Invalid Em's App! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sona

Name/Nickname: Emily<3, IRL name Emily (shock)

Steam_ID: STEAM_0:1:55961899

Online Times and timezone: I live in the UK, so standard London timezones suit me fine.

Do you have a Microphone?: Yeah but its rubbish, I also very rarely use it

Previous experience in Admin/Mod: I was trial but I got removed for inactivity (which I still think is dumb because I was on holiday and I told them!

What Panda Community servers do you usually play on?
: I play on VSH the most, I pop around others occasionally such as trade or FF2 but I mostly focus on VSH. It is where I make the best memories and enjoy myself more ?

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?: Very brief knowledge of the commands, but I learn fast!!!

Why should we choose you?: Well im just amazing aren’t I? Just kidding haha!, you should choose me because I am just a genuinely nice person. I laugh, like memes, good music and always down for fun! I spend most my free time on the community servers, because I have no life (inset sad face). The biggest reason you should choose me is because of my ability to get along with just everyone. I am loved (I hope) by many members of the community and have no trouble talking to people and making friends.

What will you do as Admin?: I am friends with quite a few of the admins already and what I see them do I pick up, I see they give a warning, maybe 2, before a 60-120 min gag, kick, mute or ban. For insulting ill for example give a warning, if there is more insulting after I will gag for 60 mins. After that time they insult again, ill give a finale warning, them a longer gag depending on the severity of the insult they used.

Hello from Spain,

Nice to see you apply for VSH, Emily. The applicant is indeed a loved member of the VSH community. She get’s a long with everyone and I have never seen or had any issues with her myself.

As for the application, it seems rushed? A tips I give most applicants is to look at previous apps. It is smart to find inspiration from them, aswell as you can see how much effort they put in to it. This does not mean you have to copy the other apps, but it’s smart to have a look at them.

I know you know all the rules for the server, but I will correct you on one of the things you mention, the punishment lengths. We try to follow something like this:
warning - 120min - 240min - 480min -720min - 10080 min - perm
You are correct with the part about warnings. It is nothing wrong with giving two warnings, but if you only give one, that’s ok too.

While being on vacation, I have heard something about the VSH team being full, even though Roar resgined. This because VSH only has 25calls each 14 days. If this is true, the app would either be declined or put on hold. Maybe @Matth could shed a light on this?

Anyways, I wish you good luck on the application, my vote will come when I know if it is a spot in the team or not.

Reactions: Sona
Hello Emily. I wanna start by saying that I gathered opinions from my team of VSH admins before writing this reply. Let's divide it into 2 parts:

1. Feedback on your application:

I don't honestly think you are ready to be admin.
Let's firstly focus on the application. In my opinion, it is definitely too short and rushed. I'm not talking only about the punishment section but in general. More effort could have been put.

Moving outside the application, your activity is not very stable. Also, you don't have a proper "admin attitude" in chat.
Jun 27, 2019 8:25:27 pm​
it was one sentendce tedgrid, eat mya ss
Panda-Community.com #05 | VS Saxton Hale​
Jun 27, 2019 8:25:05 pm​
BRENDON IS LIVE AC AAA

Jun 13, 2019 11:11:36 pm​
RAGE QUIT
Jun 13, 2019 11:11:34 pm​
GOD - MODE
Jun 13, 2019 11:11:25 pm​
GODMODE

Jun 13, 2019 10:58:20 pm​
ka beeeee
Jun 13, 2019 10:58:16 pm​
ac
Jun 13, 2019 10:58:00 pm​
ka beeeee
Jun 13, 2019 10:57:34 pm​
ka beeeee
Jun 13, 2019 10:57:32 pm​
ka beeeee
Jun 13, 2019 10:57:13 pm​
im binding that now
Jun 13, 2019 10:57:04 pm​
ka beeeee
Jun 13, 2019 10:56:27 pm​
ka bewwww
(Those ones on 13th June were also light spam, but let's close an eye, not the point).
I can't really see you as an admin, Emily, forgive me. Maybe in the future, if you fix what needs to be fixed.

2. Current situation of the VSH administration:

VSH is included in the servers with available positions for admins, that's true.
However, VSH is actually outside the top10 of servers with the most calls. It means there's no urgency for new admins: the situation is very manageable as it is now.
Also, with summer incoming, the general activity on the server decreases, many users leave for holidays (lucky them).

To sum up: there's no real need for admins in VSH at the moment, we admins can manage the server.
I don't remove VSH from that list because things may change back after August.

_______

Conclusion:
It's a -1 for both the applicant and the application.
Also -and on this I'd like definitive feedback from my VSH colleagues-, there's no actual need for admins, also considering summer coming.

Waiting for VSH admins so they can give some public feedback on both points, even though I've already talked with them as I said above.

Thank you for reading, have a great day.

Good Sunday, Emily. After I talked with my colleagues, I confirm your application has to be considered:

1. Invalid mainly:
The VSH admin team agrees that we don't need other admins at the moment.
(I've talked privately with them, they haven't got time to reply here but I have screenshots.)
I've just removed VSH from the servers with available positions. I'll add it back if we see we are in need of admins.

2. "Declined" off-the-record:
Almost all the VSH admins told me you're not ready, they can't see you as admin. Same for me.
PNN said you are a "loved member of the VSH community", and you "get along with everyone". That's actually true, Emily.
But being admin doesn't only mean that. Also, and PNN agrees with this, the app is too rushed.

____

In conclusion, I will mark the app as Invalid.
You may re-apply when we'll need some support in the admin team.

Lastly, and take this is like a personal suggestion, take this time to fix what needs to be fixed, about both the chat logs and the application mainly.
We don't generally think you are ready at the moment, but I bet you may improve.

Thanks for reading.

• Informative
Reactions: Roar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread