Epic Scout - Boss in Progress (1 Viewer)

UberMedicFully

Donator
Contributor
Hello folks,

I'm currently working on Epic Scout as he was suggested to be added on this Server and since I dont really like the public version, I want to remake him, however, my Ability ideas are currently:

Roll Lunge
Dash Dodge
Passive Weapon steal on Hit
Hard Kick(considering to make)
Quick Hands
Instinct (i will probably NOT DO THIS cause people will hate me for this lol)

Explainations:

Roll Lunge - Epic Scout gets lunged up doing a Roll (Very similar to Piss Cakehole's and Dic Soupcan's lunge ability for reload), IT can be ended manually, If the Ability ends, Epic Scout gets very high gravity to reach the ground fast as possible, once he reaches the ground HIS roll animation will stop and push players away that are around him and deal very low damage including towards buildings. NOTE: The Ability can end very quickly. Manually end the Ability for the Knockback and damage or dont and use the Ability as a Mobility option / Escape option, you will not recieve the high gravity to reach the ground and deal your knockback and damage.

Dash Dodge - You'll be dashing to any direction you move, however, you will take no damage during that, uses of 2 and a recharge by 15 seconds, to prevent spam, you cannot use it for 2.5 seconds after a dash usage.

Passive Weapon steal on hit - Get a Gun you steal from the class when hitting them, for Spy it will be a Ambassador as an example, the same feature of the public version of Epic Scout, although, this one will allow you to steal anytime a weapon from any class, BUT, only by a chance of 35% will get a gun on hit.

Hard Kick - Kick any player that is in front of you will perform a custom animation, can be multiple people, away, not much of knockback on hit but high damage, around 150 damage can be dealt. The special feature of the kick is, any projectile that will be flying towards you will be "deflected" and perhaps will have twice as much velocity. I will make the timing hard to use(if i consider to make it a actual thing) as it can reward you pretty good If kicking at the right timing and at the right angle.

Quick Hands - You'll get a pistol with 15 clip and very fast firing speed and slight bonus damage. NOTE: His Pistol will be able attack projectiles. Attribute Explaination: "Bullets destroy rockets and grenades in-flight. Increased accuracy and frequency per-level."

Instinct - Epic Scout rapidly turns around when a spy is behind him, this is a random event, you wont be able to tell if this is going to happen.

Some of these Ability's are a reference to the newest Epic Scout video

Gonna ping some of the FF2 regulars to see what they think about this.
@blood3y @Darky @Kruphixx @Texan @Maddox @Popcorn003 @Chupa

To be honest all these abiilities seem interesting,especially the "Instinct" and "Quick hands".The dash dodge seems basic just like Piss and Dic so i guess Scout bosses don't really need one since they're already mobile and have double jump.Although,Instinct seems interesting since its a mechanic we haven't had before and can be really helpful.So pretty much all of the abilities are cool,but im mostly looking forward to "Quick Hands" and "Instinct".

To be honest all these abiilities seem interesting,especially the "Instinct" and "Quick hands".The dash dodge seems basic just like Piss and Dic so i guess Scout bosses don't really need one since they're already mobile and have double jump.Although,Instinct seems interesting since its a mechanic we haven't had before and can be really helpful.So pretty much all of the abilities are cool,but im mostly looking forward to "Quick Hands" and "Instinct".
The main purpose of his Roll Lunge is to have a mobility option, not looking forward to give him a Climb or a Super Jump.

love the creativity and the fact that you're planning on doing a lot for hale by yourself, all that seems rather a lot for a hale, but interesting at the same time, and at this position, I cannot clarify what really will and what will not be likable by the players, that's something that we'll discover when he gets added. However, I question some of these abilities, like the "Passive Weapon steal on hit" and "Instinct" ones and my questions are:
  • By saying that you can steal anytime weapons from a class, can the hale steal a weapon like their melee? What happens as well if for example someone rolls "Stripped to Melee" effect and encounters the hale then?
  • For the instinct one, by saying that it's a random event and that we won't be able to tell if it's going to happen, wdym? The ability itself sounds sketchy, also if it goes as it's written, wouldn't that be kind of a big counter for spies? Such abilities, which counter some specific class, do sound way too much for me, but I'm up for your answers on these.

The main purpose of his Roll Lunge is to have a mobility option, not looking forward to give him a Climb or a Super Jump.
In that case he should get one since he will be kind of weak without any kind of mobility,by the way this is kind of a side question,can we like suggest what theme he can have?

love the creativity and the fact that you're planning on doing a lot for hale by yourself, all that seems rather a lot for a hale, but interesting at the same time, and at this position, I cannot clarify what really will and what will not be likable by the players, that's something that we'll discover when he gets added. However, I question some of these abilities, like the "Passive Weapon steal on hit" and "Instinct" ones and my questions are:
  • By saying that you can steal anytime weapons from a class, can the hale steal a weapon like their melee? What happens as well if for example someone rolls "Stripped to Melee" effect and encounters the hale then?
  • For the instinct one, by saying that it's a random event and that we won't be able to tell if it's going to happen, wdym? The ability itself sounds sketchy, also if it goes as it's written, wouldn't that be kind of a big counter for spies? Such abilities, which counter some specific class, do sound way too much for me, but I'm up for your answers on these.
Will not work when the Person has a melee only, this will be prevented.
By a random event i mean is, its a RNG thing, basically works the same as the melee hit, as an example, theres a 50/50 chance for this to happen.
Edit: Yes indeed its a big counter against spies.

In that case he should get one since he will be kind of weak without any kind of mobility,by the way this is kind of a side question,can we like suggest what theme he can have?
I'd preferably stick to the theme that was being used in the two videos for Epic Scout.

About the Mobility, i will need to see how bad it wil be for him if he has no Super Jump, until then i will stick to the lunge.

Alright,this is the theme i wanted to suggest
Might aswell try since idk,to me this song is epic.

I'm staying behind my words, saying that the hale with its current said abilities would be an interesting new addition to the server, however in my opinion without the "Instinct" one, because it's basically a 50/50 ability and I would prefer hales to have stable abilities and not ones, which does prevent some classes from doing their objective and leaving the others.
That pretty much will be my final opinion.
now i would like to finish doing my pancakes please.. 1 of them burned out cuz of you uber, smh

Reactions: Maddox
Alright,this is the theme i wanted to suggest
Might aswell try since idk,to me this song is epic.
ngl i preferably stay to his original one lmao

I'm staying behind my words, saying that the hale with its current said abilities would be an interesting new addition to the server, however in my opinion without the "Instinct" one, because it's basically a 50/50 ability and I would prefer hales to have stable abilities and not ones, which does prevent some classes from doing their objective and leaving the others.
That pretty much will be my final opinion.
now i would like to finish doing my pancakes please.. 1 of them burned out cuz of you uber, smh
e z i..

Anyways, yea thats why i said i will probably not make it, as you mentioned and because its basically a hard counter that cant be seen or prevented if you are close to his back, basically, you would need to play Gunspy in order to do well and not to be scared of him.

ngl i preferably stay to his original one lmao

e z i..

Anyways, yea thats why i said i will probably not make it, as you mentioned and because its basically a hard counter that cant be seen or prevented if you are close to his back, basically, you would need to play Gunspy in order to do well and not to be scared of him.
I had a plan of showing a HUD instead of rapidly turning Epic Scout around it would still counter the Spy at some point but they will have a chance of getting a backstab if their reaction timing is too low

Simply pog, really like your idea of his ability countering spies as he's supposed to hate them, RNG part does seem a bit messy though

Simply pog, really like your idea of his ability countering spies as he's supposed to hate them, RNG part does seem a bit messy though
yea perhaps keep it a passive thing and not RNG ya know. And would be not much complexed mechanic wise

Reactions: Beee♡
Just a heads up.
I have thought about making his Weapon Steal as a rage instead of percentage based (35% chance was it originally planned), in fact that you could BASICALLY get a Weapon If it were a passive thing anytime when you're luck is good enough
So yea, I will make it a seperated Ability instead of being passive with a cooldown.
(He will be having a Menu like Dic Soupcan as an example for his two abilitys.)

Reactions: Beee♡
Another heads up.
I have changed Instinct, you will now know If a Spy is around your Area instead of your back only, should be good enough of a range for the Hale.
It's 400 HU.

Still a good counter against Spy's but not as bad as I wanted it to be originally

• Scared
Reactions: blood3y
Made his Lunge a Mobility option now, realized that it would do damage is dumb when he slams down

Users who are viewing this thread