Accepted Falsely Banned for Hacking (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=narcifiend&Submit=Search
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Narcifiend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61930245
Date and Time of the Ban: 10-03-18 19:37
Reason about the Ban: Hacking
Admin that Banned you: Magglet
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute:

The ban was on the #05 VSH server, and I've no clue why I was banned for hacking. Was it because I landed some midair bodyshots on hale? Or because "I could see them through walls at times", even though sniper shots outline the hale?... If anyone was spectating me during any of my sniper rounds, you would see missed shots, cursor not always being on the hale, etc., clear signs I'm not hacking. And during the round I got banned, on weapons depot, you could see me spraying the water with smg to see if I'd get the bleed tick on hale to try and shoot him - if I was using an aimbot, why would I need to do such?

So I'm really curious as to what proof there is of such hacking, and if the admin in question has any experience in knowing whether or not someone is playing legitimately. I can see how one of my friends has been mistakenly banned for hacking twice on Panda (Bacon Plague) and had to get both bans appealed. Let's hope we can get this one cleared up as well.

if I was using an aimbot, why would I need to do such?
Just cause someone has aimbot doesn't mean they'll make it obvious, could be hiding it.

That's true, but this doesn't moot the rest of what I've said. And again, I've yet to see any proof of this "hacking". Or are we going to consider anyone that lands 1-2 good shots "aimbotters trying to be smart about it"? Because if so then a fair few people would be banned on this server by now.

Or are we going to consider anyone that lands 1-2 good shots "aimbotters trying to be smart about it"? Because if so then a fair few people would be banned on this server by now.
Bans are handed out if there's signs of cheating, not "landing 1-2 good shots" in fact unless that was super obvious aimbot, it'd requite a lot more than that to do a ban, especially if it's very hidden. Sometimes players can get a burst of skill or get lucky.
And yes, it does moot the rest of what you said, there's only 2 or so lines of where you aren't talking about how you aren't cheating. The second to last sentence is also just completely irrelevant.

Just FYI, it's been 3 hours since you posted the appeal and it's night time, the admin @Magglet is more than likely asleep as of right now. Wait a day or two for the demo to be brought up, reviewed and decided on. Not just by him but by other admins, specifically his mentor if available. Evidence may or may not be shown, most of the time it is shown. Be patient and it'll be handled.
and if the admin in question has any experience in knowing whether or not someone is playing legitimately
He's a Trial Gameserver Admin for a pretty good reason, if this ban is false, he'll know better, ban removed, life goes on.

• Agree
Reactions: Pricholas
Bans are handed out if there's signs of cheating, not "landing 1-2 good shots" in fact unless that was super obvious aimbot, it'd requite a lot more than that to do a ban, especially if it's very hidden. Sometimes players can get a burst of skill or get lucky.

Then I wonder why a ban was handed out in this instance. I see no sign of how I could have been cheating. I landed some good shots, and I missed some other shots. Occasionally missing rather easy ones since I'm still a bit rusty and need to get used to the high sensitivity that I have with my mouse again.

And yes, it does moot the rest of what you said, there's only 2 or so lines of where you aren't talking about how you aren't cheating. The second to last sentence is also just completely irrelevant.

Just to throw it out there, you should not be the applying the "it's just a smart aimbotter" to every explanation as to how one wasn't hacking. But this won't really get anywhere anyways. Need to wait on the proof, in which case,

Just FYI, it's been 3 hours since you posted the appeal and it's night time, the admin @Magglet is more than likely asleep as of right now. Wait a day or two for the demo to be brought up, reviewed and decided on. Not just by him but by other admins, specifically his mentor if available. Evidence may or may not be shown, most of the time it is shown. Be patient and it'll be handled.

I'm aware it's going to be a day or two. What I meant was is that proof is really needed to back this claim that I was "hacking". Sorry if that came across as otherwise. I am a bit tired myself.

He's a Trial Gameserver Admin for a pretty good reason, if this ban is false, he'll know better, ban removed, life goes on.

I was not aware he was just a trial. I suppose this can serve as learning experience then.

Just for the record, eye witness testimonies are the lowest form of evidence in the highest courts of law.
So by claiming, "I wasn't cheating, and here is a plethora of reasons why", does nothing for you.
We have an appeal system for a reason, most of our admins do record demos of any suspected cheater.

I'm personally on your side here, most script kiddies use throwaway accounts for cheating, not the account with several thousand dollars in items. We will let the evidence decide.

Yea I was the one alerting Magglet about it, and I am pretty sure you used some sort of aimbot. I could be wrong, but some of your shots are insane, even knowing where hale is underwater without him even being tagged by snipers.

I know Magglet recorded you, so he will look at it, probably with other admins, and then give you an answer.

EDIT: I was watching you for a while before I even told Magglet, so this was not 1-2 shots who seems fishy, this was many rounds.

Hello there, thank you for making an appeal and possibly pointing out my mistakes as an admin.

I am currently not at my home address with my computer I’m at a friends celebrating my bday so I won’t be home until much later today.

From what I remember @pnn privately mentioned to me that your aim was very suspicious and after watching you top score for many rounds with scores even the best snipers on vsh don’t get. You can understand why is was suspicious.

After watching you hit some incredible shots I noticed your aim was incredibly twitchy and you seemed like you were using triggerbot however I may be wrong.

I will post the recordings I have later today when I am at my computer. I apologise for the delay.

Good day magglet

Hello there, thank you for making an appeal and possibly pointing out my mistakes as an admin.

I am currently not at my home address with my computer I’m at a friends celebrating my bday so I won’t be home until much later today.

From what I remember @pnn privately mentioned to me that your aim was very suspicious and after watching you top score for many rounds with scores even the best snipers on vsh don’t get. You can understand why is was suspicious.

After watching you hit some incredible shots I noticed your aim was incredibly twitchy and you seemed like you were using triggerbot however I may be wrong.

I will post the recordings I have later today when I am at my computer. I apologise for the delay.

Good day magglet

Alright, thank you for your polite reply first of all and for explaining the circumstances more (also, happy birthday!). I can wait for the recording if you are busy.

Sniper is the class I've played most, even on days when I am rusty I usually still decently score on VSH. Maybe in comparison to other sniper regulars on that server, I guess I would be suspicious, though it's not good to get suspicious for that reason.

However, the twitchy aim - this is a good point, so I will list three things
1) I use relatively high sensitivity (1800dpi usually, 5 in game sens), and a tilt of my palm is enough to move my cursor from one side of the screen to the other.
2) I rely on flicking a lot more than tracking, more so when my aim is not at its best; my tracking isn't that great and I overcompensate by flicking, which is easy for me to do in knee-jerk reaction to hale movements with high sens.
3) You may already be aware of this, but TF2 spectator is not 100% reliable. I forget the technical details as to why, but at times it will appear that someone lands a shot while their cursor is not actually on them, due to spectate lagging behind a bit. Just in case this little tidbit matters.

As to other replies in this thread:
Just for the record, eye witness testimonies are the lowest form of evidence in the highest courts of law.
So by claiming, "I wasn't cheating, and here is a plethora of reasons why", does nothing for you.
We have an appeal system for a reason, most of our admins do record demos of any suspected cheater.

I'm personally on your side here, most script kiddies use throwaway accounts for cheating, not the account with several thousand dollars in items. We will let the evidence decide.
Unfortunately, I don't foresee something like this happening since this is only the 2nd time I've been falsely banned for hacking from a server out of my entire time playing TF2 (though people have chucked accusations of such at me numerous times), so I don't record in advance in case something like this happens. Can't offer much more than my word. Also, it's true a hacker would use a disposable alt instead. I don't want to use my account having some wealth (or hours) as a reason though.

Yea I was the one alerting Magglet about it, and I am pretty sure you used some sort of aimbot. I could be wrong, but some of your shots are insane, even knowing where hale is underwater without him even being tagged by snipers.

I know Magglet recorded you, so he will look at it, probably with other admins, and then give you an answer.

EDIT: I was watching you for a while before I even told Magglet, so this was not 1-2 shots who seems fishy, this was many rounds.

There was only one time I had an idea of where hale was in the water without outline, and that was because I landed my smg on him - I could guess roughly where he was from the damage tick numbers appearing since smg with cozy camper causes bleed.

And IDK, a bunch of shots I landed are kind of normal to me, though I did land a few good airshots.

• Disagree
Reactions: Lighty
Been a few days since it was said the recordings would be posted. To be fair, I'm actually in no rush for this to be resolved, but I'm just chucking this out there, since I've seen ban appeals go unresolved for weeks on end when they could be wrapped up in days (speaking in general, not specific to Panda). If the recordings can be posted, then sooner is better than later, unless Magglet has been caught up in something and does not have any spare time at all.

The recordings have been passed onto the game server admin @Lighty it’s his call

Ah, alright. The main reason I was expecting them to be posted here is due to transparency. Will those be posted here by Lighty once he has come to a decision?

It can both be posted and not be posted, you can kindly ask the admins and see if that helps.

Found nothing suspicious, everything lines up.

Closed and accepted

• Winner
Reactions: Narcifiend
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread