Completed [FF2] Reducing Goomba Stomp Damage (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ham

As we all know, Goomba Stomps are a thing for some reason in freak fortress, dealing 1830 damage on average. The stomps are landed way too often by trolldiers / any other high moblility class in general, so reducing its damage down to 500 should make it fair with how bosses usually get around 1000 health per player in the server.

Yeah, I was planning on suggesting this by my own, I agree with the damage nerf

As much as I wish to disagree and make a point against it, there's not a lot to say.
The mechanic is unfortunately very broken, and currently on big or small maps it's impossible to avoid when playing as Hale.
An example of such situation occurs almost on a daily basis; You the Hale having to fight an onslaught of people, focus on spies and at the same time focus on Soldiers/Scouts that have almost no problem (if correctly used) to Goomba Stomp you and flee the scene. Damage output of said Goombas usually from said classes are already a deciding factor on how the rest of the fight will go for the Hale. ((Very badly))

So with a very heavy heart, I suppose I agree with the suggestion at hand!

Reactions: Calte
I agree with the nerf but I think it should be 700-880 dmg instead of 500 so it pays out to trade a goomba for death because 500 damage can easily be achieved by any class with minimal effort and no goomba so it wouldnt be worth going for the goomba in the first place if it were set to 500.

• Disagree
Reactions: UberMedicFully
I agree with the nerf but I think it should be 700-880 dmg instead of 500 so it pays out to trade a goomba for death because 500 damage can easily be achieved by any class with minimal effort and no goomba so it wouldnt be worth going for the goomba in the first place if it were set to 500.
Here's the thing, you can do goombas easily when you play your cards right. This leads to some dumb scenarios where the boss dies when he didn't do anything wrong. 500 damage is fair considering a boss usually gets a little over 1000 health per player. Besides, Goomba stomps aren't supposed to be your main way of dealing damage, they're pretty much just a crutch for trolldiers and cocky scouts.

Now listen, Ik Trolldiers Are quite annoying for either stomping or running,

But lowering to 500 is too much imo,

if its nerfed to 650 - 700 it would be better.

At least worth the risk,
i won't get myself beside boss accidentally just trying to achieve 500, especially if i was scout.

besides, trolldiers are already on the nerf path.

If 650 - 700 or even as @Macko said to 880 were still high dmg, we could suggest to lower it again.

• Agree
Reactions: Macko
Minor reminder,

im mainly a VSH regular,
which my opinion might be Wrong, if the regulars of FF2 Said that it would be better to 500, then it is, but my previous reply is just my view as a VSH player.

Personally I think reducing the damage to 750 like on VSH would be good.

• Agree
Reactions: Aerial
I agree with Ham that the goomba stomps are outrageously high, but similarly that reducing it to 500 dmg is severely reducing the risk/benefit ratio, so I'd agree with Aerial that 650 - 700 might be more effective and then see how it goes, but that's just my opinion.

Reactions: Ham
Added a poll, hopefully it's good enough.

In case it's not obvious already, keep in mind that this would affect FF2 only.

Reactions: Aerial
Either way keeping it below 1000 should make it somewhat balanced, thank you for agreeing on decreasing the damage of this stupid mechanic.

It is pretty ridiculous that a single goomba can do 2k+ damage so imo 500 would be ok,or mayhaps 600 depending on the balance.

• Agree
Reactions: Calte and Otis
Screenshot 2023-01-26 183603.png

Damage will be reduced to 750 in one of the next FF2 updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread