Pending DB | Ban phlog & dragon fury (1 Viewer)

Ban these guns

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tolfx

Phlog, the ultimate w+m1 weapon in the game (imo). And now I'm making a suggestion to ban it in dodgeball and here are my reasons:

So playing phlog doesn't allow you to airblast at all, and this gives an result of you being dead in dodgeball since how else will you airblast the rocket? Often happens players just orbits for too long giving a result of an ban or a rage quiet. But ofc many players change and gets solved really fast, but I've come across that players join, the have it on them and 1 round is lost for them because they didn't have time to change, so would be easier if we banned phlog and forced players to use a normal flame thrower so this result wont happen.

So now about dragon fury, tbh this weapon is not bad nor good, but in dodgeball I see no reason to have it. Okey fine I understand if you want to challange yourself and stuff like that, but here comes a "problem", you can pick up others weapons. And I've been playing for a while and I still don't know why we can't pick up others flames but we can't, might be because is taunting or something in that way but still, we can't. But since dragon fury came out and you use it, you are able to pick up others flames. This can be discussed to ban it or fix it but that we just have to see.

Would be fun to see what we come up but I'm more pointing at the phlog because since we don't need it in db at all.

I dont really understand the part about the dragons fury and picking up weapons, can you explain that more? I dont think it will change my opinion that it doesnt need a ban but I like to have full info before I vote.

Phlog is an easy yes.

Although I have not played dodgeball much in my time I figured I can post some information here. Having the phlog is totally useless and prevents any player from playing the gamemode at all, I'd suggest adding the Phlog to the "weapon blacklist feature" as mentioned by Stabbin in this thread regarding the removal of suicide-taunt weapons in Deathrun.

I won't put any opinions on the Dragon's Fury because of my limited play time on Dodgeball.

• Useful
Reactions: Tolfx
I dont really understand the part about the dragons fury and picking up weapons, can you explain that more? I dont think it will change my opinion that it doesnt need a ban but I like to have full info before I vote.
As you can see when I was holding a normal flamethrower you can't pick up any flames, but as the dragon fury allows you to pick them up. Tbh no such a big of an issues imo but maybe should get some attention since you can't pick up any other flamethrowers if you don't have the dragon fury.

As you can see when I was holding a normal flamethrower you can't pick up any flames, but as the dragon fury allows you to pick them up. Tbh no such a big of an issues imo but maybe should get some attention since you can't pick up any other flamethrowers if you don't have the dragon fury.

Alright then. I do see a small issue with that, since if someone is unaware they can pick up a Dragon's Fury and then realise that they cannot revert to their old gun. But for now I've still decided to vote no on it but I don't really mind. We'll see if it becomes an issue down the line.

Reactions: Tolfx
Yes for the phlog, or maybe do like some DB servs and add a plugin to be able to reflecct with phlog (But yeah, banning it is easier)

For the dragon fury, let's be honest, I don't see why we can't pick weapons on the ground. You will have your original weapon at the end of the round anyway. Why not being able to pick weapons on the ground?

No point in banning the DF, it's usable, yeah you can pick weapons on the ground. Either make it impossible like everything else, or enable all weapons to be able to pick from the ground (And I'd rather have that tbh)

There's no reason to ban the Dragon's Fury since it is still usable. Picking up weapons with it is not really a problem imo. If it is popular opinion for all weapons to be able to pick up then that would not be an issue as well if it can be implemented. I have only seen two other communities so far that allow for all weapons to be picked up. One of them works fine, while the other community places you in civilian mode if you attempt to pick up other people's flamethrower.

Unless there was an issue in the past about having all weapons being able to get picked up then I would not mind whether:
  • Dragon's Fury stays the same
  • Dragon's Fury is edited to not be able to pick up other weapons like the rest
  • Or have every weapon be able to pick up
I am aware that the rainblower is a flamethrower that is edited to not be able to taunt with. So I'm hoping that if it is decided to do something about the Dragon's Fury that it would be edited if possible and not banned.

And if phlog is not edited to be able to air blast with it, then banning it would be fine.

• Agree
Reactions: Tolfx and Djusan
Degreaser has it's stats changed to reflect at the same time as the flame thrower right?

Is it just as simple to make the fury and the phlog do the same thing?

And for the record, phlog ban has been on the table for over two years. Nothing has ever been done about it.

Pretty clear that phlog should be banned on DB on the votes, but the dragon fury has been a bit mixed.

Things that could be fixed by not removing the dragon fury:
1, Changing the reload time to a normal flamethrower (like we did to the degreaser).
2, Disable picking up flamethrowers for the dragon fury.
3, Enable to pick up all flamethrowers for every flamethrower in DB.

If nothing good comes up or becomes unclear what we will do with the dragon fury the vote will decide. I think 1 week should be enough so time to decide.

And for me would suggest 1 or 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread