Does "first to finish gets lr" imply you have to finish? (1 Viewer)

I think it should, mainly because "first to finish" makes the game a race, and people play faster and make mistakes that lead to them dying. I would be really annoyed if I rushed through obby, made it all the way to the last trap and fucked up, and then some guy who didn't even start the game gets lr. Would love to see what you guys think.

You can do that, it is called "you must finish to get lr", which is a different part of the rules. A chunk of the server already dislikes "first to finish", and adding more qualifications would only make it more confusing and annoying. If this is a question, it does not imply you have to finish, if it is a suggestion, it goes in the suggestions forums.

Ok then.
To put it simply, it occurs less often when I'm around on jb. Warden would always say make continuous progress and this happens mostly.

As far as the "Suggestion" Seriously, if you have suggestions post it in suggestions and also add poll because everyone opinions matter xD goes its really annoying if this gets added. If your mostly bad at that "Certain Minigame" then you could either have two options. Either wait out and hope warden doesn't say make continuous progress or make an attempt and have a great chance of losing/dying

If this gets added then HOOOOOOOOOO BOY. Now that persons only option is to attempt which 80% will get them to lose/killed. This is mainly the point of new jb players. Of course they won't learn anything by standing in a corner and just doing nothing but they least have a choice.

I know how you feel when you almost at the end of obby but then choke at the very last part. Now once you realize that one dood with a gibus and pyrovision goggles is sitting at a corner doing nothing, you feel frustrated that he took no effort to complete a minigame. But hey, adding this rule should make them DO SOMETHING!!!!!! Good luck with most of the jb player base getting mad about this xD

Hope ya liked my boring , very long , bad opinion.

Reactions: Ccpop123a
Ok then.
To put it simply, it occurs less often when I'm around on jb. Warden would always say make continuous progress and this happens mostly.

As far as the "Suggestion" Seriously, if you have suggestions post it in suggestions and also add poll because everyone opinions matter xD goes its really annoying if this gets added. If your mostly bad at that "Certain Minigame" then you could either have two options. Either wait out and hope warden doesn't say make continuous progress or make an attempt and have a great chance of losing/dying

If this gets added then HOOOOOOOOOO BOY. Now that persons only option is to attempt which 80% will get them to lose/killed. This is mainly the point of new jb players. Of course they won't learn anything by standing in a corner and just doing nothing but they least have a choice.

I know how you feel when you almost at the end of obby but then choke at the very last part. Now once you realize that one dood with a gibus and pyrovision goggles is sitting at a corner doing nothing, you feel frustrated that he took no effort to complete a minigame. But hey, adding this rule should make them DO SOMETHING!!!!!! Good luck with most of the jb player base getting mad about this xD

Hope ya liked my boring , very long , bad opinion.
Well, this is a question, not a suggestion.

• Surprised
Reactions: TRGGB2 and Zeprus
I dont know about the Jailbreak mechanics or any of that, but just from a language standpoint "first to finish" *does* mean that someone actually has to finish to get LR and cannot just rely on everyone else dying. If you wanted to make it absolutely clear that you don't need to finish you could instead say "first to finish or last one standing gets LR". Now whether it's actually desirable to play it out this way is up to all of you folks, I'm just saying it does technically mean you'd have to finish, and in a game mode where clear and precise instructions are generally an absolute must, you wanna have those things cleared up.

• Disagree
Reactions: Roar and vinny
I always assumed people knew that "First to finish" implied that the last person in the game didn't have to finish and just gets LR. That is how we've always done it on JB and if someone decides to suggest this then i'll just tell you now that you shouldn't waste your time.

"You must finish to get LR" -> literally complete the minigame in order to be eligible for LR, if multiple people finish the round still continues. Could result in failround when nobody finishes minigame.
"First to finish gets LR" -> if someone finishes, round is over and said person gets LR. If everyone except one dies, that one person gets LR by default (unless there's another order that prevents this). If no one finishes, it doesn't mean no one gets LR.

Usually, these two commands are combined so that everyone has to make the same effort AND the round ends as soon as someone finishes, encouraging people to get good at these minigames.

First to finish doesnt mean you have to finish.

Boom close the thread.

• Dislike
Reactions: Gold
Agreed with Green. First to finish gets LR, YOU MUST FINISH TO GET LR. If it's not in the rules that it's explicitly implied, you have to say it.

Users who are viewing this thread