Completed Dodgeball AFK KICK (1 Viewer)

How should AFK manager deal with inactive players?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if it is possible to add kick afk, i have seen a lot of afk players who are just standing there ruining the game so it would be great if it could be added into Dodgeball.

Thanx for taking youre time :)

If this becomes a thing please put it on VSH and FF2 as well, afks are an especially big problem there (because of class limits, the boss gets health for each player, etc.).

• Agree
Reactions: klay and Pudding
Its a game ruining problem in Dodgeball sometimes so i was just curious if it was possible to add it, but i dont know in other servers about this problem.

It probably is a serious problem in VSH and FF2, but it's not at all "Gamebreaking" in dodgeball. They're just standing around doing nothing, often giving free points. Of course, when an admin sees afk's, he puts them into spec, in order to help, but I wouldn't say, that they're a nuisance.

• Agree
Reactions: TBotV63 and Pudding
Yeah, but my point is it would be handy if afk people will be kicked automaticly cuz there is not always an admin online i know they are just standing there but if it is more then one guy you can't stand where you want cuz of the afk players.

i like how a problem is mostly ignored on dodgeball servers giving less priorities. Afk's are indeed a game breaking character. Afk's ruins the rocket speed. Imagine a good 1v1 the rocket speed is around 210mph but out of nowhere the rocket aims for the afk guy and good rocket speed is ruined. Though whenever i see any AFK i switch them to Spec but please Dodgeball also needs attention.

i like how a problem is mostly ignored on dodgeball servers giving less priorities. Afk's are indeed a game breaking character. Afk's ruins the rocket speed. Imagine a good 1v1 the rocket speed is around 210mph but out of nowhere the rocket aims for the afk guy and good rocket speed is ruined. Though whenever i see any AFK i switch them to Spec but please Dodgeball also needs attention.

Yeah ur right thats what i mean thanx

I don't think it's necessary to kick 'em, unless the server is getting filled.

I typically put players on spectate, after 2-3 rounds of 'em being AFK.

Yes it does ruin a nice 1v1, I'll give you that. But a 1v1 is not an "implemented gamemode". It's what people do for fun and for the challenge.

I don't think Dodgeball needs this kind of afk kick system, because afks are not at all gamebreaking.

• Disagree
Reactions: plEase
Even its not a 1v1 it still ruins the fun cuz even when its a 5v5 or 8v8 and it switches to an afk player its not fun

it is Gamebreaking for regular dodgeball players

P.s btw whats the point of having afk's on server ? they just ruins the fun , they utilize that 1 slot , farming time spent. Not all afk's farm gametime but being afk for more than 5 mins doesn't make any point

• Agree
Reactions: Pudding
it is Gamebreaking for regular dodgeball players
Game breaking means rendering the game (near) unplayable. An afk dying does nothing close to that. Okay, someone switched to an afk. I don't see how that ruins the fun. The game just goes on and you can reach 200mph again. Hell, if you're 1v1-ing, you get to do it twice! If 2 skilled players are 1v1-ing with an afk, they should know how the get the afk killed at the beginning of the round.

My point is that your arguments are weakly supported. The problem with afks is that they make rounds longer and may get their teammates killed (tho I blame the players for being close to the afk) so putting afks into spect automatically is a good idea.

If you're going to add such plugin make sure that it puts the player to spect at the end of the round. Because someone's gonna die, when they go spect and they have the rocket.

I agree with klay; AFKs in-game only hinder others' performance by team-killing.

P.s btw whats the point of having afk's on server ? they just ruins the fun , they utilize that 1 slot , farming time spent. Not all afk's farm gametime but being afk for more than 5 mins doesn't make any point

The majority of AFKs do return. It's best to leave 'em in spectate, unless the server is getting filled up. Players who are competitive would hate to go on spectate for a couple minutes, and return to be informed that they were kicked. All their points/dominations gone.

Only a small number of AFKs farm gametime. Gametime doesn't benefit a player in anyway, unless they're looking to apply to become an admin. Those players who are applying for admin tend to be caught and denied.

• Agree
Reactions: plEase
I'd advocate for a system that puts people in spectate relatively quickly (at the end of the round after like 2-3 minutes of not moving) and then kick them after a somewhat longer period of time to prevent clogging (5 minutes or a bit more). If a player knows they are going AFK and put themselves in spectate, however, this should either not apply or there should be a longer time before they are kicked (15-20 mins at least); if this is possible.

Reactions: Heratade and plEase
Unfortunately none of the public afk manager plugins support waiting for the end of the round or detecting whether the player went spect manually or not.

So the conlussion is that this plugin will not be added or is there any chance to add this plugin?

its of course possible to add the afk manager plugin to the dodgeball servers.
just needed to be determined how it should function/work.

move afk players to spec/when should it move them etc.

Reactions: Pudding
its of course possible to add the afk manager plugin to the dodgeball servers.
just needed to be determined how it should function/work.

move afk players to spec/when should it move them etc.

Thanks for taking the time to help the server, i really appreciate it.

The move afk to spectate sounds a lot better than kicking them off the server. Otherwise we will see numbers decrease.

I'm adding a poll anyways, please vote when it's up.

• Agree
Reactions: Kevin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread