Completed [FF2] Disable the ‘Rocket Jumper’ (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otis

Donator
As it stands, the Rocket Jumper combined with the Mantreads have almost no downside whatsoever.
This brings a plethora of problems, from delaying to trolling to outright being useless.
Issues me and other people have witnessed is the partial to almost complete lack of self-damage on Rocket Jumps and Fall damage. This wouldn’t be much of an issue if ’Goombas' wouldn’t exist, but as it stands, they do, and Soldier rounds in every way become an annoyance.
There’s NO risk at all for a soldier. He doesn’t need a medic after every 3-4 rocket jumps. And even if he does, he most likely lost roundabout 30hp overall after jumping for the past 10 minutes.
Even if somehow the Soldier misses his Market Garden / Goomba, he can easily just get away with no HP concerns and try literally 3 seconds later. (after reloading his weapon)

I know I’m probably a hypocrite for suggesting this to begin with, considering I also used the Mantreads/Rocket Jumper quite often. But this should ultimately just prove the direness and stupidity of this combination.

A quote from a friend Space (STEAM_0:1:94962557) and his personal opinion:
‘’he's either a class that does 0 damage and just rocket jumps around the boss for the entire round, as a stalling tactic, and the boss can't catch him because of that lack of self damage
or does easily over 3000 with little to no risk other than the boss immediately raging after he lands''

Another one from my friend Estyle (STEAM_0:0:98769486):
''I firmly believe that this combo is overpowered due to its high mobility and no drawback at all. A lot of games could've been ended much earlier than they actually lasted, but instead the whole lobby is supposed to watch this 'entertaining' gameplay of some trolldier, who just rockets jumps away from the hale all the time. This combo's mobility or the damage of the gardener should be nerfed to avoid the unfair advantage for the hale and to shorten the endgame of the rounds.''

This is just some people I asked…
I'm open for other people's opinions, and I know people have a different story to tell. So I hope we'll see some of it!

(Also, I'm unsure if I'm supposed to add a poll or not from the get-go, so I'll just leave it out for now?)

Reactions: Aerial
I agree, it should be disabled, but i do think its funny goofy mechanic and all but, not when i see last two to three players using it around and wasting at least 5 min of the match, so i prefer it to be disabled too yea, but this will piss off many fans of it so disabling it isn't the the best solution, maybe just add some changes,
like fall dmg increase.

could make it so the Rocket Jumper and Mantreads can't be on the same loadout, would force trolldiers to play less risky and make them have to do damage with secondary

Reactions: Otis
I would rather reduce the force push you get from the mantreads when having the rocket jumper equipped.

• Agree
Reactions: Otis and Aerial
i think the main issue like Otis said that it almost has NO downside what so ever
either reduce the jump distance or increase the fall dmg.

Well, personally, as you've probably seen in the Otis' post, I find Rocket Jumping way too overpowered. Combined with the 'Goomba', trolldiers deal ridiculous amount of damage, for they don't have to be very precise to get a hit. So, I'm voting for removing the Rocket Jumper entirely, just because reducing the force push or increasing the fall damage wouldn't nerf the Trolldier enough.

rocket jumper on its own is just aids if you dont get shoveled to death you need to catch those annoying flies around the map if they remain last and if you dont have a jumping boss you get stuck with them on a high point or you need to solo rage them to win

had to chase a soldier some days ago on military i think thats whay the map was the smal map with the middle tower for 4 min cause he kept jumping away so a nerf i would surely enjoy to avoid these painfull long rounds

Reactions: Aerial and Otis
rocket jumper on its own is just aids if you dont get shoveled to death you need to catch those annoying flies around the map if they remain last and if you dont have a jumping boss you get stuck with them on a high point or you need to solo rage them to win

had to chase a soldier some days ago on military i think thats whay the map was the smal map with the middle tower for 4 min cause he kept jumping away so a nerf i would surely enjoy to avoid these painfull long rounds
In that regard we could just add a rule for soldiers that intentionally delay the game like that. even without the rocket jumper they would delay on military

voting For disable it, not because its overpowered, im voting to disable it because its Tedious to catch the last few ones. ofc if you have the right boss to catch them...

voting For disable it, not because its overpowered, im voting to disable it because its Tedious to catch the last few ones. ofc if you have the right boss to catch them...
because some... are just not possible.

we will try uber's attempt first and if thats still not enough i will disable it.
meanwhile marking this as done, we'll give it a month or so to see if it resolves the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread