Declined Few things I wish to see added. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxire

I love Dodgeball but it gets pretty stale fast when you play it for too long, here are a few things I've seen or heard about that might spice things up for players.
  • FFA or Free For All mode
  • VRS or Vote Rocket Speed
  • Different Kinds of Rockets (like the frog) (check below for a few of my ideas)
  • Changing up what can be in RTD (cuz something like instakills is just a waste)
So for Different Rockets, if you guys and make em (if not feel free to disregard everything below) here are a few in mind.

Bombinomicon Rocket
Model
: Bominomicon Book / Normal Soldier Rocket
Effect: Shoots up then explodes into 4 Rockets that home onto random people, the rockets are the same as normal but they can't target someone who is already targeted by another rocket.

Sentry Rocket
Model
: Level 3 Sentry Rocket
Effect: Functions like a normal rocket but with every reflect it increases it speed 50% faster than a normal rocket.

Airstrike Rocket
Model
: Airstrike Rocket from Solider
Effect: The rocket functions like a normal rocket but its explosion radius is larger than normal but not as big as a nuke, can also be used for rocket jumping and does no damage (or less) to the one attempting it.

I got a few more but you guys get the idea. Hoping for more! Thank you for reading.

Reactions: Zushikikato Wolfeh
Disclaimer: I am only really up to scratch on the situation in EU, don't get all triggered @Cryptic <3
But USDB and EUDB should probably start working on a divorce settlement the way things are going right now

FFA or Free For All mode

I think I might resign lol
VRS or Vote Rocket Speed

EUDB already has a faster server, no idea whether USDB might get one. The primary issue I see with VRS is that panda (at least in EU, can't really speak for US) is that it has an established "market position" as a beginner friendly, reasonably paced server. I'm somewhat afraid that enabling VRS might compromise that position and damage the playerbase we are currently catering to (again, on EU).
Changing up what can be in RTD (cuz something like instakills is just a waste)

Fair enough.
So for Different Rockets, if you guys and make em (if not feel free to disregard everything below) here are a few in mind.
People don't seem to like a lot of variation. Even the Nuke, on the off chance that it appears, is just destroyed and not really played with. I'll give a couple thoughts on the rocket ideas.
Bombinomicon Rocket
Model
: Bominomicon Book / Normal Soldier Rocket
Effect: Shoots up then explodes into 4 Rockets that home onto random people, the rockets are the same as normal but they can't target someone who is already targeted by another rocket.
This is something that would be rather annoying to implement technically. It also sounds like something that might cause a lot of lag.
Sentry Rocket
Model
: Level 3 Sentry Rocket
Effect: Functions like a normal rocket but with every reflect it increases it speed 50% faster than a normal rocket.
This kinda has the same issue as VRS, additionally it would mostly add curve given our sv_maxvelocity setting, not real speed.
Airstrike Rocket
Model
: Airstrike Rocket from Solider
Effect: The rocket functions like a normal rocket but its explosion radius is larger than normal but not as big as a nuke, can also be used for rocket jumping and does no damage (or less) to the one attempting it.
Sounds as if it would increase "teamkills". Technically fairly doable, probably the one I could envision the most.

I'm assuming this will require a bunch of plugins and work. He hasn't been on in a while and I'd rather go through one at a time with actual someone willing to help put it in rather than just suggesting the ideas.

Declined and closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread