dr_aufgeben (1 Viewer)

Kah

Because putting a lot of effort in a map name is too much work.

Hello everyone.

As you may know I have been working on a deathrun map this past month, it has been a lot to do but I can finally tell you that the official beta version is ready. With beta I mean, all the traps are working (as far as I know) but it's not yet fully completed when it comes to the map design.

Dr_aufgeben (which simply means dr_abandon in german) have been tested by (and I think you for that) @Beli Woody Held, @mermite (early version of it), @Redspike, @Madact, @Sky, @Donkey and @Kevin himself. Although the I have improved the map a lot since they tested it the last time. The map itself has 19 23 traps, where 3 of them are "random doors".

Screenshots;

Changelog 27.04.2015
- Removed the button which repicks the random doors at the 2nd "random doors" trap, because sometimes it could trigger both doors to be deadly.
- The door speed at the jump platforms have been slightly changed; from 5 to 15.
- The three first door buttons have gained some more height due to people not being able to press them from above.
- You cant fall into the water on the 2nd part as blue anymore.
- Added cautions tags around the sawblades at the last trap. They're used to prevent people from skipping the trap by walking around it.
- Fixed the "wheel of doom" trap (part 3) being able to slay people after the duration had end.
- Added "speed tracks" to all 3 parts for the activator.

Changelog 02.05.2015
- Made the walls blocking platforms visible.
- Added an easter egg (trail)
- Fixed a bug that let people in RED survive the AFK slayer by staying on the edge.

Changelog 24.05.2015
- Official release of version 1.
- Major design improvement, you won't believe your eyes.
- Made the water platform trap easier to complete, while also making the glass walls fit better (looked horrible before)
- Added a button for the activator for the water platform trap, allowing him to disable the walls for 5 seconds.
- Added a new trap at part 2, where you get pulled into the water.
- Fixed the credits texture not working as it should (@Kevin)
- Removed the old way to kill AFKers and added a motivator, The Hidden! He starts killing people stuck in the first part 3 minutes after map spawn, he gets to 2nd part after 240 seconds and to the 3rd part after 310 seconds.
- You can no longer skip the first trap by jumping over it, sorry lads!
- The activator can no go back as well as forward to the different parts where he activates the traps.
- The train now goes faster, speed increased by 50. It starts at 250 and goes up to 550 (earlier it was from 200 to 500)
- When winning as red, you now get teleported to the activator.
- A fancy song is now playing when freerun is activated.

Changelog 30.05.2015
- Version 1b.
- People who latespawn after the door have been closed will be killed.
- Added 3 new traps; Firing mah lazer, Allahu Akbar and #thedress.
- Made the map longer (design)
- Made modifications to some of the traps.
- Increased the volume of some sounds.
- Fixed not all buttons being locked when freerun button is pressed.
- Added a new easter egg: Secret minigame. Collect all missing glass shards to unlock it at the end of the map.
- When one person has died from the random doors, it will be locked so no more can pass through it (to prevent people from delaying)
- Removed the panda-logo from the 2nd part (didn't fit well)
- Reduced the height of the building at 2nd part (@Fenrir)
- Added caution marks around the push trap on the 2nd part.
- Watergame: When activated, platforms now become unbreakable for 4 seconds.
- Added MINIGAME: 50/50.
- Added MINIGAME: Floor break.
- The freerun tooltip now lives for 8 seconds instead of 5.
- Changed design of some activator buttons.
- You can no longer get stuck between the walls when using one of the easter eggs.

Changelog 31.05.2015
- Version 1c.
- Changed the collisions of some models.
- The activator can now choose to force a minigame at the beginning by pressing the blue button.
- Made the 2nd part shorter.
- Water game: Platforms and water are now covered by a layer of metal, until the activator breaks it.
- Various bug fixes.

Changelog 13.06.2015
- Version 2
- Removed several centered messages
- Removed one of the random door cases
- Instant minigames cannot be chosen after the 1st trap has been activated
- The spawndoor now opens automatically
- Minor trap improvements
- Bug fixes
- The waterlevel in jump rush now starts sooner
- Jump rush: When someone reach the top, the last glass platform will disappear (to prevent people from delaying)
- You can no longer avoid death in floor break
- Map size reduced a lot (from 52MB to 28MB)
- Added new easter: Music room
- Credits picture updated
- The freerun song will now be stopped at round start!

Anything that can help me improve the map is highly appreciated, such as trap ideas/design ideas etc. Although I don't wish to see comments from people who say how awful this map is, without telling me why.

Download (28 mb):

This will be the official thread for the map. Any updates of it will be posted here.

Last edited:
Great work, Ka! Making a map is fun as heck, I myself have done it and I am planning on continuing it. Funny thing is that I named it dr_abandoned, so the names are familiar in the sense of language. Good game. :p I will have to check this map out once I can get on again, you seem to know your stuff yo! :D

Added two known problems so far. They are not really that much of a problem, but will be fixed soon anyway. If you find anything else, feel free to notify me about it.

Important update released. Download link here. Also updated the OP. @Kevin

I think the map looks good so far, and the (most of) traps seem to be working fine.
I might have to change the platform part a bit though, many find it hard to make it through.

Why dont you adjust it so its more of a linear path? Or maybe make the barriers opaque?
It would be easiest to just give the invisible walls a glass texture, or something similar which you can see through. I made those so people can't skip platforms.

Changelog added to OP. Added an easter egg and more.

Updated. This is the official release of version 1 (earlier at beta-stages).

Major changes have been made. The version is now 1b. Dr_aufgeben now has minigames and more.
Also updated the screenshots since they were out of date.

EDIT: The version is now 1c. See the changelog notes for more information.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Madact

Users who are viewing this thread