Declined [DR] Skipping automatic traps and skipping parkour (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunstep

Banned
First I want to start by quoting a certain part of the rules about skipping in deathrun.

4. Can I skip automatic traps using bhop?

Definiton:
Automatic traps are the ones that aren't controlled by the blu player. Most automatic traps are moving platforms and floor that breaks upon touch.

This topic is a bit fresh since the DR team has recently decided to allow players to use bhop to skip automatic traps.

Deathrun has changed a lot lately, one of the first maps with a lot of parkour in the main part of the map was dr_neonoir_impossible_v10x
Things went from basic trap only maps (e.g dr_office) to something like neonoir or nighttown.

Now the problem with the rule is that only the term automatic trap is being used. That means that if someone uses bhop to skip a certain jump or a certain part of the parkour, the person will get away with it since there are no specific rules about parkour. The rules does say that traps that aren't controlled by blue will not be count as skipping.

Now I want to point out that I'm totally against this, luckily enough it's not as horrible as in blackwonder where literally every trap and parkour part can be skipped with bhop and they don't even care about it.
But back the the main point, there are 2 things that I want with this thread:

1. I want to make clear that I want admins to add a new rule
2. I want admins to consider automatic traps and parkour separately.

I will now go in details with both.

Starting with the new rule:

Skipping any kind of parkour in deathrun should be bannable. Maps aren't designed to be skipped, you should beat everything the map has to offer. Skipping any parkour can give an advantage to red because blue doesn't have any control over the parkour unless it has a trap (which possibly can also be skipped) and if there is a difficult parkour part and people skip it, it might make things much easier for red.

Secondly, I want admins to consider automatic traps different than parkour.

Automatic traps are more like breakable platforms (such as the example given in the rules.)
While parkour can be the main point of the map, you're definitely skipping something.

The main reason I want those two to be considered separately is because one should be allowed while the other should not.

Auto traps are just a small trap made in the map that actually just shouldn't exist. it's frustrating and if you're new to the map you're just getting baited. (If you're a mapper then take this advise: nobody will like your map if it's full of auto traps) But after all, skipping auto traps should be allowed as it already is now.

Skipping parkour as I said before should not be allowed.

The fuck? Fuck no

Deathrun is about skill not bhop. That has always been my opinion. And it will never be changed.

Bhop is a big part of deathrun and is the only reason I play deathrun if such a thing got nerfed then it would become much more unfun :D plus deathrun is fucking ez mate lol

• Agree
Reactions: moonsic
I'm also not saying to remove the bhop or nerf it in any way. I just want people to use it as speed boost and not to skip certain parkour parts. As I said in the shout out box, you only deserve to win the map if you beat everything the map has to offer.

You aren't flexing with skipping. You are more flexing if you are actually legitimately beating the parkour part. And if you want you can make it a real challenge for example you can try to do the neonoir strafing part backwards. Here is a video I posted once:

Here is another challenge I did once:

And you can do way more, you can even play maps upside down but unfortunately no one will see that and it requires sv_cheats 1.

Simple Parkour is much easier than bhopping try to bhop parkour jumps at a high speed lmao

I want to make clear that I didn't mean that using bhop at the parkour should be bannable, but more like if you skip a certain part of the parkour with bhop. That means not doing it at all because you used bhop.

example: There is a strafe part somewhere in the map, but you use bhop to get past it instantly. That's what should be bannable.

• Dumb
Reactions: Unique Name
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread