Deadly Voice RTD (Only on VSH and FF2) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz

This thread is about removing Deadly Voice from the !rtd.

I think we all know it is complete and utter shit.

Positives
Looks cool (apparently)
Sounds cool (to people that like explosions (wtf @Le Captain Pootis ))
Does a bit of damage (when I say a bit, I mean a bit).

Negatives
The main problem is as we all probably know it destroys fps. In my case, it drops around 45-55 fps everytime the person calls medic (to activate the deadly voice effect thing). I see a lot of other people complaining about their fps drops too.
It is considered a "good" rtd by the server because it is green when you roll it. Therefore in my opinion it is taking up a good rtd space and when you roll it, it is pretty much considered a bad rtd for the players anyway.
It does shit damage for a "good" rtd.

• Agree
Reactions: Furken
Despite how cool it looks (for people who ain't got a shit PC's :') ), I do agree it's a rather useless and annoying rtd to get. I've never seen people actually utilize it, going for the hale while screaming for a medic.
While we're on the topic of useless rtd's, might as well removed toxic, as it's been nerfed to the point it's just as annoying as deadly voice.

• Agree
Despite how cool it looks (for people who ain't got a shit PC's :') ), I do agree it's a rather useless and annoying rtd to get. I've never seen people actually utilize it, going for the hale while screaming for a medic.
While we're on the topic of useless rtd's, might as well removed toxic, as it's been nerfed to the point it's just as annoying as deadly voice.
I see deadly voice used well, like when your demoknight, fisticuffs heavy or pyro it works really well, just because if needed you can knock them back

I'd rather keep this roll in dodgeball as it can easily be used to kill your enemy.

• Agree
Reactions: Tolfx
I'd rather keep this roll in dodgeball as it can easily be used to kill your enemy.
Yeah sorry thats fine I only meant in VSH. Are you able to change the title?

Honestly, I've learned to look up and run around like a mad man to avoid the fps drop, look around for an enemy, get close, look up, and spam to your hearts desire. On a serious note it can be considered both a positive and negative rtd, I agree with @Lighty about keeping it for dodgeball despite the fps drops, I mean just because you roll it doesn't mean you have to use it right? Just wait another 60 seconds.

Honestly, I've learned to look up and run around like a mad man to avoid the fps drop, look around for an enemy, get close, look up, and spam to your hearts desire. On a serious note it can be considered both a positive and negative rtd, I agree with @Lighty about keeping it for dodgeball despite the fps drops, I mean just because you roll it doesn't mean you have to use it right? Just wait another 60 seconds.
Yeah sure you can wait another 60 seconds, but most people in VSH (I dont know which server you are talking about and which you play on) use !rtd to try and survive when they are in a sticky situation. As I said, Deadly Voice is kind of a waste of a roll and you cant just stop Hale from killing you for 60 seconds to wait for another roll.

Yeah sure you can wait another 60 seconds, but most people in VSH (I dont know which server you are talking about and which you play on) use !rtd to try and survive when they are in a sticky situation. As I said, Deadly Voice is kind of a waste of a roll and you cant just stop Hale from killing you for 60 seconds to wait for another roll.
Ahh, I was referring to dodgeball, I will have to try out Saxton Hale.

Good that someone addresses the problem. For my part, I have such problems with the roll that my computer completely crashes. I do not have a bad PC, I built myself a very powerful computer.

Some of them only get strong frame drops, as described in the comments above, but it can also lead to complete system failure, which should not happen.

I would be relieved if it were removed from Server #05

Not only is it is waste, but it being as bad as it is, along with toxic, makes RTD less like rolling normal dice, and more of rolling Loaded dice that favor the boss.

There are few usable "good" rolls, with most of them falling in as a waste of your RTD. Where the bad rolls mean you are instantly killed, or forced to not fight the boss for a bit. Why the hell do we have three roles that kill you out right. It made sense when Insta kills was still around, and Toxic did damage. They acted as the opposites ends of the Very good, and very bad rolls.

Now with Toxic being very shitty at 20 damage, and insta kills removed, there no real point with having three bad rolls all ending up with it just killing you.

The three rolls I am talking about are. Explode, Firework, and Timebomb.

Not only is it is waste, but it being as bad as it is, along with toxic, makes RTD less like rolling normal dice, and more of rolling Loaded dice that favor the boss.

There are few usable "good" rolls, with most of them falling in as a waste of your RTD. Where the bad rolls mean you are instantly killed, or forced to not fight the boss for a bit. Why the hell do we have three roles that kill you out right. It made sense when Insta kills was still around, and Toxic did damage. They acted as the opposites ends of the Very good, and very bad rolls.

Now with Toxic being very shitty at 20 damage, and insta kills removed, there no real point with having three bad rolls all ending up with it just killing you.

The three rolls I am talking about are. Explode, Firework, and Timebomb.

Rtd is meant to be a gamble, not an instant +1 power up, You have to have some negatives to even out the positives.

Rtd is meant to be a gamble, not an instant +1 power up, You have to have some negatives to even out the positives.

But when the negatives far outweigh the positives, it's not really a gamble, and more of a crap shoot, it devalues the mechanic from a gamble to a Panic Button. I am going to die anyway, might as well see if RTD thinks I should live.
I personally think RTD should be checked for balanced all across the board for useless wasteful rolls, and remove them, or make them usable.

I have nothing wrong with it being a gamble, but in it's current state it's not one.

• Agree
But when the negatives far outweigh the positives, it's not really a gamble, and more of a crap shoot, it devalues the mechanic from a gamble to a Panic Button. I am going to die anyway, might as well see if RTD thinks I should live.
I personally think RTD should be checked for balanced all across the board for useless wasteful rolls, and remove them, or make them usable.

I have nothing wrong with it being a gamble, but in it's current state it's not one.

I noticed this is now talking about FF2 and VHS, So I can't put my input anymore, I am thinking in dodgeball, a good rtd can be godly. I can't speak for FF2 or VHS so I will back out of this.

resetted the poll please re-vote.
poll closes in 7 days from now.

I have a decent PC, deadly voice and necrosmash both cause frame drops for me as well.
Sorry I'm a bit late on the topic, but I wouldn't mind seeing that roll go bye bye for dodgeball.

When will we get reflectable fire breath projectiles :b

I have a decent PC, deadly voice and necrosmash both cause frame drops for me as well.
Sorry I'm a bit late on the topic, but I wouldn't mind seeing that roll go bye bye for dodgeball.

When will we get reflectable fire breath projectiles :b

Yeah, I was thinking about too. I'll make a note of that.

resetted the poll and set it to close in 7 days.
please vote again if its still relevant or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread