Completed Ear protecc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

An0n

I wish to suggest a change/fix for the DeathRun map(s) dr_berlin_redux, I don't know about all of you but I find it rather annoying how there are many instances in the map(s) which could be toned down or removed. They are the following:

- Outside the bunker, so long as there are RED players, the player who has been chosen as Death is able to spam voice commands through the microphone, which wouldn't be so much of a hassle if it didn't multiply the audio of those voice commands by many times, making it really displeasing for everyone's ears. It gets specially bad when the voice commands are battle cries/screams. I'd suggest toning it down or removing it.

- The trap in the second section of the bunker which makes a runner "Hitler" has quite loud volume when Hitler's speech starts playing, specially the "Sieg heil" portion of it. I would suggest toning it down as well, although not removing it.

- Not because of me, but I've seen other players complain about the following one: When Hitler speaks at the end of the run, after unlocking the bunker, I have seen some people complaining about it being loud but I don't really deem it to be loud.

Leave your thoughts in the comments! <3

• Agree
Reactions: Je Hooft
I don't think any of these sounds are loud tbh. Yes the microphone can sometimes be a bit loud, but you stay in the starting area for only like 10 seconds so I don't think this is a big problem...

beside the starting area mic the sound can be a bit load with some characters but other than that i think the volume is well ballanced.
Also check maybe audio settings if thats high

I don't think any of these sounds are loud tbh. Yes the microphone can sometimes be a bit loud, but you stay in the starting area for only like 10 seconds so I don't think this is a big problem...
The time amount is quite longer than 10 seconds, I'd say you can be outside the bunker for about 40-50 seconds per round: pre-game is around 10 seconds, it may take another 10 seconds to get up inside the building and, at the ending scene, it may take you anywhere from 20 to 30 seconds to escape, get into the train and finally leave to the minigames. Considering the voice amplification works throughout all this time and voice commannds can be spammed too, it's pretty unpleasant and annoying imo.

beside the starting area mic the sound can be a bit load with some characters but other than that i think the volume is well ballanced.
Also check maybe audio settings if thats high
And yeah, maybe the other two, not as much, but the microphone does make my ears go owchie. I did try lowering the master volume (since lowering voices volume/SFX didn't work) but it's a hassle doing it everytime this map comes up since I do like having my audio on whilst playing.

I don't really know how much troublesome it could be to lower it down or just remove it. It's not a feature that adds all that much to the map in anyway and it can sometimes be quite annoying for some players, voting no on this suggestion (which is pretty much a request, in fact) is like making some people have to endure loud sounds just because. This is why I ask of you to vote yes, please.

• Dislike
Reactions: Mark!
maybe removing the amp on the mic would be an easy fix if someone can do that. So that issue could be resolved and make the volume at least bearable for everyone just a note

• Agree
Reactions: An0n
Here's a stripper config that removes the microphone from the starting area:

Attachments

• dr_berlin_redux_v7_fix_censored_stripper.zip
    298 bytes · Views: 71
  • Winner
Reactions: Madact
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread