Accepted False ban (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeㅊㅊ

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=Mikeㅊ&advType=name
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Mikeㅊ
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:392292
Date and Time of the Ban: 03-11-18 14:13
Reason about the Ban: apparently cheating?
Admin that Banned you: @Lighty
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: I was false banned for something i didn't do and i didn't deserve my ban at all, i have played alot on dodgeball NO ONE has ever said i were cheating then 1 admin joins and bans me perm instant. i was told that i was using fake lag?, if i was i would like to see proof of it

(something extra):
(ALL) ADMIN: nice cheats mike, u sell?
[SM] ADMIN: Slapped Mikeㅊ.
(ALL) ADMIN: you play hilariously bad, don't think fakelag is gonna save ya
https://gyazo.com/6162e17515ab007b961aadfed580f65c

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: Imulion and Bass
Well lets see, new to TF2, somehow goes to our servers directly. Alright.
i have played alot on dodgeball NO ONE has ever said i were cheating
You played a total of 5.8 hours on pyro so that claim falls flat on it's face
2NvKWcU.png

i was told that i was using fake lag?
Looked like it, may have been. Player looks laggy and teleports a bit despite having a good connection.
You showed typical signs of cheating: Delayed reactions, airblast first then finally react to it like moving your mouse, you mainly just flailed around.

Last edited:
feel free to check my computer for hack
Yeah because tools to completely erase any traces of any file totally don't exist. I stand by my point, you cheated and those are the signs that I claim as cheating.
if that's your supposed account, then explain?
h3y0jM0.png

also why is the prof pic and name completely different in the gyazo screenshot eh?

i always wait till the rocket is very close to me and the mouse moving thing i always do that
No one in their right mind would wanna do that. Don't try to excuse your way through this.

Yeah because tools to completely erase any traces of any file totally don't exist. I stand by my point, you cheated and those are the signs that I claim as cheating.
if that's your supposed account, then explain?
h3y0jM0.png

also why is the prof pic and name completely different in the gyazo screenshot eh?
the steam account i showed u was to proof that im not new to tf2 thats my 2nd acc ever on steam.
and the ban was from cs:go when me and my friend played, and the first link was to show u that i have been playing before
No one in their right mind would wanna do that. Don't try to excuse your way through this.
What do you know about that?. everyone have different play styles?

• Funny
Reactions: Pro and Bass
the steam account i showed u was to proof that im not new to tf2 thats my 2nd acc ever on steam.
If so, then explain why you say you own, this, this and this? That's three accounts, so you're lying? If not there better be a pretty darn good explanation for it. Also two of the accounts have VAC bans on them without much proof on what game.
If no explanation nor proof is really provided then how should I trust you? This appeal will be declined otherwise.

You showed typical signs of cheating: Delayed reactions, airblast first then finally react to it like moving your mouse, you mainly just flailed around.
Also bump, asking for others to review the evidence and judge it themselves, can send demo if needed.

- New and got to panda: got other accounts.
- Fake lag: seemed to me whoever recorded that was the one lagging or getting fps drops, and it was through the whole match not just when the rockets were blasted.
- Delayed reactions: this is rediculous, slow reactions are not a sign of cheating.
- Airblast first then finally react to it like moving your mouse: checking 1:50 proves that wrong, and there are not many blasts in the video.
- You mainly just flailed around: again, 1:50. And i didn't see much of "flailing".
- Tools to completely erase any traces : so scrap the checking pc point. Still not a proof of cheating.
- Previous VACs, especially from more than a year ago don't prove cheating now.
- No one in their right mind would wanna do that: can you lend me your guide-book of dodge-ball, Lighty?
- Don't try to excuse your way through this: so he's supposed to just agree with you on everything.
- That's three accounts, so you're lying?: he said that's he's second account chronologically, not that he owns two.
- If no explanation nor proof is really provided then how should I trust you?: explanation and proof to what? you're the one that is supposed to give proof that he's cheating, not him that he's not cheating.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
As i see it, it's all the subjective view of Lighty, and not a single point is a proof of cheating. Even after looking at the sum of them, it's not any closer.
This case is being handled as "guilty till proven innocent", which is highly unfair.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The highest proof of all is actually his k/d ratio, it's equal or lower to 1. I don't know how a cheater will get a k/d lower than 1.

• Funny
Reactions: Jim
Delayed reactions: this is rediculous, slow reactions are not a sign of cheating.
You missed the point. Delayed, not slow reactions.
Airblast first then finally react to it like moving your mouse: checking 1:50 proves that wrong, and there are not many blasts in the video.
Reacting on time once doesn't mean the other times didn't happen. Reacting after the airblast is a telltale sign of cheats.
The highest proof of all is actually his k/d ratio, it's equal or lower to 1. I don't know how a cheater will get a k/d lower than 1.
How is this higher proof than previous VAC bans? We're not gonna start arguing for or against bans with statistics now, are we?
Also bump, asking for others to review the evidence and judge it themselves, can send demo if needed.

Wouldn't mind seeing the demo please.

• Agree
Reactions: Spankyworld
Untitled-2.jpg

but i understand your point, you think delay means "starting late" while slow means "moving slowly, with or without a late start". My bad. Let me rephrase:
Delayed reactions: this is rediculous, late starting reactions are not a sign of cheating.
--------------------
0:20, 0:23, 0:44, 1:06, 1:50, 2:03. I didn't mention the other times because i was too lazy to go back and write all the times down, again, my bad. But now here they are. I watched them all in 0.25x speed, and in none of them there was a blast before moving the mouse. And as a sniper main, this point is still no sign of cheating even if it happened.
--------------------
Yes, statistics are a sign of hacking or not. That is how we find hackers most of the time.
--------------------
No, previous VAC bans don't mean hacking now. He has one 452 days ago, that literally means: this guy cheated 452 days ago. Yes, he might've cheated after that, but the VAC doesn't prove it.
--------------------
Guys, i posted the times of the blast, just watch the video in 0.25x speed.

Well first, I can agree that the demo isn't the greatest thing. I think Lighty should have recorded longer before making the judgement call. I saw the exact point at which he confirmed to himself that the user was not legit. Because I was thinking the exact same thing. Watching at 1:45 around the 1:50 mark is where my suspicion also peaks. I've seen cheaters using this same strategy in the past, where they aren't used to the timing and end up overreacting to the rocket's position. Unfortunately this does not mean 100% that he was cheating, Kills: 91 - Deaths: 134.
It is quite possible the user is just plain bad at dodgeball, and relies on weird back shot angles to play. However, if the user suggests they has been playing for a long time, alts included, this method of airblasting should have been worked out to be ineffective by now.
Now, the accumulative evidence against the user, is staggering. If you have multiple steam accounts which are VAC banned, that fact does not help your case in the slightest.
And Akram, we have an appeal system for good reasons. Would you prefer no appeal system at all? When you say until proven innocent, that doesn't work all that well. A user cannot make an appeal and say, "I wasn't cheating, unban me please thanks." It's up for other staff members to weigh the evidence collectively once the appeal is posted.

Going to stick with Lighty's instinct here, he is a well experienced admin and I don't believe his judgement to be misplaced.

As a former DB Admin, here's my take on the situation–

After watching the video numerous times, I'm finding it difficult to spot times where cheats might have taken place. Auto-reflect is out of the picture because he would've stole the rocket at 1:22 and reflected the two rockets from 1:50 - 2:04 before it flew past him.

In 0:21 and 1:06, he's jumping to down-spike the rockets, which new players tend to do. Jumping gives a height advantage, which makes down-spiking easier. If a player hasn't perfected their drags and flicks, they'll use this method instead. I, myself, used this method when I was starting off. Cheaters tend to not jump prior air blasting because their cheat will reflect the rocket (smoothly or flicked) for them with ease.

He may have experience in dodgeball; however, I think he's still a beginner, which would explain his reliance on jumping to down-spike, his 91:134 KDR and poorly executed backshots from 1:50 - 2:04. A lot of beginners return rockets like this because they're unaware on how to successfully orbit or backshot a rocket. They follow the rocket then airblast, which he demonstrated. Hackers and players with a lot of experience don't follow the rocket around when they orbit or backshot. Their backshots are quickly and finely executed– a rapid turn and blast.

In regards to the lag, it's not like he's running around the map and airblasting the rockets with ease. He's staying still and minimizing his movements, which lagging players do.

The VAC's are suspicious; however, I'm focusing on the evidence that's provided.

Reactions: AkramTheReaperPanda
After watching the video numerous times, I'm finding it difficult to spot times where cheats might have taken place. Auto-reflect is out of the picture because he would've stole the rocket at 1:22 and reflected the two rockets from 1:50 - 2:04 before it flew past him.
That's only partly true, depending on the cheat and configuration it's very possible that the auto-airblast has a trigger key assigned and only acts while the key is pressed, I'm not sure about 2:04 since he probably would've pressed the key a tad earlier but at least for 1:50 it's very much possible that that's the case.

He may have experience in dodgeball; however, I think he's still a beginner, which would explain his reliance on jumping to down-spike, his 91:134 KDR and poorly executed backshots from 1:50 - 2:04. A lot of beginners return rockets like this because they're unaware on how to successfully orbit or backshot a rocket. They follow the rocket then airblast, which he demonstrated. Hackers and players with a lot of experience don't follow the rocket around when they orbit or backshot. Their backshots are quickly and finely executed– a rapid turn and blast.
Relying on what you wrote here it's still possible that he is both a beginner in dodgeball and a cheater. Only using the cheat to get the little improvements he needs. As for the k/d, auto-airblast struggles a lot when it comes to lag. Lag compensation is included in most versions but it's nowhere near perfect and tends to miss with lag especially at medium to high speeds.

In regards to the lag, it's not like he's running around the map and airblasting the rockets with ease. He's staying still and minimizing his movements, which lagging players do.
Looked like it, may have been. Player looks laggy and teleports a bit despite having a good connection.
In regards to the fakelag, I do not believe that he was using fakelag. Fakelag is much more consistent and has a very noticable pattern to it. I've seen people with good ping and very bad lags before, I'm not sure what causes it but I do believe that's the case here. Which would then again justify the bad k/d even with cheats.

I don't dare to make a judgement on the case because I'm inexperienced with dodgeball but I thought my input could be somewhat useful.

Only using the cheat to get the little improvements he needs.
I don’t know. I’ve never seen a dodgeball hacker use cheats to constantly mimic the playstyle of a beginner. All the hackers I’ve witnessed either constantly play well, or they play well until people grow suspicious of them. When suspicion arises, then there’s a sudden shift of their playstyle. Usually they alternate rounds of good and bad gameplay.

It just doesn’t make sense. If I were a hacker and claimed to have experience in dodgeball, I wouldn’t be constantly playing as though I was a beginner. I’d be catching rockets left from right.

It just doesn’t make sense. If I were a hacker and claimed to have experience in dodgeball, I wouldn’t be constantly playing as though I was a beginner. I’d be catching rockets left from right.

Crypt you were around for Cyrus and DarkAngel were you not? There were times where they tried very hard to blend in, or present a false appearance. Which leads the idea that it's an act, or a psychological game of fooling players and even admins. I'm not convicting this player of pretending to be a noob. But I will agree with Lighty that everything about em smells fishy.

I don’t recall Cyrus, but DarkAngel wasn’t banned for cheating. He was initially permanently banned for stealing, followed by having 100+ alts to by-pass his ban. He did cheat afterwards, but he was quite open about it like he was for by-passing his ban.

I do understand where you’re coming from by cheaters trying to blend in; however, cheaters try to blend in by being descent or good. They play well in some rounds, poorly in others. This guy, on the other hand, is demonstrating the playstyle of a beginner all throughout. If he is cheating, he’ll be the first cheater I know who’s cheating to be.. new? You see how this is strange, right? Overall, I don’t believe the video is incriminating enough. I can go on the server right now and find new players who share the exact same playstyle. Like you said before, I do wish this demo was longer.

If so, then explain why you say you own, this, this and this? That's three accounts, so you're lying? If not there better be a pretty darn good explanation for it. Also two of the accounts have VAC bans on them without much proof on what game.
If no explanation nor proof is really provided then how should I trust you? This appeal will be declined otherwise.
https://gyazo.com/a921bb5dc1b532e34a621c8e2af1e3f8
https://gyazo.com/6c80de6287a7c379203eea391f80bc0d
games i got banned from

• Informative
Reactions: TBotV63
I don't want to say that you manipulated the Screenshots but they are both looking like there could be a different ban underneath it
I'm quite certain they're not edited, if you zoom in on the text all letters have the same degree of blurr. It would be very hard to edit like that.

I'm quite certain they're not edited, if you zoom in on the text all letters have the same degree of blurr. It would be very hard to edit like that.
I do not mean that they are edited like I said I ment that there may aswell be other bans underneath which is unclear from the Screenshots he made

• Informative
Reactions: Zeprus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread