any of the mentioned bosses but people like certain bosses because they maybe grew up with them in FF2 or similar.

So this has evolved into just getting the first 3 autismo suggested (https://www.panda-community.com/threads/ff2-rattleton-and-hardware.30517/) to replace 3 current bosses. I believe that is the best starting point for new bosses being introduced due to the boss limit.

As for this thread it's best to decline it due to lack of space. Let's just start with the first 3 and leave a bit of room for other bosses for other people to suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread