Discussion about "trick orders"/The legality of this order (1 Viewer)

Do you consider this a trick order? (read the full post)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nergal Nergalton

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Since the discussion of whether or not Simon Says should be allowed is ongoing, it inspired me to finally ask the legality of this order and whether or not is it considered a "trick order", as I've gotten different responses in the past when asking this question.

A common order I've seen that could POTENTIALLY fall under the category of a "trick order" is when the warden has the REDs go to a certain minigame -- usually, a start-to-finish obstacle course like Obby, Deathrun, or Climb -- but tells the REDs to stay at the starting area and not start. They will then say "First to finish gets LR" or "First 7 reds to finish will live"; many REDs will take that as being allowed to start, but the warden will then kill them, saying "I didn't say you could start." Would this be considered a "trick order"? I've heard people say it is, but I've also heard others say it's not. I've even heard some people say it is a trick order but that it's one of the few "legal" trick orders.

This also raises another question: does the warden HAVE to specifically tell the REDs that they can start a minigame like Obby, Deathrun, or Climb before REDs can start, lest they be KOS? Particularly, if the warden just says "Go to Obby" without mentioning anything about starting?

• Indifferent
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
If the warden wants the reds to start the minigame, then he would say so.
"First to finish gets LR" is a condition that the warden puts up, not the start signal. If people have such a hard time understanding that, then see it as a lesson to take things more littearly.

For the second question, no. If the order was only "Go to obby", then the reds can be anywhere within that minigame. Start, middle or the finish is all fair game. The warden will have to specify the start point if he said something like "go to the start of obby".

For the second question, no. If the order was only "Go to obby", then the reds can be anywhere within that minigame. Start, middle or the finish is all fair game. The warden will have to specify the start point if he said something like "go to the start of obby".
what if the wraden said "go to obby" then said "actually nvm go to speedrun" what happens then. will the warden be forced to start obby because reds are inside the minigame?

Hard to give a singular answer to that, assuming a few reds already entered the minigame. But what could help with that would be asking yourself this:
Can the reds leave the minigame without having to play the minigame? If no, then the warden should have the reds play obby (your example) first.

Using a few examples here:
  • Climb in hopjb: Can be left easily (Would be fine to change order)
  • Obby in hopjb: Nigh impossible to leave (Would not be fine to change order)
  • Stairway in mlcastle: Can be left easily using that hidden pipe (Would be fine to change order)
I hope this answer satisfies your question.

Users who are viewing this thread