Accepted Cyptix's admin application for NY trade (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyptix

Name/Nickname: Cyptix

Steam32 ID: STEAM_1:1:94437458

Online times and timezone: I'm in USA east, I'm usually online on weekends and anywhere after 3 pm on weekdays

Which servers i usually play on and would apply for: I always play on NY trade and i would like to apply admin for that since there's an available position.

Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report? I haven't played on other panda community servers other then mge and NY trade but it would be great to have a visit if i was asked by someone.

Do you have a microphone? No

Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator: I have no admin experience in the past whatsoever so this is my first time applying for admin on a community.

Do you have experience administrating with sourcemod? Yes i know some basic commands such as /kick /ban /mute etc.

Why should we choose you as part of our team?: I'm a very active player on that server i'm on almost everyday sometimes i'm not either I'm busy or just playing something else. I also see that there isn't a lot of admins on that server currently and there has been tons of cheaters and people mic spamming and it's just becoming an issue. I type /calladmin in the chat if there is an cheater on the server but they usually never come so i thought of that there isn't a lot of admins on that server so this is why I'm currently applying.

What i would do as an admin: I would make sure people know the rules and if they break them i would give them an warning of what they're doing wrong and then if they do it again then i'll kick them, If they STILL continue then i'll ban them for the rest of the day. If there is a cheater on the server the first thing i'll do is spectate him and record a demo then after a while i'll perm ban him. If someone is chat/mic spamming i'll warn them first then if they still do it i'll mute/gag them for 30 minutes.

Stats: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1659834024

0 Comms
0 Bans

@Madact
@Rabid

The application looks decent, but it can definitely improve. Also how would you punish exactly? You only mention kicking and gagging/muting for 30 minutes (which 30 minutes is way too low tbh, but that's just me). Could you go further in-depth for how you are going to punish? Anyways, glad to see NY Trade getting more love. Good luck!

Reactions: Redacted._
If i could go farther it really would depend on how the person is breaking the rules. Obviously if it's racism it would be a permanent mute but anyways i don't really think i can take punishment that far since this is my first time applying for admin.

Reactions: Redacted._
If i could go farther it really would depend on how the person is breaking the rules. Obviously if it's racism it would be a permanent mute but anyways i don't really think i can take punishment that far since this is my first time applying for admin.

- Punishment can always be guided in the trial process if accepted. Your mentor will guide you in the process of when it’s appropriate to give punishment and their lengths ( some may differ depending on the rule(s) broken and the stacking system).
- It is a pleasure to see Cyptix applying, I’ve seen him on the server pretty frequently as recent as yesterday. As he already stated, the server is lacking in admins ( which may change with some new admin applications) and there are frequent micspammers( and hackers) and the /calladmin command doesn’t really help.
- The only real downside is that I don’t see you report that often and when there is a hacker ( you can record a demo and report it here) and give warnings/ report mic spammers ( probably due to lack of use to forums and reliance on /calladmin).
- For future reference check How To Report A Player in how to report, thanks for your time and best of luck!

Hello Cyptix,

I'm glad to see that there is interest in helping us out on the NY Trade server as we do not have any American admins who actively visit the server.
First of all I want to apologize for the lack of administration, I added the server to my call list now and hope that I can reduce the amount of rulebreakers in the meantime.

Your application contains all the necessary information and the "why we should choose you" part is reasonable albeit nothing special. I have played a little with you the past few days and noticed you barely use the chat at all. I don't mind it, as I barely use it myself as well unless I'm talking to friends but it makes it hard for me to judge your character. This doesn't mean that you should start chatting non-stop all of the sudden, it's only the reason why the feedback has taken so long and I won't vote yet.
I just wanted to let you know that you have not been forgotten and that I'm looking forward to play more with you in the future, whenever we happen to meet on the server!

I will give you more feedback and properly vote once I feel comfortable with judging you.

• Winner
Reactions: Chae and ZeroPC
Pretty much Zeprus has stated what is currently going on. I do see your calls and have tried to attempt to come on to solve the situation but you are very silent and havn't really been able to come up with much.
With other applicants they have attempted to get into contact with regulars and admins that reside on the server so a better communication and general commitment towards becoming a staff member has been promising on a server we cannot check chat log or monitor sessions.
Perhaps a couple of reports filing could help your case if you aren't the one for talking. Although the server may seem lacking particularly when it hits past the 6pm in EST . Since you mention 3pm, we bump into each other.

The application itself isn't exactly what was hoped. Some elements you have at least picked up on such as recording a demo for hackers and such. No mention of stacking, mentions no admin experience but is aware you can use /mute /gag ? Any examples of how this would be executed with time and reason?
What other trade specific rules are there that you would need to punish for? Do you know them?

Checking your steamid it's possible you could have been punished on FoG. Also you mention racism would be a perm mute for you which is similar to FoG approach. That isn't the case here and is subject to regular stacking.

Overall, expecting improvement towards some form of dedication and application. You can submit your improved in a post below.
One of the mistakes I made is not pushing enough for a good standard for the server. Server is easy to manage for starting admins. If I do seem harsh here, it's me wanting to know if you'd be a good fit here.

• Winner
Reactions: Chae and ZeroPC
Thank you for your feedback, as i stated above i do not have any admin experience at all and as of what Zeprus stated that i don't use the chat that often is true. I am pretty quiet in general and don't talk unless it's something relevant, if i do get hired as an admin I definitely would use the chat more often to get stuff going around. As of what you said above the server is lacking past 6 pm est in which i am usually on at that time. Muting and gagging can be another thing too, I'm not exactly sure how long i should mute the person for a specific punishment whatsoever but i would say chat/mic spamming should result a mute anytime from 30 mins to an hour. Yes i have been punished before on FoG for spawncamping which i think isn't against the rules here on Trade NY if you say so. And yeah i thought of racism being a perma mute which isn't really the case here, i would say if someone is constantly saying racist stuff after a warning i would say they should get muted/gagged for at least a whole day. That's my conclusion here as i would hope to see myself improve overtime if i do get accepted into the staff team.

Reactions: Madact
So far I have been on and seen you gaming. You have attempted to at least do what had been asked and generally with a little training you could become a decent admin.
I haven't heard that you maybe taking a vacation as your forum activity is coming to a week. I haven't seen you in a while either but that might be due to us coming on at different times? It's difficult without knowing stats.
Just going to place my +1 here, if I see you are off the server for a while it's possible I'll retract it.

accepted, welcome in the team.
your mentor during your trial phase will be @Zeprus.

Reactions: Chae
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread