Completed [FF2] Add crits to hybrid demo (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki.

Donator
So hear me out, this might seem broken at first, but from my experience I feel like here hybrid demo is kind of underpowered and it would be nice for him to have crits for his primary. I'm not saying to add crits to normal demo's primaries, but only when the shield is equipped. I've played on a lot of servers that had this enabled in the past and it's really not overpowered. I don't think there's more to say so I'll end this here.

definitely not, makes zero sense to use stickybomb if you are even decently good with pipes at that point. free get out of death with crit pipes > waiting for hale to find you and your sticky trap

definitely not, makes zero sense to use stickybomb if you are even decently good with pipes at that point. free get out of death with crit pipes > waiting for hale to find you and your sticky trap
Dude I said It's enabled if you have a shield equipped

Not for default demo, but for hybrid demoknight.

Dude I said It's enabled if you have a shield equipped

Not for default demo, but for hybrid demoknight.
shield is a free hit from boss, having crit pipes with shield and eyelander would be 1000% better than no crit pipes, stickybomb launcher and melee

shield is a free hit from boss, having crit pipes with shield and eyelander would be 1000% better than no crit pipes, stickybomb launcher and melee
Seems you haven't really played the gamemode enough to know, and you've never gotten to actually experience it being enabled in game. The fact is Hybrid demoknight is inferior to full demoknight since he can take more damage from bosses and is overall better at melee and also inferior to default demo, which can place crit boosted sticky traps... That's why on a lot of servers demo with a shield also had crits on his primary. That gave him better damage output without being overpowered.

Seems you haven't really played the gamemode enough to know, and you've never gotten to actually experience it being enabled in game. The fact is Hybrid demoknight is inferior to full demoknight since he can take more damage from bosses and is overall better at melee and also inferior to default demo, which can place crit boosted sticky traps... That's why on a lot of servers demo with a shield also had crits on his primary. That gave him better damage output without being overpowered.
I have over 1000 hours of just ff2 and VSH over my time playing tf2, so don't act like I don't know shit. I would only use hybrid for the fact of that shield breaks upon getting hit by boss and saves you (if it doesn't anymore then disregard) but I always felt I was better with pipes than stickies, and getting crits for them and having a charge instead of a stickybomb launcher is a massive bonus. not to mention, loose cannon with head speed and crits would be pain if the demo knows how to hit his shots

You are saying it would be a pain and I get why you would think that, but have you actually ever played on a server that has this ? I didn't mean you haven't played it enough to know the mechanics of the gamemode, but more of not having experience with servers that have this.

You are saying it would be a pain and I get why you would think that, but have you actually ever played on a server that has this ? I didn't mean you haven't played it enough to know the mechanics of the gamemode, but more of not having experience with servers that have this.
Yes I have, a good amount of them. Its one of the most played setups. (Back when I used to play ff2/vsh only) the demo pipe mains would usually always be top damage when there wasn't good snipers/spies.

Well that's good and seems you had different experience with it compared to me. It's word against word anyways so the results of the poll will decide. Even if it would be as bad as you said, it could always be reverted.

As much i like Hybrid Knight, giving him Minicrits would be the maximum and constantly on his Grenade Launcher, people like me who play Hybrid Knight at a way different level would be unfair to do such buff
not voting because, i stay neutral, others may like the change so
EDIT: Honestly i will add it if the regulars vote yes lol..

As much i like Hybrid Knight, giving him Minicrits would be the maximum and constantly on his Grenade Launcher, people like me who play Hybrid Knight at a way different level would be unfair to do such buff
Of course if this gets a no by most people, minicrits would be the second best thing for sure.

mini crits would be fine as a start to try

mini crits would be fine as a start to try
Yea i prefer mini crits first, changes can always be made but applying em takes time because Kevin is the only one that can upload changes sadly and hes extremely often busy

Welp the poll is closed now and it's 6:4.

critz.jpg

Task #241 - [FF2] Add Mini-Crits to Demoman's primary weapons when a shield is equipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread