Pending Deathrun2 server rework idea (1 Viewer)

Rework?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luffy

The deathrun2( #22 Deathrun 2 ) server is inactive so I was thinking why not make deathrun2 server into a no speed limit bhop deathrun server with no "skipping" rule to have some fun. So the server differ from the main deathrun server.
And im not saying to remove bhop from the main deathrun server I only want something new and fun on deathrun2 server.

This sounds like a fun idea and will probably be agreed on by most of deathrun's playerbase (aka those who play mainly for the bhop). However, hypothetically speaking, in case this does get forwarded there's at least a consequence that needs to be considered.

What I see from this is the chance of a significantly low activity on the blu's side compared to the main server. Worst case scenario none at all, but very unlikely if you ask me since, while most players would join just for the sake of bhopping, there's that percentage playing as blu either giving out freeruns to raise their server points, actually try to play and eventually rage quit because they couldn't kill that one bhopper that kept reaching the end of the map, or are that much of a pro player and manage to kill the entire team, bhoppers included (really rare though). And yes, I know this already happens frequently on Deathrun #9. But the difference is that those who play on blu have the skipping rule on their side that adds some balance to both teams. Both removing the rule and the enforcement of bhop will break that said balance on the new server, bringing out some unfairness to the blu side and thus decreasing it's activity on the server. Now the real question is: will this be seen as an issue or not?

If anyone else wants to throw in their opinion, be it admins or regulars, let me know if I missed out on other important stuff that should be mentioned.

• Agree
Reactions: Furken
Going to agree mostly with what Frosty mentioned, though as good as it sounds its most likely not happening as the skipping rule is there to give Death a fair chance to catch on with good bhoppers.
Also im certain other will agree with me that having different rules for almost identical servers will confuse players if its allowed to skip or not.

Though we may can pick up this suggestion again when weapons are enabled on Blu's part, which will get rid of the skipping rule entirely.

Maybe change it in other direction: disable bhop completely for that server.
It will make many maps more playable, because more than a half, werent designed for bhop in mind, and are pain to play
Also it will make easier to play as blu and maybe that will help to encourage players to play gamemode itself, not freeruning every round because they will have an chance.

Honestly anything different than #9 would be better.

#22 Deathrun server right now is mainly for testing purposes but I'm up to changing it into a fun no hop speed limit server since many people just like bhopping on panda #09. After adding the weapons to all deathrun servers I also suggest removing the skipping rule since weapons on blu will give a much bigger chance of catching some bhopper rushing rather than the skipping rule and change #09's map rotation better for bhopping.

I would also suggest making a third deathrun server without bhop since there is as bunch of people who just doesn't like the bhop on #09 but dislike deathrun servers from other communities. Some people like playing deathrun just for some shenanigans and classic deathrun gameplay (plus modern maps aren't made for bhop).

Well I'm up for changing deathrun 22 since it's a dead server. I can change the rules to remove the skipping rule for deathrun 22. I'll probably need to talk with some of the full gameserver admins for deathrun on this too as their lack of feedback on this is worrying. I don't want them to be completely out of the loop, espically if it changes and they start enforcing the bhop role on deathrun 22

And also a no limit bhop? I'm assuming this is to do with speed. That can also be suggested up on a task, but dont hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

Also I know about the weapon suggestion. I don't see plugin changes happening anytime soon, but we can do what we can now. Once things possibly get changed, then we'll change the rules accordingly for weapons.

I'll tag the deathrun fulls here if they want to add anything. For the discussion admins, please go to the steam group. I'm currently away atm so I can't see the steam chat until this weekend.

@Stabbin @Adoruby @A Wild Tryhard @Ranger Ciri

Oh also I heard something about removing a micspamming rule for that specific server? That's never happening. Even if you suggest a plugin that allows an !ignore feature, we are not skial.

Edit: I've not changed the rule yet. I'll repost again in this thread once it's happened.

That's the rule updated, it is now official. Hoping this won't cause confusion for deathrun #9.

I've also tasked up the no bhop speed limit for deathrun #22.

Task

#199 No bhop speed limit for Deathrun #22​

Reactions: Unique Name
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread