Declined Dodgeball New Feature Suggestion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waxel

As the title says i have a little suggestion for every dodgeball server including the 29 to make them funnier to play.
Now, the idea (@Lighty made me think of this) is basically a pre-concept and i don't know if there'll be a script like the Nuke one and even if it will not be there we can do it manually c:
What do you all think if we add a sort of "special" round every map rotation? It rolls the same effect for every player in the map and last about 200-240 seconds (we can discuss about the seconds later). Of course this cannot work without an admin on nor without any scripts/plugins activated but i think this would be so fun to play.

Here are the pros and cons about this new suggestion-
PROS without script/plugin:
-It's fun
-Almost every admin is on in the afternoon/evening so this can actually work
-It's fun
-Admins can choose what roll should be played in the next match with a specific command (We trials can't cast votes sadly)
-Everyone can ask to do this round at everytime.

CONS:
-Only one time per map rotation.

If there are any problems with it i'm always opened for feedbacks.

sounds good, but it shouldnt include rtds such as fire breath, toxic, godmode or power play for example otherwise that would be mayhem and the rounds would last way too long for powerplay and godmode for 240 seconds, not to mention sentry gun rtd for 4 minutes making half the map inaccessible. should only include non-lethal rtds imo such as tiny man, no/low gravity and other fun rtds like that, maybe there should also be a way to make the rtd effects last the entire round to make it even more fun (or not).

obviously i dont even have to mention firework, timebomb or explode

other than that it sounds good

What we really need is.... Pandanaut.... !vp However this is an interesting concept Waxel. I am for trying something like this.

• Agree
Reactions: TBotV63
sounds good, but it shouldnt include rtds such as fire breath, toxic, godmode or power play for example otherwise that would be mayhem and the rounds would last way too long for powerplay and godmode for 240 seconds, not to mention sentry gun rtd for 4 minutes making half the map inaccessible.
Of course there's no need to even think of them, just funny effects like what we used in the past -tinymann, big head, low/no gravity and others

Here's a list of what i thought it would be good as time in seconds.

Big head- 200 seconds
TinyMann- 200 seconds
Faster speed- 150 seconds
Low gravity- 100 seconds
Invisibility- 50 seconds
Funny feelings- 50 seconds
Toxic- 15/20 seconds
Dispenser pop-up- 10 seconds (N/A)
Instant sentry- 8 seconds

Any ideas would be appreciated :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Zyphon and Arrow
Waxel, We couldn't have effects that would kill other players such as toxic and instant sentry as you mentioned above. Big head seems pointless really but sure and all the others could be pretty interesting.
Other potential effects if this thing actually gets implemented:

Noclip
Lucky Sandvich X5
No Gravity
Fast hands---Does this work with airblasting???

Personal Preference IE Could be fun for some but not others:

Frozen
Cursed
Snail

Anyway these are just some extra ideas. However to be realistic these rounds would have to be exclusive of Gameme which I don't see working.

Ultimately the idea of creating an automated system for a "fun" round would require a custom plugin, which is probably not going to happen. Panda stands by the idea of not adding anything else for players to download.

What this really needs is the individual full admins attention, and the relief of any pressure that having fun rounds will get them eventually demoted. I already do these types of things here and there, but always after a vote, and never something harmful.

One of the most requested fun rounds I get is freeze. (You can freeze for -1 which lasts until death.) When there are a bunch of new players on who can't statue well, I like to add a handicap of a lucky sandwich or two. This doesn't just make the game interesting, it gains the newer and veteran players more experience with statue. Yes, lucky sandwhiches can stack. (You must also give everyone 5-10 seconds to move from their spawn position, and forgive steals.)

A couple things to note about adding forcerolls to everyone, any survivors at the end of the round may have their effect carried over to spawn. Just a quirk of the RTD system. Also, with twenty players on the server, if you want the effect to last the whole game I found that 300 seconds is usually long enough.

• Agree
Reactions: Zyphon
Panda stands by the idea of not adding anything else for players to download.
Players don't download plugins, so adding plugins that force effects and stuff is fine

IMO the only effects that wouldn't be too annoying to play with are
  • Lucky sandvich
  • Tiny Mann
  • Tiny Mann + LOW gravity(sm_gravity @all 0.1)
People like Tiny Mann + low gravity since it's the best one there is and makes it fun for everyone, beginner or not.
The effects should only be done if >60% of the server agrees to it.

These would either be annoying to play with/against or just plain a bad idea.
  • Big Head - It may get in the way for players that play in thirdperson, the only good thing about it is your voice
  • Increased Speed - People are just gonna run away from the rocket delaying the rounds pointlessly, it can be used though.
  • Low Gravity/No Gravity - Can be quite annoying for some players that aren't that well at predicting a rocket orbit, best not to have it.
  • Invisibility - People are gonna teamkill each other or the enemy will accidentally block them or their rocket, annoying to play with, bad idea.
  • Funny Feeling - > /fov 160 Funny feeling can also be evaded, not saying how tho c;
  • Toxic - The server will turn into a clusterfuck of players running into each other, can be annoying to play against if you don't want people running at you.
  • Spawn Dispenser - If everyone spawns a dispenser, the rocket will get stuck
  • Spawn Sentry - Same thing, but people are gonna die unfairly and fast due to everyone spawning sentries
  • Noclip - No
  • Frozen/Snail - Annoying to play with for players that aren't good at statuing. It can be done manually like Pricholas does.
  • Cursed - Again, annoying and can be very easily avoided by binding a button to reverse your controls
These are the effects I saw mentioned in this thread so there are the only ones I'll talk about :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread