Pending [FF2] Rattleton and hardware (1 Viewer)

Add these bosses

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autismo

These are a couple of hales I made 4 years ago when I was attempting to try my hand at making freaks, there are others but not as good at these ones, since I'm not going to do anything other than let them rot away, it's best if I suggest them here.

Hardware
hardware2.png

Health Formula (((760.8+n)*(n-1))^1.0341)+1089
Melee Damage 144 | crits while airborne
Max speed 280 (default for demoman)

Mobility

Uses a stickybomb launcher for mobility, deals no damage, +50% reloading speed, regenerates ammo

Abilities

Rage stuns enemies for 3.5 seconds (should be either retweaked to an uber for 3.5 seconds or reduce the duration to 2), applies quick fix uber and gives a loch n load that deals 180 damage per pipe (currently, it would be best if for anyone who's currently doing rebalances to neuter it)

DOESN'T HAVE A WEIGHDOWN

This is in consideration for the fact that the stickybomb launcher gives a maddening amount of moblity.

Uses only the bunny demoman config, has shadow93_abilities for roboticize but can be removed if need be.
only balance tweak I would suggest is making the stickybombs fizzle after a certain amount of time, 3 to 4 seconds so that people can't just lump a stack of over 3 stickies to catapult themselves across the map.

Download link (contains all materials needed)

Rattleton

rattleton.png

Health formula |currently doesn't have one, if the hale does get one it should have a small health pool to combat the hale's strengths)
Melee Damage 155
Max speed 280 HU

Abilities

Uses the rope ability from sarysa's mods. | refer to pipsqueak
Cooldown is 6.5 seconds (SHOULD BE INCREASED TO 8 IF CONSIDERED TOO POWERFUL)
Aiming angle -40.0

Uses the OLD weighdown, should be replaced with the newer one on this server and I highly advice doing so.

Rage: summons a pack of skeletons that move at 560 HU, have 100 hp, deal 26 damage per swing, has +50% firing speed (movement speed will need readjustments but it looks funny to spectate it) and gives a rapid fire grenade launcher that deals 15 damage per hit, has a very small blast radius, travels incredibly fast, crit boosts on kill (will probably need removal), grenades come from the center.

(can be removed) Sub ability: summons an elite skeleton, costs 20 rage.
Same damage as hale (will need to be retweaked)
Movement speed (I don't know what the maximum speed cap is but the value is 100, will need to be decreased)
Jumps twice as high
+50% firing speed
500 hp
takes no falling damage

Teleports back to spawn when taking environmental damage.

probably the most unique one.

Download link

For rattleton, are the skeletons going to be players? If not, then they won't move because VSH maps most likely don't have navmesh support

Just remembered this hale, it's probably the most insane one

Degroot royal
hammertime.png

yes that is the weapon model.

Health formula (((760.8+n)*(n-1))^1.0341)+1089
Melee damage 206
movement speed 280

Abilities

Old weighdown, needs replacing

dynamic super jump, 5 second cooldown with a 1.5s charge time

Rage: random weapon, gives a random stock demoman primary, no extra stats (loch n load uses the old +20% damage bonus instead of building damage), uses sarysa's mods (ff2_sarysapubs3a); applies 470 movement speed for 8 seconds, a quick fix uber and necro smashes all players on the map upon rage (ff2_servercommandrage/sm_smash I.E that one touhou hale that goes invis)

Clarification about rattleton skeleton rage, they're all player skeletons, not npc skeletons.

Download link

Hardware would be rather annoying to catch once he masters the sticky jumping, but the concept is nice at least.

Rattleton would be really cool in my opinion, though he seems quite reliant on his rage abilities, as the 155 dmg strikes at normal speed would be a pain for the boss.

Degroot Royal seems to be a rather slow hale without rage, making him rely on his winding up super jump, but the necro smash everyone would be pretty funny... But also really loud.

Overall I'd say these are not bad concepts and already prepped for playing, so perhaps if there's space for more bosses in the roster, the admins could add in a poll.

• Agree
Reactions: Otis
Hardware would be rather annoying to catch once he masters the sticky jumping, but the concept is nice at least.

Rattleton would be really cool in my opinion, though he seems quite reliant on his rage abilities, as the 155 dmg strikes at normal speed would be a pain for the boss.

Degroot Royal seems to be a rather slow hale without rage, making him rely on his winding up super jump, but the necro smash everyone would be pretty funny... But also really loud.

Overall I'd say these are not bad concepts and already prepped for playing, so perhaps if there's space for more bosses in the roster, the admins could add in a poll.
that is true, especially for large open maps since he can cover one sector to the other in less than 4 seconds, the only suggestion is either giving him a health pool slightly lower than that of demopan's (10% - 15% lower), rage giving uber for 3.85 seconds and a stun for 2 seconds but needing to take 18% of his health pool in damage to use it, I think I do recall that the weapon on rage has a ammo capacity of 16 or 12, damage output should be altered to 145 for 12 and 155 for 9 ammo, I'd also like to suggest making the blast radius smaller so you can't just dump your 3 clip load immediately on rage to implode a group, if they're really stacked then they'll all die in the process.
bit nitpicky of me but if hardware does get a weighdown please make the method use the reload button over the crouch button due to the raw nature of jumping in general with the player being always crouched, give it a 10 second cooldown also.

The reason for rattleton having piss poor damage and a demoman hus speed is because the rope is the most strongest mobility option I've played with back then, you'll need to see it first hand to understand why I'm giving this hale a gimped ground mobility in compensation.
About the crits on kill for the grenade launcher, I would suggest the 869 attribute (crits become minicrits) for the melee weapon when it's active due to the fact that you get 10s of crits for a grenade kill which I think would be a better idea for the grenade launcher than having the sword dealing massive amounts of damage (despite the grenade launcher having no blast radius)

degroot royal may need a speed buff as you've stated but I feel that the rage giving a launcher makes up for it, this is just how I feel but with how some of the classes having great deals of mobility I feel it would be good to maybe readjust it to 320 or 340.

as for the poll, I don't know how it'll be structured since I've given 3 hales, it would mean 11 options to choose from, singular options, a choice between two which is 6 options (rattleton + hardware | degroot + rattleton), all 3 of them together and a "don't want them" option.
as for how long the poll should go on for I don't really know, a week from today or the 18th of this month would allow for enough time to cast a vote.

that is true, especially for large open maps since he can cover one sector to the other in less than 4 seconds, the only suggestion is either giving him a health pool slightly lower than that of demopan's (10% - 15% lower), rage giving uber for 3.85 seconds and a stun for 2 seconds but needing to take 18% of his health pool in damage to use it, I think I do recall that the weapon on rage has a ammo capacity of 16 or 12, damage output should be altered to 145 for 12 and 155 for 9 ammo, I'd also like to suggest making the blast radius smaller so you can't just dump your 3 clip load immediately on rage to implode a group, if they're really stacked then they'll all die in the process.
bit nitpicky of me but if hardware does get a weighdown please make the method use the reload button over the crouch button due to the raw nature of jumping in general with the player being always crouched, give it a 10 second cooldown also.

The reason for rattleton having piss poor damage and a demoman hus speed is because the rope is the most strongest mobility option I've played with back then, you'll need to see it first hand to understand why I'm giving this hale a gimped ground mobility in compensation.
About the crits on kill for the grenade launcher, I would suggest the 869 attribute (crits become minicrits) for the melee weapon when it's active due to the fact that you get 10s of crits for a grenade kill which I think would be a better idea for the grenade launcher than having the sword dealing massive amounts of damage (despite the grenade launcher having no blast radius)

degroot royal may need a speed buff as you've stated but I feel that the rage giving a launcher makes up for it, this is just how I feel but with how some of the classes having great deals of mobility I feel it would be good to maybe readjust it to 320 or 340.

as for the poll, I don't know how it'll be structured since I've given 3 hales, it would mean 11 options to choose from, singular options, a choice between two which is 6 options (rattleton + hardware | degroot + rattleton), all 3 of them together and a "don't want them" option.
as for how long the poll should go on for I don't really know, a week from today or the 18th of this month would allow for enough time to cast a vote.
I see I see. Yeah some playtesting would be in order.

As for the poll, A simple "Add x/ don't add x" would work. Though I believe now the poll can only be made by a forum admin, which miiiight take a while.

I've made a poll with 3 choices. Best way to make sure that, if one of them isn't wanted, then it'll be clear.

Please note that I am unsure if Kevin is open to adding more bosses. I'll task it up after results unless told otherwise.

Some changes to hardware since I feel that the stickyjumping is going to be unhinged if he ends up being added and I feel the changes still won't be good enough
stickybomb launcher
-20% reloading speed
-57% max ammo capacity
+25% clip size
originally apart of it: +10% ammo regeneration every 5 seconds on wearer (this doesn't work for the grenade launcher; I may either scrap the regenerative ammo design and go for a bigger clip size that gets entirely regenerated upon rage so that you have a limited amount of jumps before running out dry completely, for now if it doesn't work if the hale goes through I would say reduce the max ammo capacity to -75% to -80% and ammo regen to +20%)
rage now stuns for 2.50s, applies a 7 second quickfix uber and a 2.50s ubercharge
Loch n load
+25% movement speed bonus whilst active
155 damage per pipe
clip is the same and has a ammo capacity of 6

cfg download

about rattleton's grenade launcher, I forgot it had a clip of 500 and shoots PER game tick due to having a very high firing stat (I would like to keep the latter since it's very very fun to use), I would like to recommend changing the clip to 200 or 175 (or lower since that's 3000 damage out of nowhere, not factoring in crits on kill) since it's not like the easter bunny's case where it just unloads completely upon rage with it also going completely straight, also maybe add a damage nerf to 10 per grenade, if kevin says yes to adding rattleton that is.

So if Kevin is open to adding all 3 of these then they'll get added. If only one, best voted is Rattleton

1681926810274.png

Task #273 FF2 - Add, delete and/ or update bosses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread