Declined Dodgeball 24/7: Weekly/Monthly Top 25? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squall

BLUF: I think the server would have a more competitive/interested player base if we had an updated top 25 players list.

I think you'd encourage activity by trying to be the very best on the server, people would also enter the server with a bit more respect for the rules.

*Option to encourage rules*Provide penalties and awards: penalties for steals and awards for MVP 1#,2# & 3#, ETC... Having a system that could process this would be incredibly fun to compete with an updated top players list.

Some of the top players, points-wise, barely play and it makes me edge-y playing 10x longer throughout recent days and make little-to-no progress with the point ranking system. So separating recently/currently active players from people who have spent time anf deserves their rank. Lastly, awards/trophies/indicators would be cool to have as a result of being a winner of something.

Maybe incorporate the leaderboard into the MOTD so people are aware of statistics or hyperlink their steam ID to the specific stats. Anyways, that'd be awesome to try and incorporate. Thanks for taking the time reading this.

Squall.:)

I really like the idea you have there, but I'm worried the ranking systen would encourage switchers and possibly stealers. Of course switching is a completely fine strategy to go for, but it's' reputation amongst the dodgeball communities isn't really good, rather "rood".
And with stealers it's obvious. Close up steals get easy kills meaning you climb the ladder fast in a rude, rulebreaking and undeserved way.

Not sure if it'd end up being a nice system, it could always backfire.

Switching is allowed, however stealing isn't. '!call'ing or reporting the issue should stop the problem. With some sort of identification saying this person is a prior steal within the past 30 days after the slay/report. Would make them disqualified, determined by admins.

Switching is allowed, however stealing isn't
I know ;)

'!call'ing or reporting the issue should stop the problem.
In theory, yes. Though there isn't always an admin able to come help. Especially now, that many of the USA DB admins resigned.

With some sort of identification saying this person is a prior steal within the past 30 days after the slay/report. Would make them disqualified, determined by admins.
That'd actually be really nice, but at the same time, the admins would have even more work to do. Maybe someone could make a plugin that would disqualify any banned stealer, though I'm not sure if that's easy to make.

That'd actually be really nice, but at the same time, the admins would have even more work to do. Maybe someone could make a plugin that would disqualify any banned stealer, though I'm not sure if that's easy to make.

It's not that hard to detect steals via plugin and automatically disqualify. The only issue is that stuff like walling etc. will be sanctioned (you'll inevitably end up stealing), thus taking away a fun part of dodgeball imo.

As for something automatically going through sb, checking for bands related to stealing and then disqualifying the affected player, that shouldn't be particularly hard.

• Informative
Reactions: Deep
Some of the top players, points-wise, barely play and it makes me edge-y playing 10x longer throughout recent days and make little-to-no progress with the point ranking system. So separating recently/currently active players from people who have spent time anf deserves their rank.

Yes, the top USADB players aren't active; however, they were active prior your arrival, and spent weeks of playtime to gain their rank. It wouldn't be fair to clear their rank just because they're not active as of now. Trust me, I know a few of 'em, who are worthy of their rank, even though they're not as active as before. (Shoutout to my boys Turbo and Mario :kappa:)

• Agree
Reactions: TBotV63
It wouldn't be fair to clear their rank just because they're not active as of now.

I fully agree with this. Wiping ranks is a stupid idea, especially as the way they are determined isn't particularly meaningful for ranks that are regularly reset. I still think that something like a weekly or monthly top would be a good addition. That way we can keep the regular ranks (which are mostly a display of playtime invested) and still have a ranking of the most active / skilled players over the last week or month.

Reactions: Squall
Though it is a nice idea, is there a link or something helpful to tell us how to do this? I'm not sure Kevin would know how to and besides we have a ranking system...Even if the people who are at the top aren't current they still earned that spot o3o

Well the easiest way would be to just pull from gameMe the 25 players with the highest increase in points for the month, however that makes little sense until gameMe works reliably.

I'm just going to close this. It's a nice suggestion, but I don't think it's really needed and sounds like it requires work. Keep in mind panda community is not DB competitive based. (Well officially)

Maybe some day we can do this, but I doubt it. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread