Disabling random crits/spread (1 Viewer)

Remove random crits/spread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid

I'm curious to hear people's opinion on this one actually.
Personally, I'm all for disabling both of those sources of randomness. Coming from a competitive background, I absolutely despise random elements in tf2(and other online games that have randomness added to them) and don't see how they add any value to the experience one has as a player. The only thing that could be said in favor of them is that a server with random crits is more populated most of the time due to quickplay, but the fact that both of the hightower servers have instant respawn makes me think that very few people connect through quickplay anyways.

EDIT: On a sidenote, I doubt that the average pubber will actually be able to tell whether those commands are disabled or not. He might be able to with random crits but a lot of people don't even know random spread exists so yea...

+

It warms my dead heart that there was such a magnificent and thoughtful conversation about this topic. From the 2 votes received to far, 100% are for the abandonment of random crits/spread. Considering the vast amount of votes received, this can be seen as a representative result and action should be taken immediately.

I know that those suggestion threads don't do anything anyways, as the people in charge seem to be lazy asses but I at least expecting some comments from the other trials who are in charge of the hightower servers as well(or some of the "regulars" who even registered on this site to push their friend when he applied). :]

I am so up for every Panda server just getting rid of that shit.

Still 100%. Kevin, do your thing.

hm.. i dont think i will disable random things since it would affect quickplay traffic.

Isn't quickplay already out by instant spawn?
i dont think so since we are using instant respawn tags, also why remove random things?
infact a no from me, make a poll or whatever but i am not going to disable it.

No from me since quickplay delivers a lot of players to our servers.

i dont think so since we are using instant respawn tags, also why remove random things?
That changes nothing. Quickplay is pretty much out of the question because of the instant respawn. You can also quite clearly see that by not having 5 guys a day ask the question "WHY DOES THE CART NOT MOVE?!?!?!?!?". Why remove random things? Dunno, maybe because they don't add anything of value to the game?

infact a no from me, make a poll or whatever but i am not going to disable it.
Why should I make a poll if it's completely useless since you're not going to disable them anyways? That's what's called a pseudo-democracy, like a couple of decades ago in the GDR, where having a different opinion than the government was also pretty pointless.

That changes nothing. Quickplay is pretty much out of the question because of the instant respawn. You can also quite clearly see that by not having 5 guys a day ask the question "WHY DOES THE CART NOT MOVE?!?!?!?!?". Why remove random things? Dunno, maybe because they don't add anything of value to the game?

Why should I make a poll if it's completely useless since you're not going to disable them anyways? That's what's called a pseudo-democracy, like a couple of decades ago in the GDR, where having a different opinion than the government was also pretty pointless.
it is not out of the question ;)
also i wont disable it without a pool, make one and we'll see.

57009140.jpg

maymays, they're funny, right? Right?

Seriously though, the feel of getting a crit as a sniper during a melee battle with an attacking scout is so satisfying.

The feel of getting hit by a crit projectile aimed at someone else just as you pass a corner is just great! Especially when it ends your killstreak or you are the only one doing anything for your team.

Urgh, crits are the worst.

it is not out of the question ;)
also i wont disable it without a pool, make one and we'll see.
Polls are awful. If people have an opinion, they can state them in the thread here.
So far we have 4 YES and 3 NO votes.

Seriously though, the feel of getting a crit as a sniper during a melee battle with an attacking scout is so satisfying.
Yea that kill you didn't deserve because you either were not skilled enough to kill the scout when he ran at you or the scout was smart enough to sneak up on you surely is very satisfying...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Vecomti
Yea that kill you didn't deserve because you either were not skilled enough to kill the scout when he ran at you or the scout was smart enough to sneak up on you surely is very satisfying...
don't h8 m8

What I mean is that sometimes crits save me from sticky situations, giving me the "phew" feeling.

I am so up for every Panda server just getting rid of that shit.
Doesn't matter if players "deserve" crit kills or not, it's still a part of the game. I'm ok with it if they get disabled in hightower, but I'd leave them on on some servers that are not really that competitive (mario_kart, duel).

What I mean is that sometimes crits save me from sticky situations, giving me the "phew" feeling.
Yes, I get what you mean. You like to be rewarded for nothing, which then saves your ass and gets you an undeserved kill.

Doesn't matter if players "deserve" crit kills or not, it's still a part of the game. I'm ok with it if they get disabled in hightower, but I'd leave them on on some servers that are not really that competitive (mario_kart, duel).
It's a part of the game valve should've gotten rid of years ago. Since you're okay with them being disabled on hightower(which is what we're discussing here because rofl mario kart), I'll change your vote from no to yes. It's more a point about game balance than anything else and doesn't have anything to do with trying to be competitive(because besides MGE, no pub server is aimed at comp players).

5 YES
2 NO

Bumping this to get more votes. Currently sitting at 7, which is not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread