Completed Decrease first day freeday time Poll (1 Viewer)

Do you want to decrease the first day freeday time with 2 minutes?

• Yes, decrease the time on first day freeday (3-4mins)

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No, Keep it the way it is (5-6mins)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No, I want this day to be removed like back then.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No, I want to decrease more time of this day (please comment below why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf

Panda started out without having first day freeday, too many players came on the servers and found this an issue since all the other servers had it.

Panda added it in the end after many players complaining about this.
But there is one thing what bothers me about this day, the only thing I can see why there is such a thing as first day freeday is to get players on the servers to play the gamemode, and some have to download the map first.

But the time of first day freeday takes way to long, so it's just a day what rewards people who have better internet or players who already have all the maps downloaded.
I want to put up a Poll to decrease the First day freeday times with 2 minutes. (-2mins)

Huh' Funny, some people actually like to remove "First day freeday" completely.
Didn't really add much to begin with so I can understand that.

I've added a 7 day countdown to the poll, hope you don't mind @Wolf

• Agree
Reactions: Wolf
Hi, I am late to the party.

For this to even work, you're going to have to write and rewrite some jailbreak plugins, which I feel hasn't happened in many months. The round timer itself is incredibly messy and needs to be completely redone in order for it to work with the rest of the gamemode. Then, it needs to be integrated with whatever checks if it's the first day. This also needs to be redone since it is tied together with the current timer, which is shit.

Also, if the freeday is removed completely, it'll take several weeks to acclimatize every player to the change, and there'll be a lot of rules broken by players who are fully aware of the previous ones but didn't get the message. How long can the rules broken by virtue of this be pardoned? etc etc

• Informative
Reactions: Madact
I'm not exactly sure if this is going to make it if it requires some major work to the plugin. As far as I'm aware, although the owner can change certain settings it is not to the point where the plugin has to be changed.

So with that, we kinda have to shoot this down guys. Sorry.

I could look into making some changes to the plugin, but I don't have the time to rewrite it. Also last time I checked Kevin was paranoid af about what goes on his servers :kappa:

time as been decreased to 150 seconds aka 2.5min. active on EU/US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread