Completed [FF2] Rule Suggestion for Beep Man (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMedicFully

Donator
Contributor
Hi,

there has been confusions going around regarding Beep Man buildings.
You can use console commands to build as Beep Man and i find that absurd as you are originally supposed to hijack the Sentry and then steal it that way to make it your own Sentry.
However, @SharpTips had a conversation with the creator of Beep Man and they said this:

2008fcf1190ec957416156a2ac6452b6.png

31b406eefb6c768362e3b0c16b217c78.png

I had a conversation with them aswell several months ago where they said it's not intentional.
Here the screenshot of our conversation:

image.png

Anyway, the creator edited their post (Check this Thread) and made it a official thing now which seems pretty odd to me.
So, im suggesting a rule specifically for Beep Man only where you are not allowed to use console commands to build as Beep Man.
Also mainly because that people got warned and even banned for it so it would be fair to make this a official Rule here.

Don't forget the info included here!
Otherwise we're looking at it with 1 eye and not 2!
6fdb0f89ad2852e7c33073423d93d842.png

It was unintentional YEARS ago, and as they updated they declared it an official easter egg.
Unless it's written in specific in the rules that it's not allowed whilist the creator themselves said It's declared OFFICIAL, then I see no problems with using it.
Besides, I think a Mini-Sentry for him is a nice addition. Only exception might be not to build dispensers as him since they have 0 value with the exception of teleporters.

I mean sure, if the community doesn't want it(?), either make a vote to forbid that use or keep it as it is now.
Up until now there was this misunderstanding that it was not allowed because people lacked an official word from the author whether it's allowed or not. But looking at the image above I guess it's plenty.

Since that was never a problem, Koishi/93sHADoW never had a reason to update the post to mention that and their intentions to make it official. Now that I told them about the situation and confusion around the community regarding the usage of the buildings as BeepMan, they decided to update the post to make it clear for everyone.

a1ccb2bc82db7a7f340c8a142f5b5307.png

Don't forget the info included here!
Otherwise we're looking at it with 1 eye and not 2!
I already included that, no need to post it again

I already included that, no need to post it again
Alright, thank you.
In all honesty I don't see it as a major mechanic that deserves to be stomped on. It doesn't make the hale "EXTREMELY OPPRESSIVE!" or anything like that.
So why is it you're against it? I don't think I've ever heard your opinion about it! ;o;
Just because it's absurd?
Where's the dealbreaker, the big problem, an issue, something.

Though there doesn't HAVE to be an issue, one can simply decide they don't like the mechanic I suppose. But still, even if it gets up ending getting excluded and not allowed to use, I would still like to know your thoughts as to WHY it's a major issue.

Alright, thank you.
In all honesty I don't see it as a major mechanic that deserves to be stomped on. It doesn't make the hale "EXTREMELY OPPRESSIVE!" or anything like that.
So why is it you're against it? I don't think I've ever heard your opinion about it! ;o;
Just because it's absurd?
Not only that its absurd, its also because that its stupid that a boss can spam buildings and take advantage over that to win, i dont think its something a boss should have or be allowed to.
I like the idea more where you have to steal the hijacked sentry for it to be your own building
The major issue here is that he doesnt have a PDA to do this anytime he wants, so to me its an exploit that was stated by the creator as a official mechanic now because they dont know how to fix that.

Not only that its absurd, its also because that its stupid that a boss can spam buildings and take advantage over that to win, i dont think its something a boss should have or be allowed to.
I like the idea more where you have to steal the hijacked sentry for it to be your own building
A MINI-sentry does not secure you that many kills, I assure you that.
It was really hard for me to get my head wrapped around this idea of a mini-sentry posing such a huge threat to even experienced players.

To highlight panda community's current standing: That this is still considered an exploit / unintentional regardless of what the creator has said. This is to avoid any confusion and some of you naughty FF2 players thinking this is a free 10 day pass to do this as beepman :kappa:

A MINI-sentry does not secure you that many kills, I assure you that.
It was really hard for me to get my head wrapped around this idea of a mini-sentry posing such a huge threat to even experienced players.
If you know what you're doing, then it's a huge threat to anybody, even me or anyone who has more than 1k hours in FF2 only lol.
And also something to mention that Engi Pads are also a thing now and thats just straight up unfair and not fun to fight against.

To highlight panda community's current standing: That this is still considered an exploit / unintentional regardless of what the creator has said. This is to avoid any confusion and some of you naughty FF2 players thinking this is a free 10 day pass to do this as beepman :kappa:
If you know what you're doing, then it's a huge threat to anybody, even me or anyone who has more than 1k hours in FF2 only lol.
And also something to mention that Engi Pads are also a thing now and thats just straight up unfair and not fun to fight against.
That is a great point, if the hale the can use the pads for his own advantage, I TOTALLY would understand it.
As much as I love the idea of it, if it gets disapproved, we would need a strict written rule. But again great point there uber, pads really would mess up everything.

Reactions: Madact
Open the "s93_beepman.sp" file and remove the lines 165, 166, 167, 168 to fix it, they have "m_aBuildableObjectTypes" in them, you can still carry the converted sentries with this.

So the ideal situation is for those lines mentioned by Berke to be removed but for now a 'temporary' rule has been placed for FF2 regarding beepman in the general rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread