Declined [Deathrun] - Remove bhop (1 Viewer)

remove bhop from deathrun?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronarena

So I'm just playing dr_multirun_final1, a map which has a lot of paths that are straight, and as death, it's borderline impossible to win when everyone is going at the speed of noclip to the finish. Yes bhopping may require skill to pull off, but deathrun isn't really about if you can press spacebar at the right time, it's about trying to bait death/kill runners in fair traps. Bhop doesn't make it fair for reds, it just makes it unfair for blue. It's up to the mapper to make the map fair.

This may lead on to my second point. If you're not going to remove the bhop plugin that allows for the speed boost, you might as well remove maps where it basically can be abused. The map I was playing on being dr_multirun, as stated, basically 3 corridors. Death stands no chance unless they too bhop, and I don't bhop, so playing as death, I just give up.

I can see people opposed to removing the bhop plugin, but oh well. If you don't want to remove that really desperately, then you might as well remove multirun for ANOTHER reason. I keep seeing people die at the start of the spinner minigame after they're either teleported, or respawned (yes the map respawns people for minigames). Why they die? I don't know. It doesn't happen on any other server, and is no fault of the map. If you also don't want to remove this but don't want people to respawn, using Source:Stripper to remove the entity that respawns them would be a good idea. Saves confusion.

Yes this is a lot of suggestions all in one thread, but they all link in to each other in one way or another. Anyway have a nice day.

• Disagree
Reactions: ☁ Spaceblob11 ☁
It's up to the mapper to make the map fair.

Exactamundo, all popular death-run servers run a bunny-hop plugin. Having one attracts a lot of players. Mappers should take into account the community that they're developing for. There are some good maps out there that handle it well. Specifically maps with rush doors, or other wait mechanics. In my opinion (deathrun) maps should never be just long hallways. Most of these maps have no theme, have nothing going for them and consist of bad and/or simple traps that aren't enjoyable anyhow.

So no, I don't agree with you on removing the plugin. I do agree with you that something has to change to prevent the unfair advantage on some maps. We've always strove for fairness in the plugin/rules resolving around bunny-hopping see the rule about skipping traps, for example.

Either the maps must be changed, or simply removed if they do not fit the play style of our servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread