Accepted False ban (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAlias

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=bluegreenbeans&Submit=Search

Name of your Banned Steam Account: bluegreenbeans (Name changes frequently)

Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Holtzer/

Date and Time of the Ban: 05-14-18 18:41

Reason about the Ban:
Ban states hacking but I have a few theories.
1. Enough players cried out someone was better than them and messaged their good friend an admin who went ahead and gave out a ban.
2. I played better than the admin and then was given a ban.
3. Admin got informed there was a cheater, investigated but was too inexperienced at the game to tell that the player was in fact not cheating at all.

Admin that Banned you: Monster
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute:
The obvious answer is because there was no real cause for a ban. It doesn't come to a surprise that I'd be a suspect for cheating as it happens quite frequently as the experience players fall and the more fresh players get into the game, but that shouldn't stop me from getting to play.

Moreover, I know it can be hard to tell if someone cheats with something like a trigger-bot but just speccing for a few minutes would tell clearly that someone is not using a software to play better, especially in my case since I play with a broken mouse that can randomly unzoom. In any case the admin didn't say a word, this is unprofessional as it's unfair.

If you can't handle a situation like this you have no place to be an admin.

Last edited:
I find it amusing having actual admins going to this thread to (Dislike?) this appeal knowing less than the banning admin and myself.
I'm not oblivious setting the mood that I did but I strongly believe in justice. But being the acting authority you could at least show some professionalism.

Correct steam ID
STEAM_0:0:35653849

You think slagging off the admin in your appeal is professional?

In any case the admin didn't say a word, this is unprofessional as it's unfair.

There is literally 0 reason for an admin to communicate with someone they suspect to be hacking. If they suspect that, it's a ban. If they don't, nothing happens. What were you expecting, for him to ask if he can ban you?

Anyways, admins are required to record demos for all instances of hacking or suspected hacking. If Monster has no demo, it's an auto-unban. If he does have a demo, he will either post it in the admin-only forum for review, or he will post it here so the usual back-and-forth arguing can ensue. Not sure which of those two latter options I'm hoping for.

• Funny
Reactions: Arrow
Well based off looking back over my demo and a discussion with a couple admins, i have decided to remove the ban for a couple reasons:
1. After a talk with a couple of other admins, the suspicious ticks were just dodgy looking flicks and some weird movement
2. After reviewing the demo again, i discovered that some parts i found suspicious were just things that i just didn't see properly when i banned you.

So sorry about the false ban, i'll unban you.

But just a friendly reminder, you shouldn't berate the people responsible for dealing with bans. People make mistakes. I made a decision based on my personal thoughts that your gameplay looked suspicious enough in my eyes to warrant a ban. On reflection with others, that was a wrong move on my end and my judgements were incorrect. So sorry.

Accepted and closed.

Reactions: fanthom and Zeprus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread