FF2 bug. Kinda important. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEXASSTYLE

Noticed a bug on the ff2 server.
me and another guy was playing as Daftpunk gold/silver and we killed everyone. altough it still said there was 1 red left. used the command /beacon @red and it targeted (targetted?) me. as it is the other guy picked the duo bosses and I had picked MLG sniper. Not sure but It could have something with that to do.

Don't really have that much details about this that could matter but if there's anyone who have seen this bug before I would be glad if you would write the details about that one in a reply.

I've only seen this bug happen to daftpunk duo bosses.

Why I say this bug is kinda important is mostly because of delaying the game. and as the boss's can't suicide by themselves it might be a little bit bad if the timer doesn't go off.

Hmm Not seen this one, But I have seen with Duo bosses, Daft punks and Seeman and Seeldier, SOmetimes when one of the dies the other dies too ending the round evry quickly and often ruining the round as one guy could be a huge scrub!

then its either a bug with the bosses/shit ff2 itself, props to the creators

It's not really a problem if it only happens once, I have never seen this bug before from my experience with FF2 and I have played it for years now. The bug is probably a extremely rare one.

But I've nothced that there are more bugs with the duo bosses than it is with other hales. The one I'm currently thinking of only happens to Seeman, I think; In some rare occasions when Seeman die before Seeldier, he instantly gets respawned again with 1 HP, over and over again. It might be a good idea to remove duo bosses and let them play solo, if the bugs are so much of a problem. Of course we would have to give them more health and stuff, because if we don't they would probably have around 10k HP vs 24 players. Etc.

It's not really a problem if it only happens once, I have never seen this bug before from my experience with FF2 and I have played it for years now. The bug is probably a extremely rare one.

But I've nothced that there are more bugs with the duo bosses than it is with other hales. The one I'm currently thinking of only happens to Seeman, I think; In some rare occasions when Seeman die before Seeldier, he instantly gets respawned again with 1 HP, over and over again. It might be a good idea to remove duo bosses and let them play solo, if the bugs are so much of a problem. Of course we would have to give them more health and stuff, because if we don't they would probably have around 10k HP vs 24 players. Etc.
I haven't seen this but I have seen what Broski stated, all the duo bosses are sharing hp, but not sharing if that makes sense (let me try to explain it)

Seeldier - 2k hp
Seeman - 2k hp

Should either one of them die, lose their 2k health, the other player is also killed and it counts as a loss for the blu team. It wasn't really a thing before the most recent tf2 update (the one that made gangplank be removed) and I was wondering if it was something Kevin changed in the code or whether the update has broken the duo bosses. I'd hate to see them removed as it adds a little bit of variety into the gamemode, rather than being hunted by one, you have to check your back for the second.

I suggest we find the reason why (optimistic I know) but I don't know what else to do other than to remove them until the bug is fixed, unless, Kevin has changed the code and thats the reason, but it's highly unlikely.

Maybe that's not a bug, the Daft Punk must fight together.
Fantasies of the creators.

all the duo bosses are sharing hp
I'm not fully sure about this, but from what I've seen duo bosses are not sharing hp. Each of them have separate config files with their own variables (not really sure if that's what they're called), and the only thing that make them into a duo is because of one single line in each of their config files that are telling the FF2 plugin that the boss has a partner.

Should either one of them die, lose their 2k health, the other player is also killed and it counts as a loss for the blu team.
I know.

or whether the update has broken the duo bosses
TF2 updates break all custom game modes. I'm not surprised.

I suggest we find the reason why (optimistic I know) but I don't know what else to do other than to remove them until the bug is fixed, unless, Kevin has changed the code and thats the reason, but it's highly unlikely.
I'm afraid that we need to wait until someone release a fix for the FF2 plugin. I doubt we're going to find the problem ourselves before that happens, anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: Chillix
I've

I've gotten it twice now lol. cant remember what boss it was back then... Might have been seeman and seeldier

I've

I've gotten it twice now lol. cant remember what boss it was back then... Might have been seeman and seeldier
It is the Seeldier seeman pair Ive seen it with them once.

How about my theory?

Yep.
Anyone noticed me.
:'C
Please add something useful to the discussion (yes my notice me senpai wasn't too helpful) but it was supposed to get you to post something helpful. If we need to comment on what you've put we will, please stop begging for attention.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Kah and CiroBishop
I wasn't asking attention, I just tried to be helpful with that theory.

• Disagree
Reactions: mermite
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread